Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Paradox on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:37 am

I'm curious what CS or others speculate the effects of cannabidiol (cbd) on hair growth to be?  Looking at the studies, it seems like it would be pretty beneficial.

Cannabidiol has many medicinal uses. If you check out http://www.projectcbd.org/, there's a list of conditions with links to studies.

Some worth noting (some mention hair growth specifically):

SKIN


Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19608284

Endocannabinoids enhance lipid synthesis and apoptosis of human sebocytes via cannabinoid receptor-2-mediated signaling.

Endocannabinoid signaling and epidermal differentiation

Here's the list of conditions you'll see on the right.

Conditions

   General
   Acne
   ADD/ADHD
   Addiction
   AIDS
   ALS
   Alzheimer’s
   Anorexia
   Antibiotic resistance
   Anxiety
   Atherosclerosis
   Arthritis
   Asthma
   Autism
   Bipolar
   Cancer
   Colitis/Crohn’s
   Depression
   Diabetes
   Endocrine disorders
   Epilepsy/seizure
   Fibromyalgia
   Glaucoma
   Heart disease
   Huntington’s
   Inflammation
   Irritable bowel
   Kidney disease
   Liver disease
   Metabolic syndrome
   Migraine
   Mood disorders
   Motion sickness
   Multiple sclerosis
   Nausea
   Neurodegeneration
   Neuropathic pain
   Obesity
   OCD
   Osteoporosis
   Parkinson’s
   Prion/Mad Cow disease
   PTSD
   Rheumatism
   Schizophrenia
   Sickle cell anemia
   Skin conditions
   Sleep disorders
   Spinal cord injury
   Stress
   Stroke/TBI

Paradox

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  NYJets on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:38 am

You won't read much about it on this forum. You are on the right track, keep going.
avatar
NYJets

Posts : 459
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:19 am

I think it could really work for anti inflammatory

how would you acquire it though

iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  NYJets on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:15 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I think it could really work for anti inflammatory

how would you acquire it though

You can grow certain strains for certain cannabinoids and ailments. Strains such as AC/DC, Charlotte's Web and some cuts of Cannatonic will produce a CBD rich flower that contains virtually no THC (used in children for dravet's syndrome-severe epilepsy/autism etc). People seem to be forgetting about THC with CBD being the new fad, it's important we remember that THC is the cancer killer and CBD is known for relieving inflammation, pain and shrinking tumors among a laundry list of of other therapeutic uses. If treating cancer, high THC strains is a must. Once you grow it, you can make the oil. It's a healing oil.

The only downside (not really, depending on who you ask) is the euphoria associated with ingesting a high THC cannabis oil. I think I've found a very clever way around that but will have to wait to experiment some before I make a write up detailing how to send the cannabis oil straight to the CB1 receptor, bypassing the CB2 receptor (no euphoria-a healthy well being feeling instead) while still benefitting from the oil. This could be a break through revelation and a god send for people on this forum such as myself and everywhere else that are suffering with chronic conditions that the doctors prey on for profits.
avatar
NYJets

Posts : 459
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm

That would be impossible to do in the UK, legally.

However certain parts of the USA it would be better to try this.

iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Paradox on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm

CBD actually does have cancer fighting abilities itself. If you clink on the "Cancer" link on projectcbd.org, you'll find this list of active links:

General

Cannabidiol as potential anticancer drug (PubMed)
Cannabidiol inhibits angiogenesis by multiple mechanisms (PubMed)
The inhibitory effects of cannabidiol on systemic malignant tumors (PubMed)
Cannabidiol inhibits cancer cell invasion via upregulation of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases-1 (PubMed)
Marijuana fights cancer and helps manage side effects (Daily Beast)

Lung

Cannabidiol inhibits lung cancer cell invasion and metastasis via intercellular adhesion molecule-1C (PubMed)
COX-2 and PPAR-γ confer cannabidiol-induced apoptosis of human lung cancer cells (PubMed)
Decrease of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 may contribute to the anti-invasive action of cannabidiol on human lung cancer cells (PubMed)
Media ignored expert’s shocking findings that marijuana helps prevent lung cancer (O’Shaughnessy’s)

Prostate / Colon

Towards the use of non-psychoactive cannabinoids for prostate cancer (PubMed)
In Vitro Anticancer Activity of Plant-Derived Cannabidiol on Prostate Cancer Cell Lines (Scirp.org)
Induction of apoptosis by cannabinoids in prostate and colon cancer cells is phosphatase dependent (PubMed)
Chemopreventive effect of the non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid cannabidiol on experimental colon cancer (PubMed)
Inhibition of colon carcinogenesis by a standardized Cannabis sativa extract with high content of cannabidiol (PubMed)

Breast

Antitumor activity of plant cannabinoids with emphasis on the effect of cannabidiol on human breast carcinoma (PubMed)
Cannabidiol induces programmed cell death in breast cancer cells by coordinating the cross-talk between apoptosis and autophagy (PubMed)
Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis (PubMed)
Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells (PubMed)
Cannabidiolic acid, a major cannabinoid in fiber-type cannabis, is an inhibitor of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell migration (PubMed)

Glioblastoma / Brain

Cannabidiol enhances the inhibitory effects of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on human glioblastoma cell proliferation and survival (PubMed)
Antitumor effects of cannabidiol, a nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, on human glioma cell lines (PubMed)
Systematic review of the literature on clinical and experimental trials on the antitumor effects of cannabinoids in gliomas (PubMed)
Cannabidiol inhibits human glioma cell migration through a cannabinoid receptor-independent mechanism (PubMed)
Id-1 is a key transcriptional regulator of glioblastoma aggressiveness and a novel therapeutic target (PubMed)
Triggering of the TRPV2 channel by cannabidiol sensitizes glioblastoma cells to cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agents (PubMed)
Cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive cannabinoid compound, inhibits proliferation and invasion in U87-MG and T98G glioma cells through a multitarget effect (PubMed)
Local delivery of cannabinoid-loaded microparticles inhibits tumor growth in a murine xenograft model of glioblastoma multiforme (PubMed)

Leukemia

Cannabidiol-induced apoptosis in human leukemia cells: A novel role of cannabidiol in the regulation of p22phox and Nox4 expres​sion(PubMed)
Cannabidiol-Induced Apoptosis in Human Leukemia Cells (PubMed)

Skin

Anticancer activity of anandamide in human cutaneous melanoma cells (PubMed)

Kaposi Sarcoma

Cannabidiol inhibits growth and induces programmed cell death in kaposi sarcoma-associated herpes virus-infected endothelium (PubMed)

Endocrine

Endocannabinoids in endocrine and related tumours (PubMed)
A comparative study on cannabidiol-induced apoptosis in murine thymocytes and EL-4 thymoma cells (PubMed)

Bladder

TRPV2 activation induces apoptotic cell death in human T24 bladder cancer cells: a potential therapeutic target for bladder cancer (PubMed)

Pain

Multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of THC:CBD extract and THC extract in patients with intractable cancer-related pain (PubMed)
Nabiximols for opioid-treated cancer patients with poorly-controlled chronic pain: a randomized, placebo-controlled, graded-dose trial (PubMed)
Marijuana extract helps prevent chemo pain (UPI)

Paradox

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Paradox on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:02 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:That would be impossible to do in the UK, legally.

However certain parts of the USA it would be better to try this.

True, it's not an option for most. I live in CA and have a medical card. I have access to the high cbd strains like ac/dc and have been vaping them. I recently stopped because even vaporizing was irritating my throat (ex-smoker). Infused (coconut) oil is easy to make so I just made a batch. I'm wondering if cbd needs to be used topically for hair loss purposes though? CBD is also a immunosupressant, so I don't know if chronic daily systemic use is a good thing necessarily. It probably isn't strong enough to have negative effects but that's speculation. I don't think they have long term studies on cdb only. At least not that I know of. I could try rubbing some on my head, but I'd like a more scientific backing for it. That's why I'm hoping CS or someone else who's very knowledgeable on the intricate mechanisms of hair loss/growth will chime in with their 2 cents.

Paradox

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  shaftless on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:37 pm

I'd chime in with my two cents but we don't have pennies anymore in canada, ar ar ar. Anyway, there is a cbd chewing gum product that you can order. It's called canchew and supposedly has a decent amount of cannabidiol in it. Helps with anxiety so they say. I wonder if you could boil or extract the cbd with alcohol from it and make your own hair tonic. There might be a cannabidiol tincture from the same company as well but I'm not really sure of that.

shaftless

Posts : 452
Join date : 2012-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  NYJets on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:41 pm

Yes Paradox, I never wrote CBD didn't have cancer fighting properties.

I wrote when treating cancer, THC needs to be involved (and not for euphoria, hunger or anti-nausea effects) for cancer killing.

Also, anyone reading this-do not waste your money/time/health on any CBD tincture products from amazon or the like that are made from the industrial hemp plant(federally legal-surprised?). These crops are laden with pesticides, heavy metals, unsafe fertilizers and are typically grown in china. The CBD tincture companies are making an exorbitant profit from the sale of this snake oil which contains a very low percentage of CBD.

When comparing CBD from flower vs hemp it is a night and day comparison. CBD rich flower extracts blow hemp CBD away from a medical and efficacy perspective.

edit-Paradox please don't claim CBD cures cancer on forums. That has not been the case in a "clinical" setting yet. Remember, researchers (scientists) come to different conclusions than clinicians do and CBD (only) concentrates have not been widely used or accepted yet for fighting cancer in healing circles, whereas many late stage go home and die patients have fully recovered with THC oil.
avatar
NYJets

Posts : 459
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  NYJets on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Paradox wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:That would be impossible to do in the UK, legally.

However certain parts of the USA it would be better to try this.

True, it's not an option for most. I live in CA and have a medical card. I have access to the high cbd strains like ac/dc and have been vaping them. I recently stopped because even vaporizing was irritating my throat (ex-smoker). Infused (coconut) oil is easy to make so I just made a batch. I'm wondering if cbd needs to be used topically for hair loss purposes though? CBD is also a immunosupressant, so I don't know if chronic daily systemic use is a good thing necessarily. It probably isn't strong enough to have negative effects but that's speculation. I don't think they have long term studies on cdb only. At least not that I know of. I could try rubbing some on my head, but I'd like a more scientific backing for it. That's why I'm hoping CS or someone else who's very knowledgeable on the intricate mechanisms of hair loss/growth will chime in with their 2 cents.

I'm learning there is no science in anything that works really. We are the scientists on this forum since the paid ones have their own agenda. If you'd like to experience hair growth or make an attempt to using cannabis oil I'd combine a high thc and high cbd flower and make an extract like RSO. Add some grapeseed or maybe EVCO to the cannabis oil after warming it a bit then apply to affected area.
avatar
NYJets

Posts : 459
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Paradox on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 pm

NY,

Yes Paradox, I never wrote CBD didn't have cancer fighting properties. wrote:

My bad, guess I misread this:
it's important we remember that THC is the cancer killer and CBD is known for relieving inflammation wrote:

edit-Paradox please don't claim CBD cures cancer on forums. wrote:
Don't worry I would never claim that. I listed the studies that are cited on a cbd.org. You can read them there if you want. I started the thread for hair loss purposes not cancer; you brought up cancer and emphasized thc for some reason. THC is not the topic of this thread but I appreciate your input.

Paradox

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Paradox on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:18 pm

NYJets wrote:

Also, anyone reading this-do not waste your money/time/health on any CBD tincture products from amazon or the like that are made from the industrial hemp plant(federally legal-surprised?). These crops are laden with pesticides, heavy metals, unsafe fertilizers and are typically grown in china. The CBD tincture companies are making an exorbitant profit from the sale of this snake oil which contains a very low percentage of CBD.

When comparing CBD from flower vs hemp it is a night and day comparison. CBD rich flower extracts blow hemp CBD away from a medical and efficacy perspective.


Definitely agree with this!

Paradox

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  sanderson on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Does cannabis oil cure cancer? Yes, it does. Honestly, it actually does. However, everything good has bad things about it. This stuff changes your brain chemistry. You are releasing LOTS of dopamine into your brain by taking marijuana based products. Especially the amounts necessary to cure diseases. Lots of dopamine is NOT GOOD. IF you are in a desperate situation, then yes, it would work.

However, I don't think it is worth it to take it unless you really have to. At least, do not take a lot of it. Seriously, it is not really good for your brain.
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Growdamnit on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Where are the articles and studies that state marijuana is not good for an adult brain?

Growdamnit

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  NYJets on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Paradox wrote:NY,



My bad, guess I misread this:


Don't worry I would never claim that. I listed the studies that are cited on a cbd.org. You can read them there if you want. I started the thread for hair loss purposes not cancer; you brought up cancer and emphasized thc for some reason. THC is not the topic of this thread but I appreciate your input.

No worries. You're right, I did bring up cancer. I brought it up because I have a lot of respect for IH's knowledge and a lot of what he has preached has proven absolutely true in my experience. CS has stated multiple times, HL is very much like treating cancer! You brought up hairloss and CBD. I'm only trying to help, even though it might not seem that way.  

Didn't mean to come off as snide or rude, it's just that many cancer patients are now trying to cure themselves as they've been told to go home and die after spending their life savings on medical treatment to only worsen health. I know IH forum pulls up on Google very well. I'd hate for a cancer patient to read that and think they could forget about the THC. That could be the difference between life and death.

About the studies, I've already read them. I will say that CBD is absolutely amazing in so many ways. I'm a big huge fan, BUT IT DOES NOT CURE CANCER for all intents and purposes! It does magic for pain and inflammation, shrinking tumors (inflammation) and reducing the size of cancer cells but its THC that kills the cancer cell. Also THC is what repairs glands, organs etc.

long story short..if your looking to attack HL using cannabis do not forget the cannabinoid that repairs organs and kills cancer cells...THC. They have a synergistic effect.

avatar
NYJets

Posts : 459
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  NYJets on Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:43 pm

sanderson wrote:Does cannabis oil cure cancer? Yes, it does. Honestly, it actually does. However, everything good has bad things about it. This stuff changes your brain chemistry. You are releasing LOTS of dopamine into your brain by taking marijuana based products. Especially the amounts necessary to cure diseases. Lots of dopamine is NOT GOOD. IF you are in a desperate situation, then yes, it would work.

However, I don't think it is worth it to take it unless you really have to. At least, do not take a lot of it. Seriously, it is not really good for your brain.

Please don't spread misinformation. Thanks.
avatar
NYJets

Posts : 459
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Paradox on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:45 pm

NYJets wrote:
Paradox wrote:NY,



My bad, guess I misread this:


Don't worry I would never claim that. I listed the studies that are cited on a cbd.org. You can read them there if you want. I started the thread for hair loss purposes not cancer; you brought up cancer and emphasized thc for some reason. THC is not the topic of this thread but I appreciate your input.

No worries. You're right, I did bring up cancer. I brought it up because I have a lot of respect for IH's knowledge and a lot of what he has preached has proven absolutely true in my experience. CS has stated multiple times, HL is very much like treating cancer! You brought up hairloss and CBD. I'm only trying to help, even though it might not seem that way.  

Didn't mean to come off as snide or rude, it's just that many cancer patients are now trying to cure themselves as they've been told to go home and die after spending their life savings on medical treatment to only worsen health. I know IH forum pulls up on Google very well. I'd hate for a cancer patient to read that and think they could forget about the THC. That could be the difference between life and death.

About the studies, I've already read them. I will say that CBD is absolutely amazing in so many ways. I'm a big huge fan, BUT IT DOES NOT CURE CANCER for all intents and purposes! It does magic for pain and inflammation, shrinking tumors (inflammation) and reducing the size of cancer cells but its THC that kills the cancer cell. Also THC is what repairs glands, organs etc.

long story short..if your looking to attack HL using cannabis do not forget the cannabinoid that repairs organs and kills cancer cells...THC. They have a synergistic effect.


I gotcha...no problem. I agree about THC being important as well. I have read that cannabis grows with a 1:1 ratio naturally although I haven't fact checked this. I guess it was the word "fad" I think you used about CBD that got me defensive. Also I think the word "cure" is dangerous to throw around (that's why I don't use it). "Cure" isn't very scientific either in my opinion. "Kill cancer" is not scientifically worded either but it's more accurate as there are quite a few things that do just that. CS has mentioned some in the past. To be honest my understanding of cancer is limited. I've read different things by CS as far as cancer being essentially candida yeast, etc. I have never looked into it much to be honest, but statements like that startle me at first. That's interesting that he's compared AGA to cancer; I hadn't read that as far as I remember. I haven't been on this forum in ages but I do remember him likening it to PCOS. An acquaintance's father was just "given" 5 years to live because he has some type of cancer that has spread through his body. He is going to do proton therapy I think. I would never suggest to him that he consume cannabis and his cancer would be "cured". Maybe others would. I think that's dangerous.  

I wish THC didn't make me paranoid and mildly psychotic but it does, and even small amounts in high CBD strains like harlequin (15% or less) can do it. Of course it depends on amount used, setting, etc. CBD is amazing and has none of those effects. People use euphoria to describe thc a lot. I can see how one would feel euphoric if the paranoid, super-introspective, self-analytical/critical aspect were absent. Edit: I should say that THC exaggerates those preexisting thought patterns in me. It makes all sensory input basically equally important so the mind doesn't dismiss irrational or overly self-critical thoughts as it normally would. It "takes them more seriously" so to speak.

CBD while much different than THC, IS actually psychotropic in the sense it is mood altering and definitely noticeable in higher amounts. It produces a relaxed, zoned out feeling, and despite what many claim...it IS mildly cognitively impairing (e.g. I wouldn't do high level math on high amounts). For everyday functioning it is fine though.

I hate main stream cancer treatment (poison- chemical/radiation) and I'm with you 100% on the capitalistic greed that's behind it. I think it's disgusting. I 100% cannot honestly say that I would never consider any of it, were I diagnosed with some forms of cancer though. I just don't know. That would have to be a tough decision. Definitely no chemo though...no shotgun approaches like that. I haven't looked into the newer stuff like proton therapy which claims to be much more targeted than traditional radiation therapy.

Paradox

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2008-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:06 am

Actually you can buy it in the UK

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/217864955/10ml-cbd-oil-ultra-high-concentrated?ref=related-1

So, would it work topically ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  teacup on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:44 am

Guys, CBD does "not" alter brain chemistry and has no psychoactive effects at all.

Read more on CBD (cannabidiol) and CBD rich Hemp oil here http://www.hempoilfacts.com/

It is also legal in all 50 states.. when it is from industrial hemp.

avatar
teacup

Posts : 961
Join date : 2010-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  bocor on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:42 am

I have access to dispensary here in la I use Cannatonic strain nightly it's great to relax with helps deep sleep and sex drive is enhanced when I smoke it paradox mentioned coconut oil? I would be interested in finding out how to make an extract from the herb so I don't have to smoke all the time

bocor

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  sanderson on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:01 pm

NYJets wrote:
sanderson wrote:Does cannabis oil cure cancer? Yes, it does. Honestly, it actually does. However, everything good has bad things about it. This stuff changes your brain chemistry. You are releasing LOTS of dopamine into your brain by taking marijuana based products. Especially the amounts necessary to cure diseases. Lots of dopamine is NOT GOOD. IF you are in a desperate situation, then yes, it would work.

However, I don't think it is worth it to take it unless you really have to. At least, do not take a lot of it. Seriously, it is not really good for your brain.

Please don't spread misinformation. Thanks.

Hit up somewhere it's legal and try it.. I think you might have a different opinion once you see how intense it is. It is very, VERY potent and very, VERY concentrated.
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Effects of Cannabidiol on hair growth?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum