Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Natural Hair Growth Products
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum

What is a good brand and place to buy Lugol's Solution? Experiences with Lugol's?

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is a good brand and place to buy Lugol's Solution? Experiences with Lugol's?

Post  Paradox on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 pm

I would like to order some, but there seems to be a handful of different brands and prices located at different sites. Some say "aquarium" on them. Is there a difference in quality between brands? Can someone suggest a good place and brand to get some?

Id be curious as to any personal experiences with lugol's or iodine supplementation that you may have as well.

Thanks

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is a good brand and place to buy Lugol's Solution? Experiences with Lugol's?

Post  nidhogge on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:05 pm

I believe IH said the aquarium one is fine to use. I take a tab of Iodoral in the AM and PM, and 5 drops of Nascent Iodine 1-3 times daily. Love my Iodine. Wink

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is a good brand and place to buy Lugol's Solution? Experiences with Lugol's?

Post  Paradox on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:13 pm

Do you have a good reliable source for those Nid? Why the two different kinds of iodine? Why do you love it lol? What does it do for you? Energy? Help with anxiety?

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 pm

it just occured to me that I can probably buy it today at a pet or aquarium store.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:48 am

There's a link on this page for Lugol's solution:

http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/physiology.htm

CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:17 am

Thanks IH. Would this iodine below be OK to consume? It is on sale for $6 for 16oz here! http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4680+4820&pcatid=4820
They also have it in 8oz at Petco.com for the same price. I have a feeling it may be a typo on the volume.

Kent Marine Concentrated Iodine

Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Potassium Iodide, Calcium Iodide, Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Tetraborate.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Iodine 22.5 mg/oz min.

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:22 am

That's a concentrate and with the other ingredients would not buy that one.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey JH--

Nascent Iodine is a huge energy booster and gets to your Thyroid in a whopping 10 minutes. Between this, the Liquid Zeolite, and my Terminator II, my bowel detoxes have been, well, pretty thorough. I just love to kill parasites. Wink

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Nid,

I love killing the little bastards too! I remember you mentioning Zeolite before and I read a little about it killing cancer cells earlier, but nothing that hooked me. You seem pretty enthusiastic about it. Do you have any articles on it? Is it something that you take cyclically or indefinitely?

I just googled nascent iodine and the first place selling it I clicked on was $36 for an ounce. That is twice as much as lugol's! BTW- They have a 2% and 5% lugol's solution and so I got the 5% (I'm an American who knows that bigger is better Smile ). Why are they both the same price? Obviously there is an advantage to the 2% as you have better dose control. I didn't see instructions on line...Is there a formula that you know of for converting lugol's to mg of iodine? IH- if you are reading this?

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:20 pm

I believe the 5% is the way to go with Lugol's.

Nascent is expensive, but lasts a long time too! Few months I'd say. Very powerful stuff.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Also, I don't have any Zeolite materials on-hand, but have read a good deal about it in the past. Waiora has the best brand of it. It's something that can be taken indefinitely, and is actually recommended!

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:32 am

How about this one I just picked up on iherb?

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=4785&at=0

johnt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:29 am

Johnt - I got some of that stuff, Iosol, it's decent. It's not as potent as Lugol's which contains both Iodine and iodide, but it's still good.

JHarsh80 - 5% Lugol's solution is 12.5 milligrams per two drops.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks IH, I think I should of bought the 2% now. I don't want to be taking much more than 1 drop a day (6.25mg) then right?

Paradox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:25 pm

Two drops of the 5% a day is 12.5mg. You can take 100mg with no problems a day. In fact, if you're fighting Candida, more than 12.5mg is recommended.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum