Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

detumescence really works.

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:12 am

MovieJunkie89 wrote:I wish Drex1999 was still around so I could ask him a few questions. He kept making more and more progress as shown through his pictures. He's probably conquered his MPB by now which is why he wouldn't need to post here anymore. I hope to do the same in the next few months. The interesting thing with Drex was he actually had the most success when he focused on only DT and ditched using his Violet Ray. Pretty cool, but I still don't see how a Violet Ray wouldn't be anything but an enhancer of this method.

Yeah, can't blame him for leaving though because of all the flaming.

Also, I added a method from a video the OP of this thread linked: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11708-my-thought-of-my-hair-loss

It looks like DT but with a variation on the one handed pinch. I tried this last night and to my amazement I got a release of sticky grease from areas where it never happened before, basically you use one hand to pinch but put your other hand on top of those fingers so you can actually use the one handed pinch all over your head, you can get a lot of force that way.

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  piranha on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:12 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:I wish Drex1999 was still around so I could ask him a few questions. He kept making more and more progress as shown through his pictures. He's probably conquered his MPB by now which is why he wouldn't need to post here anymore. I hope to do the same in the next few months. The interesting thing with Drex was he actually had the most success when he focused on only DT and ditched using his Violet Ray. Pretty cool, but I still don't see how a Violet Ray wouldn't be anything but an enhancer of this method.

Yeah, can't blame him for leaving though because of all the flaming.

Also, I added a method from a video the OP of this thread linked:  http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11708-my-thought-of-my-hair-loss

It looks like DT but with a variation on the one handed pinch.  I tried this last night and to my amazement I got a release of sticky grease from areas where it never happened before, basically you use one hand to pinch but put your other hand on top of those fingers so you can actually use the one handed pinch all over your head, you can get a lot of force that way.

good find I checked the link and the video can you post again if you get more info about the length of the massage, studies of the curvy doctorish looking person(its hard to tell if he's a doctor or not just by using translate). People also massage the back of the scalp on the video tho I thought dt was about massaging just the upside of the scalp and the thing they used on the scalp made me think if thats the stuff h.choy calculated the thickness of the scalp

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:22 am

piranha wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
MovieJunkie89 wrote:I wish Drex1999 was still around so I could ask him a few questions. He kept making more and more progress as shown through his pictures. He's probably conquered his MPB by now which is why he wouldn't need to post here anymore. I hope to do the same in the next few months. The interesting thing with Drex was he actually had the most success when he focused on only DT and ditched using his Violet Ray. Pretty cool, but I still don't see how a Violet Ray wouldn't be anything but an enhancer of this method.

Yeah, can't blame him for leaving though because of all the flaming.

Also, I added a method from a video the OP of this thread linked:  http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11708-my-thought-of-my-hair-loss

It looks like DT but with a variation on the one handed pinch.  I tried this last night and to my amazement I got a release of sticky grease from areas where it never happened before, basically you use one hand to pinch but put your other hand on top of those fingers so you can actually use the one handed pinch all over your head, you can get a lot of force that way.

good find I checked the link and the video can you post again if you get more info about the length of the massage, studies of the curvy doctorish looking person(its hard to tell if he's a doctor or not just by using translate). People also massage the back of the scalp on the video tho I thought dt was about massaging just the upside of the scalp and the thing they used on the scalp made me think if thats the stuff h.choy calculated the thickness of the scalp

Well I can't understand a word of it or I would let you all know Very Happy

It's got really good demonstrations though, it even shows you how creating friction between your fingers and scalp is bad.

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  drex1999 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Holy crap, you guys still remember me. Just spent the last 3 evenings reading these boards after a very long time away and didn't read this thread till tonight as I already knew this worked (to a point), lol.

1) Violet Ray. I always wondered why the ray worked. I did get results from it. Then another guy jumped on Malinaik's bandwagon and made his own ray. He supposed that the electric pulses made the arrector pili contract and force gunk out of the hair follicle. That's what detumescence does, but better. I got way better results with my fingers.

2) Quick update. I got amazing results my first year, slacked off, tried to get it back. I never regained my original success but I did hold with about 40% coverage of my balding areas and still have it. That's been a long time now. Haven't lost ground anywhere else. Hell if I know what I changed to not climb all the way back. There is no book to go by. I have only read the last 3 pages of this thread, will have to go back and read the beginning of it. Maybe someone here has taken the baton and is running with it. I am far from an expert.

3) Very interesting read about the swiss temples guy. If you read his stuff very carefully, he was getting success with castor oil, dmso and needling before he added the extra stuff. Just thinking out loud here: detum might trigger the same body reaction as needling and maybe you could skip the dmso and thin the castor oil with simple rubbing alcohol to easily get absorbtion. I'll explain why I bring this stuff up, but I'm just throwing it around in my head.

What does detum really do? In my head, it clears the follicle and creates blood flow to feed the scalp and wash/carry everything else away. Maybe a bit of healing action that triggers growth like needling is thought to do. Add in the castor oil and it's ricenoelic acid helping things out as SwissT seems to have proven...I wonder...it has logic behind it and that's what's always driven me. lot's to think about. Lots of reading to do.

Don't give up. It's like we're circling the things that work, touching them from time to time. Just got to lock it down. Deteumescence works. It's worth the small effort it takes. Just needs refined. Thinner hair coverage is better than no hair coverage.

I wish I brought news of complete success but is 40% regrowth not success in itself? I proved already to myself this can work better. Just have to find the way back. Outside of that, I'm outta here. I proved long ago I am a magnet for jackasses on these boards and you guys don't need that. Good luck!!

drex1999

Posts : 120
Join date : 2012-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:39 pm

drex1999 wrote:Holy crap, you guys still remember me. Just spent the last 3 evenings reading these boards after a very long time away and didn't read this thread till tonight as I already knew this worked (to a point), lol.

1) Violet Ray. I always wondered why the ray worked. I did get results from it. Then another guy jumped on Malinaik's bandwagon and made his own ray. He supposed that the electric pulses made the arrector pili contract and force gunk out of the hair follicle. That's what detumescence does, but better. I got way better results with my fingers.

2) Quick update. I got amazing results my first year, slacked off, tried to get it back. I never regained my original success but I did hold with about 40% coverage of my balding areas and still have it. That's been a long time now. Haven't lost ground anywhere else. Hell if I know what I changed to not climb all the way back. There is no book to go by. I have only read the last 3 pages of this thread, will have to go back and read the beginning of it. Maybe someone here has taken the baton and is running with it. I am far from an expert.

3) Very interesting read about the swiss temples guy. If you read his stuff very carefully, he was getting success with castor oil, dmso and needling before he added the extra stuff. Just thinking out loud here: detum might trigger the same body reaction as needling and maybe you could skip the dmso and thin the castor oil with simple rubbing alcohol to easily get absorbtion. I'll explain why I bring this stuff up, but I'm just throwing it around in my head.

What does detum really do? In my head, it clears the follicle and creates blood flow to feed the scalp and wash/carry everything else away. Maybe a bit of healing action that triggers growth like needling is thought to do. Add in the castor oil and it's ricenoelic acid helping things out as SwissT seems to have proven...I wonder...it has logic behind it and that's what's always driven me. lot's to think about. Lots of reading to do.

Don't give up. It's like we're circling the things that work, touching them from time to time. Just got to lock it down. Deteumescence works. It's worth the small effort it takes. Just needs refined. Thinner hair coverage is better than no hair coverage.

I wish I brought news of complete success but is 40% regrowth not success in itself? I proved already to myself this can work better. Just have to find the way back. Outside of that, I'm outta here. I proved long ago I am a magnet for jackasses on these boards and you guys don't need that. Good luck!!

Shocked Thanks for the update!

I'd say 40% regrowth is certainly victory, if you can get that much you can get 100%!

My DT technique keeps getting refined, now it's basically very hard downward pressure, then hard two handed pinching, hard downward knuckle rubbing motion, then some hard general massage, no regrowth yet though or stabilization, but it's only 4 months in!

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  sizzlinghairs on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:44 am

drex1999 wrote:Holy crap, you guys still remember me. Just spent the last 3 evenings reading these boards after a very long time away and didn't read this thread till tonight as I already knew this worked (to a point), lol.

1) Violet Ray. I always wondered why the ray worked. I did get results from it. Then another guy jumped on Malinaik's bandwagon and made his own ray. He supposed that the electric pulses made the arrector pili contract and force gunk out of the hair follicle. That's what detumescence does, but better. I got way better results with my fingers.

2) Quick update. I got amazing results my first year, slacked off, tried to get it back. I never regained my original success but I did hold with about 40% coverage of my balding areas and still have it. That's been a long time now. Haven't lost ground anywhere else. Hell if I know what I changed to not climb all the way back. There is no book to go by. I have only read the last 3 pages of this thread, will have to go back and read the beginning of it. Maybe someone here has taken the baton and is running with it. I am far from an expert.

3) Very interesting read about the swiss temples guy. If you read his stuff very carefully, he was getting success with castor oil, dmso and needling before he added the extra stuff. Just thinking out loud here: detum might trigger the same body reaction as needling and maybe you could skip the dmso and thin the castor oil with simple rubbing alcohol to easily get absorbtion. I'll explain why I bring this stuff up, but I'm just throwing it around in my head.

What does detum really do? In my head, it clears the follicle and creates blood flow to feed the scalp and wash/carry everything else away. Maybe a bit of healing action that triggers growth like needling is thought to do. Add in the castor oil and it's ricenoelic acid helping things out as SwissT seems to have proven...I wonder...it has logic behind it and that's what's always driven me. lot's to think about. Lots of reading to do.

Don't give up. It's like we're circling the things that work, touching them from time to time. Just got to lock it down. Deteumescence works. It's worth the small effort it takes. Just needs refined. Thinner hair coverage is better than no hair coverage.

I wish I brought news of complete success but is 40% regrowth not success in itself? I proved already to myself this can work better. Just have to find the way back. Outside of that, I'm outta here. I proved long ago I am a magnet for jackasses on these boards and you guys don't need that. Good luck!!

Thanks for the update drexx.

If by any chance you come back in next couple days to quick follow up: what does your DT regimen consist of currently?

How long do you do sessions for? Is it 20 min 2 x day religiously? Do you pinch/stretch then press down?

Just wondering if you could elaborate on what you currently do, as detailed as possible.

Thanks!

sizzlinghairs

Posts : 772
Join date : 2011-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:07 am

^ Yeah, I hate to ask, but we have to, that's the main problem; technique and duration Very Happy

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  piranha on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:00 am

drex1999 wrote:Holy crap, you guys still remember me. Just spent the last 3 evenings reading these boards after a very long time away and didn't read this thread till tonight as I already knew this worked (to a point), lol.

1) Violet Ray. I always wondered why the ray worked. I did get results from it. Then another guy jumped on Malinaik's bandwagon and made his own ray. He supposed that the electric pulses made the arrector pili contract and force gunk out of the hair follicle. That's what detumescence does, but better. I got way better results with my fingers.

2) Quick update. I got amazing results my first year, slacked off, tried to get it back. I never regained my original success but I did hold with about 40% coverage of my balding areas and still have it. That's been a long time now. Haven't lost ground anywhere else. Hell if I know what I changed to not climb all the way back. There is no book to go by. I have only read the last 3 pages of this thread, will have to go back and read the beginning of it. Maybe someone here has taken the baton and is running with it. I am far from an expert.

3) Very interesting read about the swiss temples guy. If you read his stuff very carefully, he was getting success with castor oil, dmso and needling before he added the extra stuff. Just thinking out loud here: detum might trigger the same body reaction as needling and maybe you could skip the dmso and thin the castor oil with simple rubbing alcohol to easily get absorbtion. I'll explain why I bring this stuff up, but I'm just throwing it around in my head.

What does detum really do? In my head, it clears the follicle and creates blood flow to feed the scalp and wash/carry everything else away. Maybe a bit of healing action that triggers growth like needling is thought to do. Add in the castor oil and it's ricenoelic acid helping things out as SwissT seems to have proven...I wonder...it has logic behind it and that's what's always driven me. lot's to think about. Lots of reading to do.

Don't give up. It's like we're circling the things that work, touching them from time to time. Just got to lock it down. Deteumescence works. It's worth the small effort it takes. Just needs refined. Thinner hair coverage is better than no hair coverage.

I wish I brought news of complete success but is 40% regrowth not success in itself? I proved already to myself this can work better. Just have to find the way back. Outside of that, I'm outta here. I proved long ago I am a magnet for jackasses on these boards and you guys don't need that. Good luck!!
Hi drex,
I'm glad you're not gone I read that 70+ page thread lol and I totally agree the magnet part but your post confused me a litte especially the "I never regained my original success but I did hold with about 40% coverage" part what do you mean by regaining your original success does that mean your progress was slower compared to first times or that you went through a shed that regaining part has something to do with that. And some questions:
1-) I recall you drew some pics about the technique you used, do you still do dt that way.If not can you give us some tips and pics about your regrowth and technique.
2-) some people reported going through a shedding yet they were pretty optimistic about that did you go through a shed and if you did, did you get that hair back. tnx

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pictures from one calendar month of treatment

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:46 am

A real treat to have Drex, a tried and tested regrower return and join in the refining process. Makes me thankful that the hard core doubters are basically leaving us alone. I think sometimes that it takes science a while to catch up with demonstrated reality.  Honestly  if I had seen the Chinese massage video and that was the evidence and simplicity of DT , I would laugh it off too.
  Also Drex reminds me that there are many ways and speeds to regrow.  I am sold on the speed of my 2 handed pressing, bottle  to scalp grinding method; but it is encouraging to think that other methods will get results too.
  For todays one month anniversary pictures I tried again to get some focused pictures of the side temples. They are particularly useful. First is  that they are truly in the middle of bald land. Second is that they were already regrowing/lengthening after around 2 weeks of treatment and I shaved them to zero. Now they are regrown to 1/8 - 1/4 inch and there are many hairs ( like hundreds ) across my scalp that look like they are establishing lasting growth pace.
  Now for the pictures that are of limited quality , so I give a few to try to piece the picture together. Basically it is really hard to force and auto adjust cell phone camera to focus where you want.  Also the focused area leaves the other areas looking bald, bleached, and blurry. In real life my scalp almost looks like it is peeling after sun. It has many little hairs that are blond and light lifting off the skin.
   The area is the side temple above the corner of the eyebrow. The pictures are displayed horizontally.

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151116.jpg

If you look in the next photo can see one of the few random hairs that have spouted out full diameter.  
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151118.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151119.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151120.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151117.jpg

cdto2012

Posts : 603
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  drex1999 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Technique seems to be everything here. I have come to the conclusion (and remember, I am just an average guy and what I say may or may not be correct) that maybe some things we do work and some things work against it. My technique these days is all over the place. Some of this, some of that. But it's not exactly right. I know this. 5 mins in the morning, 5-10 in the afternoon and anywhere from 15-30 mins at night watching tv. It's become routine now. I hardly notice it.

Someone just asked what I meant about not having the success I had. I bet I made it up to 75% coverage of my temples a little less than a year in and figured I had it in the bag, . Those were exciting days. The hair just kept showing up. I don't even remember if I changed what I did on purpose or it just happened...and you try different things and before you know it, you've left the original path and can't remember the way back.

Look, I hadn't even considered reading any of these boards in a long, long time. I don't remember that last time and just stopped in on the weekend for no real reason and got interested. I had become complacent. Ok with where I landed in this. I still am ok with it. After I posted last night, something struck me. Sometimes I think I'm a smart guy and sometimes I realize I can be dumb as well. All this time, I didn't know what exactly I had done right. And it hit me. Maybe I left myself a trail of breadcrumbs. Right here! I'm not saying go back and read all my damn posts. But I'll tell you I am going to read them. They probably have way more meaning to me I think in twigging my memory. Maybe I can set myself back on the path. Maybe I can't. Guess I'll find out.

I'll go back to the beginning and try to improve on things. That's what these boards should be about. Everybody trying. Trying and reporting. That is all I have ever tried to do. So I'll go do that. One thing I know for sure...it's going to be a while. It always is in this game. Nothing happens fast. If I do make strides, I'll let you know. Till then, I'll let you guys keep trying your own thing. I can't be of any more help I don't think. You're here and you're trying. It's all that counts.  Later.

drex1999

Posts : 120
Join date : 2012-02-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  long hair on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:53 am

strange you dont know what you did ...about 2 years ago i was browsing youtube searching for some hair loss treatment (may be Tom Hagerty exercise i dont remember ) . under some video a commenter say he is sad that no one know about maliniak method so i googled and it drive me to hairlosstalk forum i found a thread about MM there ,started to read it and it was so negative posts there , it seems worthless to continue but i said to my self if i find 1 positive comment that will be enough i found it and that was you drex talking about it in a good way .. ..so i went for MM massage 4..5 months some hair grow some thing like 4mm but it stoped there ..maliniak said massage is not work without VR , so i build the machine ....i had to build the coil 5 times because it burnes fast ...i learned how to do the 6th one in a right way .
the machine is junk but there was a spark ..work with it another 6 months and i grow 3~7mm thin hair and it halt there .
so i back to search i found "deletme" point to your thread "DT dedicated..." once i found you there i knew this will going to work ...it was a hot thread by that time ...i red it and add DT to MM massage and the growrh started agian ..yes DT is slowly
and the hair is thin ..not cover but it works.
i think you did the right thing by keeping MM and DT alife and you prove them works that why people remember you.

so thank you drex and welcome back .

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/52002-Maliniak-Method?p=1072423&viewfull=1#post1072423

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/52002-Maliniak-Method?p=1053908&viewfull=1#post1053908

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/52002-Maliniak-Method?p=1061166&viewfull=1#post1061166
avatar
long hair

Posts : 180
Join date : 2015-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  MovieJunkie89 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm think of using the "Tesla Brush" as my violet ray. Anyone know anything about it? http://www.newhairnewme.com/blog/

MovieJunkie89

Posts : 212
Join date : 2015-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  piranha on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:39 am

You guys remember sensei miyagi johndoe123 posted about, I found this watch?v=zGDCOsln7ic what I understand from it is you massage your scalp with either shampoo or palm oil (translate just says palm it doesnt say shampoo or palm oil) or something that helps with not pulling your hair (remember the image previous videos showed about pulling your hair while dry massaging). I'm not sure if this technique is for calcification but I can say its main focus is blood flood of the scalp.I've been into dt for like 2 weeks or smt but I was massaging harder and harder my scalp started to feel damaged and for a couple of days I'm massaging according to these 2 videos (2x2 for 20 mins)
watch?v=F-pG2bhtMCA
watch?v=7-9ch9zv2R8 (new user, cant post links but I guess its ok to post these I mean this is youtube, duh.) my scalp kinda feels fresh a couple days before when I started pressing the scalp hard after kneading and I guess it caused some shedding and I still am shedding. So how about you guys getting results with dt do you think this method(the videos) could work, do you massage your scalp till its sore, do you feel a freshness after your massage sessions, what do you think about pressing hard until your scalp hurts, thnx.

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:02 am

Welcome Piranah ,   I reposted your links below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDCOsln7ic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-pG2bhtMCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-9ch9zv2R8

    The videos do look good for technique.  Palm oil is not known to be so healthy, coconut oils good for hair or jojoba oil if you can find it.
     When I started out my scalp was sore in many places. As my scalp is healthier after a few weeks it gets less sore. If an area was sore, I focused on it.  Now I like 2 handed hard pressure. I grab a plastic vitamin bottle with 2 hands and press with the rounded bottom edge. As long as there is not visible bruising, I consider hard pressure useful. You can see since page 4 that I have been doing very strong pressure and pictures of my fast results. From what I can tell my entire original hairline has started regrowing in a month.
    It is all about blood flow, pressing out toxins and killing demodex mites.  You can learn about the enzyme exfoliation if you are interested, I am sure they have helped me a lot.  
    The refreshed feeling is probably oxygen rushing near the brain. Hope you stay inspired and see some results eventually.

cdto2012

Posts : 603
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  johndoe1225 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:45 am

Something I've noticed recently experimenting with different massage techniques is that if I use a TWO handed knuckle massage I seem to be able to get the best of both worlds, hard downward pressure and pinching action

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  piranha on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:54 am

I feel like I'm breaking the hair when I use knuckles tbh

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  piranha on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:58 am

cdto2012 wrote:Welcome Piranah ,   I reposted your links below
    The videos do look good for technique.  Palm oil is not known to be so healthy, coconut oils good for hair or jojoba oil if you can find it.
     When I started out my scalp was sore in many places. As my scalp is healthier after a few weeks it gets less sore. If an area was sore, I focused on it.   Now I like 2 handed hard pressure. I grab a plastic vitamin bottle with 2 hands and press with the rounded bottom edge.  As long as there is not visible bruising, I consider hard pressure useful. You can see since page 4 that I have been doing very strong pressure and pictures of my fast results. From what I can tell my entire original hairline has started regrowing in a month.
    It is all about blood flow, pressing out toxins and killing demodex mites.  You can learn about the enzyme exfoliation if you are interested, I am sure they have helped me a lot.  
    The refreshed feeling is probably oxygen rushing near the brain. Hope you stay inspired and see some results eventually.
hey thnx for the repost! yeah I checked the thread, saw the mite pics I'm on a ton of things actually and I'm 20 so I hope to get results before the 10 months mark if I ever will and I'll stick with the massage as long as it doesn't worsen my situation and I'll start pressing again I'd love to use my dermaroller but some people say you shouldn't do dt for a couple of days if you dermaroll

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:14 am

I miss needling,  I never went back to it because there was not so much evidence of fast full regrowth back in 2004.  My regrowth with minox and needling kind of tapered off, or I just got impatient and decided for a second hair transplant.
   As you are young I guess that your cause for thinning would be more hormonal  rather than like myself.  I guess mine is years of gradual depletion and neglect. I suspect that your thinning has to do with increased sebum production. I think DT is very effective for pressing out and cleansing the scalp. Needling seems good for waking up the surface of the scalp to regenerate, like my old scalp.
   Just some theorizing to say that if you have to make decisions about treatment, I would focus on DT and watch the skin become less sore and healthier.  A sore scalp is a sign that it is under attack. I used get scalp massages in the shops here. I was always surprised when the lady would make circles and press on my temples, it hurt. Now I realize that normal scalps are not sore everywhere. Mine has very much changed for the better now.
     Theoretically might use dermaroller once a week.  When I was needling the recovery time for me was 24 hours. You can feel when the soreness from needling has passed.  My scalp is pretty clear as to when it needs a break, and when it really wants a strong massage or needling.  Just to be clear, I am not using any needling now to test DT alone.

cdto2012

Posts : 603
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  piranha on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:48 am

cdto2012 wrote:I miss needling,  I never went back to it because there was not so much evidence of fast full regrowth back in 2004.  My regrowth with minox and needling kind of tapered off, or I just got impatient and decided for a second hair transplant.
   As you are young I guess that your cause for thinning would be more hormonal  rather than like myself.  I guess mine is years of gradual depletion and neglect. I suspect that your thinning has to do with increased sebum production. I think DT is very effective for pressing out and cleansing the scalp. Needling seems good for waking up the surface of the scalp to regenerate, like my old scalp.
   Just some theorizing to say that if you have to make decisions about treatment, I would focus on DT and watch the skin become less sore and healthier.  A sore scalp is a sign that it is under attack. I used get scalp massages in the shops here. I was always surprised when the lady would make circles and press on my temples, it hurt. Now I realize that normal scalps are not sore everywhere. Mine has very much changed for the better now.
     Theoretically might use dermaroller once a week.  When I was needling the recovery time for me was 24 hours. You can feel when the soreness from needling has passed.  My scalp is pretty clear as to when it needs a break, and when it really wants a strong massage or needling.  Just to be clear, I am not using any needling now to test DT alone.

Hormonal impact makes sense I agree, yet I can definitely feel bumps on my scalp I mean something is wrong here I also started taking d3-k2-calcium-magnesium complex so I guess all I have to do now is tweak the method a little bit and keep on going also I'm not sure if I should drop acv might as well stop using it

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  MovieJunkie89 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:38 am

I'll be getting the Teslabrush from Newhairnewme in a few days, I'm hoping that along with DT will be enough to help me halt my minor hair loss. I already know if it works I'll probably be called some kind of scammer LOL, the brush costs a lot so I'm really hoping it works.

MovieJunkie89

Posts : 212
Join date : 2015-02-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Photos after 1 month and a week, better details of regrowth

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:42 am

Hello,   A productive day learning to use my samsung android camera. Learned to take off the auto focus,  no flash, macro focus mode, spot metering, and superfine image quality. Finally I think you will be able to see with focus what I have been seeing for hairs truly regrowing across my previously bald for years temples.
 Before the photo details, I want to express my recommendation that DT massagers avoid pinching the skin, especially if it is not so flexible.  My normal method of pressing hard and circles on the skull (not rubbing scalp surface); involved very little pinching. The reason for the elimination of pinching is that others have noticed crease wrinkles developing. I saw potential for such a crease myself, and see no real benefit to the pinching above the normal press and circles.
  If you have been waiting for the quality details of regrowth, I hope these will deliver. The time of treatment is one month and a week. I always wet or oil the area so the light catches the blond hairs and they stand up. You may notice a few hairs that have turned black already also.
  The context for the photos is that this is fresh regrowth  on my temple area. These hairs have established a growth rate and are longer every day. I am not bothering to show all the regrowth at border areas and back of my head, but they are all regrowing also. There is a forehead side view to show a some detail of the lengthening process far far from my receding hairline (grafts visible).  

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151121.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151122.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151123.jpg  forehead from side just to show the thickening process

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151125.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151126.jpg to show length
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151127.jpg


Last edited by cdto2012 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total

cdto2012

Posts : 603
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  piranha on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:50 am

cdto2012 wrote:Hello,   A productive day learning to use my samsung android camera. Learned to take off the auto focus,  no flash, macro focus mode, spot metering, and superfine image quality. Finally I think you will be able to see with focus what I have been seeing for hairs truly regrowing across my previously bald for years temples.
 Before the photo details, I want to express my recommendation that DT massagers avoid pinching the skin, especially if it is not so flexible.  My normal method of pressing hard and circles on the skull (not rubbing scalp surface); involved very little pinching. The reason for the elimination of pinching is that others have noticed crease wrinkles developing. I saw potential for such a crease myself, and see no real benefit to the pinching above the normal press and circles.
  If you have been waiting for the quality details of regrowth, I hope these will deliver. The time of treatment is one month and a week. I always wet or oil the area so the light catches the blond hairs and they stand up. You may notice a few hairs that have turned black already also.
  The context for the photos is that this is fresh regrowth  on my temple area. These hairs have established a growth rate and are longer every day. I am not bothering to show all the regrowth at border areas and back of my head, but they are all regrowing also. There are one or two forehead shots to show a some detail of the lengthening process far far from my receding hairline.  

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151121.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151122.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151123.jpg  forehead from side just to show the thickening process

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151125.jpg
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151126.jpg to show length
http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/35/15/42/20151127.jpg

Hi cdto, thnx for posting new pics things seem to be going pretty well for you and now that its 1 month+ how is your existing hair, can you say its thickenning and do you still lose hair?

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:00 am

Hi,  no  treatment shed and no current hairloss to report. All of my original hair and grafts feel healthier,thicker, and spikier.  To get this kind of regrowth speed perhaps it was the 13 day juice fast right before my  DT,  or maybe just the fresh blood from massage, and surely the hard press detox of the skin. The regrowth must have started the first week as I noticed it by the second week.  Of course treating for mites helped, but I guess the growth started before the tea tree oil had time to take effect.  
  I am not new to the hairloss run around. I am  amazed by the speed and simplicity of the treatment, I hope it can work for others.
  I will add to your question; I am 45 and have not experienced  much daily hairloss since I was like 35 .  If you are going through a fast hair loss shed, I would hope for a gradual reversal.  Really press until you can feel the sebum sticky gunk come out for the first few weeks is my best advice.
  Tonight is my weekly enzyme therapy, a must have for me.
  Also these hairs are mostly blonde and still nearly impossible to see in normal daylight. I have to wait until night and have the overhead light on.  Watching for progress is a bit of an art that I wrote another thread on a few weeks ago.
Now I really believe that in a relatively quick few months you can have many hairs growing at full diameter and full speed. As you can see in the side forehead picture a random hair that just came out full diameter, that is not a graft. With keeping up the intensity of the treatment I can hope for the hairs to grow in length and diameter each day until they are fully restored

cdto2012

Posts : 603
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:44 am

Hey I was just wondering, could vigorous DT be bad for the forehead skin, I notice that when I knead it pull up/back/around on the skin around my face too.

Or maybe that's GOOD for the forehead?  I heard of vigorous forehead massage...

Also cd, how long did you say you spent on DT?  I know you mentioned just until your veins bulge but could you give an estimate on how long that usually takes?

I'm giving my scalp a bit of a rest this week with a really hard knuckle circular massage, not much kneading.

johndoe1225

Posts : 978
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:14 am

Hi John D .. I thought of you when it came to pinching and wrinkles. I think for normal body skin massage and pinching is fine. The thick scalp skin seems to always crease in the same places for me.
   As for the forehead,  I like oil and to roll the sides of the bottle, a few circles, and mild pressing. I find this really tones and possibly is helping my wrinkles slowly. The temples get the full 2 handed pressure.  I am even massaging  my face and right under my eyes and seeing the dark circles lighten.
    I am still putting in the time to do the strong massage for 20-30 minutes three times a day. I dab some cinnamon oil (a few drops) across the entire scalp then get started. Since the soreness is minor, I really go inch by inch with 2 handed pressure across the top of my head and hairline. Press hard for 5 - 10 seconds , then move on.  It feels good and relaxing after you get used to it. I guess I will repost what I wrote recently about the importance of  the  strong pressure/ bruising /regeneration response.  I am hard pressing my scalp with the idea that I am close to needling it with mild internal bruises. After the skin becomes not sore and normal, then the same harsh treatment just becomes CPR to bulge the blood vessels and circulate the blood.
   From a thread that Caustic Symmetry posted the original study on regrowth.
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11684-the-effect-of-platelet-rich-plasma-in-hair-regrowth-a-randomized-placebo-controlled-trial

I wrote
To fill in the research on concentrated platelets and needling. Basically the body responds to injury of bruising with a concentration of blood platlet cells to heal the wound. Part of this healing process is to release growth factors that stimulate new cells to be made and direct available stem cells to strengthen the tissue and create new capillaries. Basically wounding stimulates regeneration of the tissue with new cells and blood flow capillaries.

"Although blood is mainly a liquid (called plasma), it also contains small solid components (red cells, white cells, and platelets.) The platelets are best known for their importance in clotting blood. However, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in the healing of injuries. "

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00648

"Platelet derived growth factors' main functions are to stimulate cell replication (mitogenesis) of healing capable stem cells and what are also called pre-mitotic partially differentiated osteoprogenitor cells which are also part of the connective tissue-bone healing cellular composite. It also stimulates cell replication of endothelial cells. This will cause budding of new capillaries into the wound (angiogenesis), a fundamental part of all wound healing. In addition, PDGF seems to promote the migration of perivascular healing capable cells into a wound and to modulate the effects of other growth factors. "

http://www.perfusion.com/cgi-bin/absolutenm/templates/articledisplay.asp?articleid=1678&#.VlNX83Ighb8

 I have personally found this to be useful for hair regrowth with needling. I also find that strong pressure massage also triggers the regeneration   response and regrows hair without concern that needles could further irritate or micro scar depleted skin. Also I find that the deep massage can reach much deeper subdermal layers for regeneration.

cdto2012

Posts : 603
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: detumescence really works.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum