Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  bov51 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:48 pm

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
fghjfghj wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:Absolutely not.

What makes you so sure? What science? Or is it just your "feeling"?

Jsus. I wonder sometimes how one can post such absolute statements without any evidence and any arguments...


I'll quote myself form another thread:

fghjfghj wrote:
mistermr wrote:Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Mistermister,

I see, that there is still a lack of understanding, what the sientifical background of DT is - Or what we think the background is (as we don't know for sure, what exactly works)
Therefore Sizzlinhgairs question is absolutely justified!

As I understand DT, there are two ways, why it could be working:

1) Destroy fibrosis, calcification, increase bloodflow, soften the tissue, lymph drainage, reduce chronic inflammation
> in this case an anti inflammatory schould be usefull.

2) Release growth factors (through acute inflammation), induce angiogenesis (through hurtening of small blood capillaries etc)
> in this case an anti inflammatory is counter-productive as an acute inflammation is a needed process in wound healing

So the question should be discussed here - as I also don't have a good answer to that. There is tons of material in the Dermarolling threads about when using anti inflammantory after wounding or a growth-factor booster.
But our regimen is on a daily basis - so we can't use some topicals 8 days after "wounding" for example...

As I had a strong exzema and therefore have the feeling, that my scalp is often inflamed, I tend to 1) as my main Problem - and take the 2) advantages more as a positive side-effect.
Therefore I take curcumin and sometimes even put a bit on my scalp in a cream - although I know, that it is a strong anti-inflammantory and anti-angiogenesis! But as I mentioned. I do it only sometimes and not on a regularly basis! As I hope that my body will find the right balance on its own.

I'm NW2 - if I would be a diffuse thinner or had a bald scalp I would probably be more afraid of the lack of blood vessels. So probably I would tend to 2) as the issue to primeraly work on.


But to be honest - I don't know. This all is just guessing on the scientifical background we have.
I'm very curious, what others say.

I'm growing all my hair back. There's my feeling. I know what's working. Don't ask if you don't want an answer. And don't ask questions if you only accept scientific research? I gave you my answer

so you have a fulll head of hair now?

bov51

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Slimnuts on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Growdamnit wrote:If I am doing DT properly with a great diet, how in the hell is my hair miniaturizing (which is a bad sign) then?

It didn't seem to work for me either, but in your case I would guess because you were only pressing which can't have done much at all really.

Slimnuts

Posts : 146
Join date : 2014-03-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  hiilikeyourbeard on Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 pm

boogv510 wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
fghjfghj wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:Absolutely not.

What makes you so sure? What science? Or is it just your "feeling"?

Jsus. I wonder sometimes how one can post such absolute statements without any evidence and any arguments...


I'll quote myself form another thread:

fghjfghj wrote:
mistermr wrote:Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Mistermister,

I see, that there is still a lack of understanding, what the sientifical background of DT is - Or what we think the background is (as we don't know for sure, what exactly works)
Therefore Sizzlinhgairs question is absolutely justified!

As I understand DT, there are two ways, why it could be working:

1) Destroy fibrosis, calcification, increase bloodflow, soften the tissue, lymph drainage, reduce chronic inflammation
> in this case an anti inflammatory schould be usefull.

2) Release growth factors (through acute inflammation), induce angiogenesis (through hurtening of small blood capillaries etc)
> in this case an anti inflammatory is counter-productive as an acute inflammation is a needed process in wound healing

So the question should be discussed here - as I also don't have a good answer to that. There is tons of material in the Dermarolling threads about when using anti inflammantory after wounding or a growth-factor booster.
But our regimen is on a daily basis - so we can't use some topicals 8 days after "wounding" for example...

As I had a strong exzema and therefore have the feeling, that my scalp is often inflamed, I tend to 1) as my main Problem - and take the 2) advantages more as a positive side-effect.
Therefore I take curcumin and sometimes even put a bit on my scalp in a cream - although I know, that it is a strong anti-inflammantory and anti-angiogenesis! But as I mentioned. I do it only sometimes and not on a regularly basis! As I hope that my body will find the right balance on its own.

I'm NW2 - if I would be a diffuse thinner or had a bald scalp I would probably be more afraid of the lack of blood vessels. So probably I would tend to 2) as the issue to primeraly work on.


But to be honest - I don't know. This all is just guessing on the scientifical background we have.
I'm very curious, what others say.

I'm growing all my hair back. There's my feeling. I know what's working. Don't ask if you don't want an answer. And don't ask questions if you only accept scientific research? I gave you my answer

so you have a fulll head of hair now?

Read my message again. I said I'm GROWING it back. If I had a full head of hair I wouldn't be doing that now would I? My hair gets better and better every week so I dunno what else to tell ya! Smile
avatar
hiilikeyourbeard

Posts : 657
Join date : 2013-10-24
Age : 30
Location : montana, usa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:08 am

@biffy, it's not my intention to scare people shitless, I'm simply putting information out there that people need to take into account. The fact is, pressure ulcers and pressure alopecia are formed via the same processes: deep tissue trauma caused by mechanical loading and shearing. Strong pressure combined with back and forth movement of tissue against the bony prominences of the skull is what causes pressure ulcer / pressure alopecia to arise.

The situation is simply this: most of my scalp does not suffer inflammation, yet the hair grows without problem. The areas previously prone to inflammation did lose hair (the temples). The fellas who are manually inducing inflammation are also receding much worse than ever. I honestly don't care what is being uttered regarding inflammation promoting growth factors; in terms of hairloss we know inflammation precedes it, so why make yourself bald when you are attempting to achieve the opposite? People like Complexx are also saying that acute, as opposed to chronic, inflammation is what needs to be induced, but if you are persistently irritating the tissue, then I'm afraid that it is going to be in a persistent aka chronic state of inflammation.

BTW my temples were never chronically inflamed, rather regular acute episodes of inflammation, yet the hair still balded out. IMO inflammation needs to be eradicated in order for follicles to 're-enter' the anagen phase. This is how I believe alopecia areata sufferers are able - on occasion - to regrow their hair.

Edited: again if fibrosis was such a factor, then areata sufferers would have no chance of regrowing their hair, but they do, even though the follicles were under constant auto-immune attack. This alone proves that follicles can regenerate if the inflammatory disorder is healed.
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1536
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 am

Edited. here is some information on the OMICS website in which the DT study was submitted to:

"OMICS Publishing Group is a predatory publisher of open access journals in a number of academic fields. It is part of the OMICS Group, based in Hyderabad, India.[1][2] It issued its first publication in 2008.[3] According to a 2012 article in The Chronicle about 60 percent of the group's 200 journals have never actually published anything.[4]

Some academics and the United States government, have questioned the validity of peer review by OMICS journals, the appropriateness of author fees and marketing, and the apparent advertising of the names of scientists as journal editors or conference speakers without their knowledge or permission.[5][6][2][7][8] As a result, the U.S. National Institutes of Health does not accept OMICS publications for listing in PubMed Central and sent a cease-and-desist letter to OMICS in 2013, demanding that OMICS discontinue false claims of affiliation with U.S. government entities or employees.[7] OMICS has responded to criticisms by avowing a commitment to open access publishing and threatening a prominent critic with a US$1 billion lawsuit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMICS_Publishing_Group
http://academic-spam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/fake-conferences-omics-fake-conferences.html
http://krgnomehydbad.blogspot.co.uk/
https://thescienceweb.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/omics-group-to-start-selling-v-i-g-r-a/
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1536
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  fghjfghj on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:55 am

Xenon,

1) do you take in account, that there is an enormous difference between chronic inflammation (e.g. bedridden patients) and a smal short acute inflammation, that heales imediately and helps to avoid chronic inflammation?
I read your posts and somehow it seems to me, that you are ignoring this fact.

2) And yes - the DT study doesnt seem to be trustworthy (ridiculous images, language as "grease", etc). I think most of us know. And I doubt, that one should follow the study exactly as it is described there. But nevertheless we are discussing here VERY proven scientific ideas as Mesotherapy and deep tissue massage. This is real. The only question is: Did we find the right method, and does this method work. There is in my opinion no doubt about the fact, that deep tissue massage helps to avoid chronic inflammation. But how much pressure is good?

> And here raises again the main problem with DT. We all see that our is skin is hardly kneatable (which in my Opinion is an indication, that the skin is not healthy, not enough bloodflow, lymph drainage etc). So we have to use more pressure than we want to make it kneatable agaon - and then finaly we can massage and keep our skin healthy withput much force...

I'm still can't pinch my skin with one hand on the very top of my head. But I'm making my way up. The longer i massage, the less my scalp is swallen, and now I feel the creases where i couldn't kneat my scalp...


fghjfghj

Posts : 43
Join date : 2014-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  stanis on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:57 am

There seems to be a lot of paranoia lately. Xenon, if ulcers were such a big problem and trheat from this (btw I think you're wrong), think about it, if you don't get ulcers from sleeping on one side of the head aka heavy deep tissue pressing which is chronic for 8 hours every single day, how can you get it from massaging your head for 10-20 mins a day in 1 or 2 sessions?

I absolutely can't see any reason or evidence behind this statement. Try it. When you wake up, your scalp will be tight and hard all around. Try loosening it up and massaging it, you revert it back to loose and "natural". So much for ulcers right there. It's also the point of "let your scalp rest". I think you have a wrong idea of what DT is supposed to be. It's not nearly as life threatning as you seem to want make it look. Thanks for posting the warnings, but I guess you should kind of stop... you made your point, multiple times, I think others will agree too, don't worry, your posts haven't went unread.


Also, your comments about Growdawmit etc.. Don't you think if he started balding and receding, that would happen anyway lol? How can you even blame the DT for this, the man is receding in his 20s, nothing unusual there.

We need to start making clear distinguishments between everything from now on, or this thread makes no sense anymore and everybode for themselves is I guess the way to go.



stanis

Posts : 37
Join date : 2014-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  sizzlinghairs on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 am

Xenon wrote:Edited. here is some information on the OMICS website in which the DT study was submitted to:

"OMICS Publishing Group is a predatory publisher of open access journals in a number of academic fields. It is part of the OMICS Group, based in Hyderabad, India.[1][2] It issued its first publication in 2008.[3] According to a 2012 article in The Chronicle about 60 percent of the group's 200 journals have never actually published anything.[4]

Some academics and the United States government, have questioned the validity of peer review by OMICS journals, the appropriateness of author fees and marketing, and the apparent advertising of the names of scientists as journal editors or conference speakers without their knowledge or permission.[5][6][2][7][8] As a result, the U.S. National Institutes of Health does not accept OMICS publications for listing in PubMed Central and sent a cease-and-desist letter to OMICS in 2013, demanding that OMICS discontinue false claims of affiliation with U.S. government entities or employees.[7] OMICS has responded to criticisms by avowing a commitment to open access publishing and threatening a prominent critic with a US$1 billion lawsuit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMICS_Publishing_Group
http://academic-spam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/fake-conferences-omics-fake-conferences.html
http://krgnomehydbad.blogspot.co.uk/
https://thescienceweb.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/omics-group-to-start-selling-v-i-g-r-a/

I don't deny there are shady things about omics. My main question is though, how would they be making any significant money from having it posted? There are no products involved, just massage.. Please help me understand where the profit would
Come from, just having your name on the article and promoting yourself ??

sizzlinghairs

Posts : 773
Join date : 2011-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  stanis on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:19 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Please help me understand where the profit would
Come from, just having your name on the article and promoting yourself ??

Well, dr. Choy is nowhere to be seen, so much about making a name for yourself. You can't sell something as free massage or your own hands so I guess no companies were interested in his work. I wonder what would happen if someone who knew Chinese called him on the cellphone number in the study and asked him about the study. Does anyone know Chinese in here?

stanis

Posts : 37
Join date : 2014-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:48 am

OK guys, here's the thing; you know that I noticed a correlation between pillow compression . chafing and inflammation specifically within the temples, YET when compression is combined with to and fro movement of the scalp, shearing results. Compression and shearing are the combined forces necessary to bring about deep tissue damage and also ulceration. This is precisely what is happening when soft tissue is kneaded firmly and consistently against bony prominences. These are the exact forces generated by DT. The therapy might be somewhat effective in areas where there is sufficient subcutaneous tissue and underlying musculature (because they provide cushioning and thus alleviate compression to and shearing). This is the fundamental difference.

RE: growdamnit; he is not the only one who has experienced *accelerated* inflammation and shedding from this method. This is happening precisely because of what i mentioned regarding compression and shearing. This is not coincidence. If the therapy really worked, then the reverse would be occurring, but it simply isn't.

RE: "Dr" Henry Choy; is he even a qualified medical professional? Does he even exist? I see no references to his medical background on OMICS - just Henry Choy of the Hong Kong University. That could literally mean anything... he could be a graphics student for all we know (that's if he is even a real entity) . Someone emailed me to tell me that they attempted to contact him via email, but received no reply... yet.

As for products being plugged in association with DT, so far I see bian stones and also this: http://www.stimulax.es/ But it matters not anyway, there could be a syndicate of scammers who are making up / submitting multiple bogus theories, generating a buzz around them in order to sell products. If you think I'm paranoid to suggest that scamming syndicates don't exist on the internet and operate exclusively to make money, then I have a shitload of sand that Arabs might be interested in buying.
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1536
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  bov51 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:52 am

hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
boogv510 wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:
fghjfghj wrote:
hiilikeyourbeard wrote:Absolutely not.

What makes you so sure? What science? Or is it just your "feeling"?

Jsus. I wonder sometimes how one can post such absolute statements without any evidence and any arguments...


I'll quote myself form another thread:

fghjfghj wrote:
mistermr wrote:Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?

Mistermister,

I see, that there is still a lack of understanding, what the sientifical background of DT is - Or what we think the background is (as we don't know for sure, what exactly works)
Therefore Sizzlinhgairs question is absolutely justified!

As I understand DT, there are two ways, why it could be working:

1) Destroy fibrosis, calcification, increase bloodflow, soften the tissue, lymph drainage, reduce chronic inflammation
> in this case an anti inflammatory schould be usefull.

2) Release growth factors (through acute inflammation), induce angiogenesis (through hurtening of small blood capillaries etc)
> in this case an anti inflammatory is counter-productive as an acute inflammation is a needed process in wound healing

So the question should be discussed here - as I also don't have a good answer to that. There is tons of material in the Dermarolling threads about when using anti inflammantory after wounding or a growth-factor booster.
But our regimen is on a daily basis - so we can't use some topicals 8 days after "wounding" for example...

As I had a strong exzema and therefore have the feeling, that my scalp is often inflamed, I tend to 1) as my main Problem - and take the 2) advantages more as a positive side-effect.
Therefore I take curcumin and sometimes even put a bit on my scalp in a cream - although I know, that it is a strong anti-inflammantory and anti-angiogenesis! But as I mentioned. I do it only sometimes and not on a regularly basis! As I hope that my body will find the right balance on its own.

I'm NW2 - if I would be a diffuse thinner or had a bald scalp I would probably be more afraid of the lack of blood vessels. So probably I would tend to 2) as the issue to primeraly work on.


But to be honest - I don't know. This all is just guessing on the scientifical background we have.
I'm very curious, what others say.

I'm growing all my hair back. There's my feeling. I know what's working. Don't ask if you don't want an answer. And don't ask questions if you only accept scientific research? I gave you my answer

so you have a fulll head of hair now?

Read my message again. I said I'm GROWING it back. If I had a full head of hair I wouldn't be doing that now would I? My hair gets better and better every week so I dunno what else to tell ya! Smile

First off, u said you were getting regrowth prior to doing dt, so its hard to take you seriously. I wouldn't be surprise your hairs are actually miniaturizing, making it seem like u are getting regrowth, I can't fault you for that because Ive been fighting hair loss for a long time and I still get fk over by that. What nw are you?


Anyone remember the pappilla method? A lot of people that were doing it for the longest time, was not seeing any regrowth except for one gentleman that goes by the name duel_black, he really thought he was seeing regrowth by if you saw his before and after picture, there's not much progress.
Before


After


The only one posting regrowth are new users, people that has been here prior to dt are seeing nothing but shed.


Last edited by boogv510 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 am; edited 2 times in total

bov51

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  OpenBook on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:54 am

stanis wrote:There seems to be a lot of paranoia lately. Xenon, if ulcers were such a big problem and trheat from this (btw I think you're wrong), think about it, if you don't get ulcers from sleeping on one side of the head aka heavy deep tissue pressing which is chronic for 8 hours every single day, how can you get it from massaging your head for 10-20 mins a day in 1 or 2 sessions?

I absolutely can't see any reason or evidence behind this statement. Try it. When you wake up, your scalp will be tight and hard all around. Try loosening it up and massaging it, you revert it back to loose and "natural". So much for ulcers right there. It's also the point of "let your scalp rest". I think you have a wrong idea of what DT is supposed to be. It's not nearly as life threatning as you seem to want make it look. Thanks for posting the warnings, but I guess you should kind of stop... you made your point, multiple times, I think others will agree too, don't worry, your posts haven't went unread.


I have to agree on this one.

It's an interesting thought, and good that Xenon brought this up - we need to take this into consideration. My initial reaction when reading that idea though was equivalent of stanis' - would it not be more likely to get Pressure Ulcers from e.g. sleeping in a certain position, than squeezing the scalp for a moment per day?

An update on my DT progress: As I've shared earlier, I've done DT on and off sporadically during on the spring - summer. I experienced some regrowth, new hairs in form of vellus hair and some terminals. I did not follow a diet, nor did I take any supplements - only thing I can think of that I've been using besides DT during the last year, although I doubt it is of any difference, is using Regenepure DT schampoo a few times per week (any other schampoo will probably be just as good though).

Although I haven't touched supplements in a while, I do believe it is more important to address the internal issues than doing DT, because ths will bring long term positive effects that extend beyond the hair. So in light of this, I'm going to take a Bioresonance Test in January to get some insights into my systems status quo. Then I'm going to assess and see what I need to do internally to address my health.

---

Growdamnit and Slimnuts - sorry to hear you guys are not getting results with DT. I sincerely hope things will turn for you very soon. Maybe some of the more experienced guys can chime in with ideas. A piece of the puzzel is missing.

I wish you guys all the best

OpenBook

Posts : 61
Join date : 2013-01-22
Age : 33
Location : Europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  OpenBook on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:07 am

I forgot to actually write my status quo regarding DT, which is:

I've started doing the full 2x20min per day since last Monday (1st of December). I'm going to keep you updated on the progress Smile

All the best

OpenBook

Posts : 61
Join date : 2013-01-22
Age : 33
Location : Europe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  bov51 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:07 am

Growdamnit wrote:If I am doing DT properly with a great diet, how in the hell is my hair miniaturizing (which is a bad sign) then?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, you just have a very good eyes that doesn't mislead you.

bov51

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:28 am

P.S. I will shut my trap now, and yes, I have made my point. I just want to mention one last thing; there are certain individuals on here who keep on pointing the finger at big pharma not wanting this "revolutionary hairloss cure" to be accessed by the mainstream because big pharma makes billions from hairloss products every year, but, yet, hairloss is also equally big business for scammers worldwide.

End.
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1536
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:57 am

Even though hair loss is not a big deal and we are quite disillusioned, it is fascinating to me how mankind certainly does not mean "kind man". It almost hurts to see a point in time where we throw each other off of a cliff for the almighty dollar.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Keanoseg on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:13 am

So much of an epic sigh this thread has become.. How about we just show it down and everyone goes their own routes? I could take the biggest shit on so much posts in this thread but I'm not even going to waste the time, I burned so many nerves in this thread, I'm out for good. I thought, if I take a break for a week or 2, there's going to be something new, but no, and btw, to everyone in this thread and others since I see some posts, if you think doing DT for 20 minutes a day is the reason you are losing your hair you don't even deserve to have any... jesus christ.

Keanoseg

Posts : 369
Join date : 2014-05-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:00 am

Keanoseg wrote:So much of an epic sigh this thread has become.. How about we just show it down and everyone goes their own routes? I could take the biggest shit on so much posts in this thread but I'm not even going to waste the time, I burned so many nerves in this thread, I'm out for good. I thought, if I take a break for a week or 2, there's going to be something new, but no, and btw, to everyone in this thread and others since I see some posts, if you think doing DT for 20 minutes a day is the reason you are losing your hair you don't even deserve to have any... jesus christ.
Unless you cure your situation, I suggest you stick around as you have much to offer us all.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  hairyshowers on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:34 am

Xenon wrote:Although a pressure ulcer has not yet formed, if this process is repeated enough times, I have no doubt that this will soon be the case..if mechanical loading really induced growth factors in the soft tissue of the scalp, then the pressure from resting our heads on our pillows would be sufficient enough to cause this, but it does the exact opposite, as does DT.

Fuck me Xenon, what are you spewing out now? Anyone here noticed pressure ulcers? Didnt think so. People undergo deep tissue massages daily for much longer periods than us, others wear helmets/other headgear 8 hours a day which are rubbing the scalp skin against the bone and this condition is not very common. Yet you are certain this is happening to all of us because we massage each 1" section of our scalp for approximately 3mins per day?
Back to the pillows again then (because a silk pillowcase will save us all), remind me how you are comparing 7-8 hours of the scalp being pressed against a pillow to short pinching motions with a duration of 5-10 seconds max?

Xenon wrote:RE: growdamnit; he is not the only one who has experienced *accelerated* inflammation and shedding from this method. If the therapy really worked, then the reverse would be occurring, but it simply isn't.
Based on what? We have plenty of guys (including myself) stating this has reduced shedding and this method is working for them.
Leaving your hair to run its natural course is allowing your hairloss to progress. How can anyone say if Growdamnits hair would be in a better or worse condition right now if he had decided not to take up DT? I cant and nor can you (though im sure you will try).

Xenon wrote:As for products being plugged in association with DT, so far I see bian stones and also this: http://www.stimulax.es/ But it matters not anyway, there could be a syndicate of scammers who are making up / submitting multiple bogus theories, generating a buzz around them in order to sell products.
As far as im aware, this is the only forum DT is being discussed upon. I have not seen any mention of this stumulax product, nor do I know of anyone who is using it. Bian stones, theres like 5 guys using them! I could piss more money than the manufactorers must have made from any sales which have come from advertising in this thread.

Xenon wrote:It's obviously not down to me to tell you what to do, but if I was you I'd quit right now, otherwise you'll not only be slick bald in good time, but will also be receiving therapy to treat painful ulcers.

It seems you are once again trying very hard to scare monger. What is your advice to young balders then? Dont look after your internal health with supplements or manually stimulate hair growth, instead painstakingly avoid anything inflammatory (including limiting your foods), ensure you sleep without resting any part of your head on the bed, abstain from sex/masterbation, and generally worry about your hair for the rest of your life like I did? Fuck that
avatar
hairyshowers

Posts : 108
Join date : 2013-07-11
Location : All over the place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  hairyshowers on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 am

Keanoseg wrote:if you think doing DT for 20 minutes a day is the reason you are losing your hair you don't even deserve to have any... jesus christ.
+1
avatar
hairyshowers

Posts : 108
Join date : 2013-07-11
Location : All over the place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  hairyshowers on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 am

Growdamnit wrote:Unless you cure your situation, I suggest you stick around as you have much to offer us all.
Keanoseg already has 'cured his situation', and provided photos to back it up. You need to be more specific in your 'suggestion' for him to 'stick around as you have much to offer us all', what exactly does he need to provide you with? He has already shown evidence in studies, given advice on technique, and provided photographic evidence of his success. Be under no impression grow, he owes you nothing.
Anyway guys im off for a few months now, nearly time to hit the road, peace
avatar
hairyshowers

Posts : 108
Join date : 2013-07-11
Location : All over the place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Growdamnit on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 am

I agree that he owes me nothing, but I am still curious as to why it works for some and not all.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1076
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Xenon on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:30 am

Look, I already told you that I noticed a correlation between pillow compression and inflammation. I told you that the reasons why these areas are prone to compression is based upon the fact that there is no musculature here and little adipose tissue. Now, when a person is bed bound for prolonged periods, this issue becomes worse to the point that the affected areas will begin to ulcerate due to cells being compressed against the skull / bony prominences. Now when you are kneading the tissue the issue becomes worsened because you are creating a worse shear effect through manuals. You guys are doing this for 20 mins twice per day, which therefore places cells in a chronic inflammatory state.

As for keanoseg, your latest "progress" pics show that your horseshoe hairline (which you had two months before) has totally disappeared in lieu of really thick hair growth. So, within that time frame, you have gained that much hair? I'm sorry but I find that impossible to believe, esp when others have been losing so much hair from this method.

You can present whatever studies you want, my friend, but the facts remain: people are going bald, yet all you and complexx can console them with is, 'you're not doing it right'.

Right.

But, anyway, carry on Smile

Edited: @hairyshowers, wearing heavy head gear is strongly implicated in the onset of traction / pressure alopecia. Do the research and you'll see that this is the case. When I wore a tight fitting hat for long periods, guess what? Inflammation increased within the most compressed / sheared areas and hairloss resulted. There have been many more guys who have attested to this.

As for those undergoing deep tissue massage, I already told you, the issue is mainly in areas were tissue is covering bony prominences -- not areas where these is lots of adipose tissue and underlying muscle groups.
avatar
Xenon

Posts : 1536
Join date : 2012-05-03
Location : Alpha Draconis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  hairyshowers on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:53 am

Xenon wrote:Look, I already told you that I noticed a correlation between pillow compression and inflammation. I told you that the reasons why these areas are prone to compression is based upon the fact that there is no musculature here and little adipose tissue. Now, when a person is bed bound for prolonged periods, this issue becomes worse to the point that the affected areas will begin to ulcerate due to cells being compressed against the skull / bony prominences. Now when you are kneading the tissue the issue becomes worsened because you are creating a worse shear effect through manuals. You guys are doing this for 20 mins twice per day, which therefore places cells in a chronic inflammatory state.
In DT, we arent (or shouldnt be) constantly pressing the scalp skin against the skull, we are pinching the skin away from the bone like this - http://goo.gl/IcWQwQ. If anything this should give the skin a release from the compression and stretch it, preventing a constant tight scalp. This is going into the tight scalp theory proposed by others and I agree with you that one of the reasons we grow hair on the sides and back of head, is because it is protected by the scalp muscles and brown fat which are acting as a cusion to the constricting effect of tight scalps (slick bald guys have shiny tight skin around the galae region).

Xenon wrote:
You can present whatever studies you want, my friend, but the facts remain: people are going bald, yet all you and complexx can console them with is, 'you're not doing it right'.
Actually im not consoling people with 'your not doing it right', even if that may be the case. This isnt boshing a magical pill, there are techniques and the people saying they are losing ground are asking for advice from guys more experienced with this method.
And 'people are going bald'? Of-fucking-course they are going bald, otherwise they wouldnt be here wasting time in forums. This is no indication of their hairloss accelerating due to DT.

Xenon wrote:
Right.

But, anyway, carry on Smile
Thanks, I will (not that I need your permission), this is the only treatment over the past 4 years of agressive hairloss which has shown some promise for me.

Xenon wrote:
Edited: @hairyshowers, wearing heavy head gear is strongly implicated in the onset of traction / pressure alopecia. Do the research and you'll see that this is the case. When I wore a tight fitting hat for long periods, guess what? Inflammation increased within the most compressed / sheared areas and hairloss resulted. There have been many more guys who have attested to this.
Firstly traction alopecia is a subject for another topic/method (as we are not causing traction, unlike something like boar brusing where it may be a valid point). Again, we need to fix the sensitivity to inflammation on the scalp, instead of avoiding a million things in life which may slightly increase inflammation. Why is the scalp soo suseptible to inflammation? The lack of blood flow could be a major factor (and something we are addressing with DT).

Xenon wrote:
As for those undergoing deep tissue massage, I already told you, the issue is mainly in areas were tissue is covering bony
prominences -- not areas where these is lots of adipose tissue and underlying muscle groups.
As far as we know, noone is experiencing this 'issue' with pressure ulcers. Move on.
avatar
hairyshowers

Posts : 108
Join date : 2013-07-11
Location : All over the place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  bov51 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:56 pm

hairyshowers wrote:
Growdamnit wrote:Unless you cure your situation, I suggest you stick around as you have much to offer us all.
Keanoseg already has 'cured his situation', and provided photos to back it up. You need to be more specific in your 'suggestion' for him to 'stick around as you have much to offer us all', what exactly does he need to provide you with? He has already shown evidence in studies, given advice on technique, and provided photographic evidence of his success. Be under no impression grow, he owes you nothing.
Anyway guys im off for a few months now, nearly time to hit the road, peace

He hasn't cured sht, show me his full head of hair with his hair pull back. Ive seen his photos and the angle of it is horrible to see if he was getting regrowth or not. I don't know why people get so butthurt when people start questioning it, same thing happen to ultimate regrowth protocol on bodybuilding forum, now its dead.

As for as ulcers go, you aint going to get ulcers doing dt lol

bov51

Posts : 462
Join date : 2012-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detumescence Therapy- dedicated volunteers wanted

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum