Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

increasing height

View previous topic View next topic Go down

increasing height

Post  rio123 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:40 am

is there a way of increasing height through supplementing with the right supplements?

some have said taking supps which release GH can increase height (arginine, melatonin are a few), which makes sense as the worlds tallest man had a benign tumor which would release extra GH causing him to grow taller etc

what do you guys think?

rio123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: increasing height

Post  ngb on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 am

If you are passed puberty I don't think it's possible.  There are a lot of people taking HGH and they aren't growing taller.

ngb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BelieveInIt on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:29 am

only way past closing of growthplates is by extreme stretching exercises and correct sleep posture every day. this way you can gain about 2'' max. but imo it's not worth it

BelieveInIt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:54 am

Fixing your posture will help you appear taller. Also a lot of people have excessive kyphosis/lordosis from sitting down too much. Fixing that (good posture) could help some.

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:14 pm

BelieveInIt wrote:only way past closing of growthplates is by extreme stretching exercises and correct sleep posture every day. this way you can gain about 2'' max. but imo it's not worth it

how would this explain why the tallest man in the world has grown much taller than average?

rio123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dickadlop on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 am

if you look at previous topic
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t10142-ot-jaw-chin-growth
"when we were younger, we had added bone broths and yogurt and the like to our diet, and at age 24 my husband grew an inch and his facial structure changed."
interesting..
i also read that people taking glucosamine sulphate can grow up to 1-2inches in height. http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2012/10/25/increase-height-and-grow-taller-using-chondroitin-and-glucosamine/

dickadlop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rio123 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 am

dickadlop wrote:if you look at previous topic
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t10142-ot-jaw-chin-growth
"when we were younger, we had added bone broths and yogurt and the like to our diet, and at age 24 my husband grew an inch and his facial structure changed."
interesting..
i also read that people taking glucosamine sulphate can grow up to 1-2inches in height. http://www.naturalheightgrowth.com/2012/10/25/increase-height-and-grow-taller-using-chondroitin-and-glucosamine/

interesting!

rio123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:34 pm

When the epiphyseal plate has calcified, it is no longer possible to increase height short of inducing a hormonal environment like acromegaly, which would require injecting pituitary hormones and would probably be very costly and dangerous, as these growth hormones don't only effect bone, but also internal organs, ala the heart.
AS54

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:03 am

AS54 wrote:When the epiphyseal plate has calcified, it is no longer possible to increase height short of inducing a hormonal environment like acromegaly, which would require injecting pituitary hormones and would probably be very costly and dangerous, as these growth hormones don't only effect bone, but also internal organs, ala the heart.
What about K2 supplements which can decalcify and stimulate bone growth?

harechallenge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MovieJunkie89 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 pm

I've grown taller in the past. I'm 6'1 but I played High School basketball and there were times I used to feel the need to be even taller. Now for starters my dad is 5'7 and my mom is 5'2 so I tower over them. But I grew early, and when I was about 16 an X-ray confirmed that my Growth plates had fused.  I managed to get some audio of a grow taller hypnosis series from Dr. Laura De Giorgio (RIP). I used it for about 3 months and by the end of the third month I was pushing 6'3. Eventually I lost the height over time, I honestly got lazy and didn't feel like listening to the audio twice a day.

Now before I go any further I want to state that I don't work for Dr. Laura's company nor am I trying to promote her products, the last thing I want is for some moron to come say I'm trying to trick people into buying something (Similar to idiots on here who accuse anyone who tries to help us out of selling something).

In fact, I WOULD NOT recommend anyone use Dr. Laura's grow taller products. When I first started using her products I used to communicate with her frequently and she would always give me support and tell me that sky is the limit when it came to growing taller (Even after puberty). She even told me that she had used her products to get taller herself. Now, I was deeply saddened to hear that Dr. Laura passed away a few months ago. Supposedly she had cancer in her leg. And this is exactly why I would discourage people from using her grow taller products. When you use her hypnosis for growing taller you feel growing pains in your legs. I can't help but feel that somehow her products backfired on her and cancer was created in her leg. I don't know this for sure but as someone who has used her products that's what came to mind for me. I won't ever be taking that risk again, at 6'1 I'm tall enough. RIP to Dr. Laura though, sleep easy Doc.

MovieJunkie89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  harechallenge on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:17 pm

I was about 5' 7.5" at 18 and at 21  maybe an inch taller.   I never made persistent effort to boost my height. I just thought that maybe vitamin K2 could be a factor in height increase or maintaining current height.  Sorry about Dr. Laura, but are you sure about hypnosis? I'd bet her death is certainly going to discourage people from buying hypnotic products/services.

harechallenge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 am

Some guys stop growing at 25

Hairbeback

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content