Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

success stories

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

success stories

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:54 pm

ive been searching the forum for success stories and been having a hard time doing so. if you have had success with any suppliments please share what your regime is and how it has helped. or if anyone could provide links to success stories that would be helpful

thanks!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Espio on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:56 pm

The reason why is because most people, when they have solved their problem, have no need to come back and visit. Someone popped in a month ago on a thread and said that he hasn't been here in a while because "my hair has been doing great!" He said he was using the top 6 and changed his diet around.

Personally, while I haven't reversed my hair loss by any means, I am positive that my hair loss has dramatically slowed down. But I am not a good example because I still eat fast food every other day, so I don't watch my diet as well as I should. I am comparing my hair how it looks today to a picture that was taken in January when my hair was the same length, and my hair looks almost exactly the same. My hairline is in the same position, and it is about the same thickness all over. Before I got on the regimine, my hair was thinning so fast that my hair was itching all the time and I'd see many hairs in my hand every time I'd wash my hair, in about 12 months my hairline receded about an inch on both sides. Also, I have had acne since puberty, and it went away after the regimine.

Espio

Posts : 740
Join date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Espio on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Oh and in addition to having acne before getting on the regemine, I also had coldsores every 3 or 4 weeks, these also completely went away when I got on the regimine. Well I'm not sure if they were coldsores like the big scabs, it was more like one small pimple on my lip or close to my lip, not sure what it was but it went away.

Espio

Posts : 740
Join date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:44 am

do u take the top 6?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Espio on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:57 am

I took the top 6 from about May 2008 to december 2008, I've done an alternative regimine since January 2009, mostly cause I can't afford some of the expensive supplements on the top 6

Espio

Posts : 740
Join date : 2008-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  slowbutspeeding on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:12 am

ive had tremendous success. i started with FIn and given my profile (age 25-30, male, historic post adolescence acne) the DHT suppression really worked. i saw signs of regrowth in weeks. But the side were too much and i stumbled on IH.
Im on 6 supps plus some extra for candida etc and on a much better diet. i rarely eat bread and pasta where as before they were staples. my temples have filled in 3/4inch to an inch with thin terminal hairs. The issue is that of density of the hair follicles in the regrowth area, but as it took 6 years for the hair to recess in the first place, im gonna give it atleast 3 years for it to comeback in force (so far ive been on supps for 1 year, first two months was fin) Other than hair, my acne has cleared up 95% and i feel significantly less stressed and my memory has improved (i think this is because of reduction of stress also... i can 'keep it together' so to speak.) ive experiments with Pm and have dropped it due to gyno sides which are subsiding. i dont do any topicals other than the dmso lithium.

slowbutspeeding

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  GoodThings on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:36 am

1.... I have tremendous success using the top 6. I think ec extract and 7hrm are the major contributing factor. In just three weeks, i saw frontal hair growth. I was on the top 6 for about 6 months. I was extremely happy that my frontal hair was growing but hair on the temple areas didn't grow much or not noticeable. So i changed it up. One reason was the cost. But more importantly, i wanted the temple areas to grow. So for the next 5 or 6 months, i subtracted ec extract and replaced it with maca and nettle root. To my surprise, my frontal hair growth grew even more. Now the growth spread, not just in the middle of the hairline, but to the left and right hairline. I was very pleased with it. But again, the temple areas did not grow much or not noticeable. So i switched again. This time i only took curcumin and resveratrol for a month. That was a huge mistake. My hair suffered a great deal. Perhaps i was very stressed. I don't know. But it took all the gains i accumulated within the last 10 months or so. Now i am back on my old regimen of maca and nettle root. It's been like a month or so and i see hair growing again. Especially on the hairline. I think for me hormone balance is the key. Curcumin and resveratrol just didn't provide that for me.

GoodThings

Posts : 235
Join date : 2008-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 pm

thanks for the stories!
I am totally surprised that these suppliments can do so much for your hair and overall health!

Goodthings-
Where do you buy your maca? And what is 7hmr I dont see it on the website http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/mycurrentregimen.htm

thanks guys, i think im guna get started on EC, curcumin and possibly maca.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  slowbutspeeding on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:02 pm

interesting. I'm having a harder time with the very middle front hair regrowth. Ill try mixing up the regimen also. thanks for your testmny.

slowbutspeeding

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Nashville Hairline on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:40 pm

Yes, GoodThings - can you tell us your regime cos maca and nettle root aren't in the top 6 here.

Nashville Hairline

Posts : 102
Join date : 2009-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  GoodThings on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:46 am

1..... wrote:thanks for the stories!
I am totally surprised that these suppliments can do so much for your hair and overall health!

Goodthings-
Where do you buy your maca? And what is 7hmr I dont see it on the website http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/mycurrentregimen.htm

thanks guys, i think im guna get started on EC, curcumin and possibly maca.

1.... The maca i use is from swanson. I take 1500mg each day.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SW961/ItemDetail?n=4294967198

7hmr was on the top 6. CS replaced it with Curcumin.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU334/ItemDetail?n=4294967198&moreResultsURL=ns%3DP_Flag-SwansonItem%257c1%257c%257cP_Rank-NoOrders%26ntt%3D7%252bhmr%26no%3D0%26n%3D4294967198%26ntx%3Dmode%252bmatchallpartial%26ntk%3DLevel2

GoodThings

Posts : 235
Join date : 2008-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  GoodThings on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:53 am

Nashville Hairline wrote:Yes, GoodThings - can you tell us your regime cos maca and nettle root aren't in the top 6 here.

Nash, nettle root was part of CS's regimen a long time ago. I guess he found something better in EC Extract.

This is what i take everyday:
Morning:
7hmr, maca, nettle, vitamins a, c, d, and mixed e, green tea, msm, 2 caps of fish oil, evening primrose oil, sensoril

Afternoon:
magnesium orotate, maca, nettle, selenium, biotin, b-100, msm, sensoril, vitamin d

Evening:
maca, nettle, fish oil, vitamin c, green tea, iodine.

GoodThings

Posts : 235
Join date : 2008-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:17 pm

good things,

is there a reason why you switched ec for maca?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  GoodThings on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:19 pm

1..... wrote:good things,

is there a reason why you switched ec for maca?

1.... One reason was the cost. Just couldn't really afford it. Secondly, i wanted to try something else since my temple wasn't growing. I do have hair there but my hair isn't growing thicker or longer for some reason.

GoodThings

Posts : 235
Join date : 2008-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Success

Post  Louise on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:11 am

Dear all,


I am little depressed about my hair loss that still continue. Please share your success with IH 6 or manual methods, topicals Very Happy etc........ Something positive everybody need to read sometimes .

You are men, and if you have success, I have to have finaly too....
Louise

Louise

Posts : 102
Join date : 2008-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  steventerrell on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:22 pm

thanks for the stories whey were very motivational... I'll conquer this hair loss eventually if i keep going at it.

steventerrell

Posts : 12
Join date : 2012-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:15 am

My story is very long but I will summarize some

- I started losing my hair in 2008, it was then that my doctor introduced me Finasteride 1mg at first I was afraid to use because of side effects but I ended up using for Some months, in 3 months my hair was trash than before treatment then started using Minox that destroyed my hair, I never believed in the history of the DHT is responsible, because even before using Fin my DHT was below the normal if it were true, why was I losing hair?

thanks to User misterE managed to stop hair loss and restore lost hair, I used the treatment Vegan diet (no sugar, salt, oils or any other processed food), too much physical activity, also used saw palmetto, DHEA, Nolvadex and Testosterone Cypionate (400mg week), in a few months I was cured, I know that many are not going to believe, and even find me silly but it worked, I went back to have a full head of hair

I believe that the staff of this forum should seek other methods before you start using Finasteride

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  a<r on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:38 am

I haven't used the site in a while because I purpousely took some time off from "hair" once I really halted the loss and thickened up to a noticably more healthy head of hair, but I want to testify again that the information presented on this site, if you do your part and find out what applies to your specific situation or reason for hair loss, is a life saver for not just your hair, but your cardiovascular health and youth.

_________________
"Mass paranoia is a mode, not a melody" - Greg Graffin

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
avatar
a<r
Admin

Posts : 819
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  moby on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:03 am

a_r what items would you say made the greatest improvement in your battle?


Last edited by moby on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total

moby

Posts : 558
Join date : 2012-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  ubraj on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:57 am

Louise wrote:Please share your success with IH 6 or manual methods, topicals Very Happy etc........

1. Around 2008 or 2007, I stopped taking "massive" quantities of Saw Palmetto after 8 - 12 years. This slowed hair loss to a crawl where hair loss was not a problem. I don't recommend DHT inhibition with new information nowadays however.

2. Mid 2008/2009, found LLLT, combined with a good antimicrobial topical (such as grapefruit seed extract) and magnesium oil rubbed into hair stopped hair loss with regrowth. I recommend about 400 lasers in an OMG style helmet. More than that, and it gets too heavy.

LLLT is one of if not the best ways to reverse the anagen (growth) to telogen (rest) ratio. This is important as those without hair loss have a very high ratio of hairs in the anagen phase (growth phase) and a few percentage in telogen phase (rest phase). Those with hair loss this ratio is reversed... most hairs are resting and not growing.

Topical full strength nutribiotic grapefruit seed extract is one of best antimicrobial topicals but is so acidic that it will help with tissue calcification.

Magnesium has a synergy with LLLT. IMO, from an eastern perspective, considering LLLT and biophotons, LLLT should be used by those with are open minded that the treatment will work/receptive. Those who are not listening or watching or living in a very negative/hostile environment. LLLT should be used after a shower (preferably cold and not too hot for this and other reasons).


3. Later, I found an extremely strict diet has the ability to stop hair loss. No cheating on a food that one has a sensitivity to. Diet gets extremely complicated but in short, I'd recommend an elimination diet. Google has more info on this.


4. Found Rife combined with chelation and diet to get the best results and the origin of hair loss IMO. What I mean is there is an autoimmunish reaction going on with hair loss. To stop this autoimmune reaction and reduce the pathogens involved in autoimmune reactions chelation as well as diet will reduce a great percentage of pathogens. But to get even better results, have to target the pathogens which is causing the autoimmune reaction. Mold as probably an even bigger issue than pathogens based on Dr. Loyds work. One probably doesn't even need a Rife machine to get the results that I got. Dr. Loyd has found specific combination of herbs and such to inhibit specific pathogens, dental issues, autoimmune issues, etc. for those that don't have much money.

In short, I believe androgenic alopecia is just a more complicated version of alopecia areata. Or to put it another way, I believe androgenic alopecia is similar to what goes on with dandruff but there becomes an autoimmune reaction with androgenic alopecia whereas dandruff there is not. The reason? Different pathogens involved IMO.

Sure one can stop dandruff with killing the malassezia yeast and there are many ways to stop dandruff.... including methods on making the terrain healthy. Same occurs with androgenic alopecia. One can stop androgenic alopecia by focusing on the terrain and should focus on the terrain for long-term results. Basically, one can stop hair loss by a great many methods as shown on this forum over the years.

The best results usually comes from those who have done a bunch of experimentation as well as research. I believe this is important for anyone with an autoimmune ailment which MPB is very closely one IMO. That way, one will know what to do when there is that inevitable fork in the road. Or they hit a brick wall and they don't know how to get over it. They'll get over it or follow the correct bend in the road if they have enough knowledge on what to do next. And that's the real secret to stopping hair loss IMO/IME... having done enough research and experimentation. Don't blindly follow a regimen. Have to understand each protocol and why it would work. One can blindly follow a DHT inhibition regimen and get results but not when focusing on other ways of stopping hair loss IMO.

hope this helps and good luck.

ubraj

Posts : 2246
Join date : 2009-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  987 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:36 am

For me, my hair had been thinning on top and receding very slowly since 19. I started eating much healthier and dodging processed foods and things that were toxic by 22, but not for hair just because I started waking up to some of this shit going on. Two years went by and hair loss got worse and finally started to bug me, so I began researching like crazy and started to supplement, and quickly realized through usage and cessation, that as long as I'm taking omega3's it prevents about 70% of the shed I was getting, which shows my hair loss was obviously an inflammatory degradation occurring in my scalp likely due to high free testosterone, low mineral/nutrient profile, and bad thyroid function (corner of my eye brows took a hit. Certainly hyper thyroid though)... Thus this past 8months I have cleaned up diet even more by cutting out all cooked oils except coconut, and eliminating gluten. Also started focusing on increased sunlight, cold showers, breathing/relaxation methods, and increased exercise. I also started going through a list of supplements ( pretty much almost everything C/S has recommended on here ) just to see what else improves me.My hair is still a little thinner within the nw2 region than Id like it to be when its wet, but other wise no more bad sheds for past yr, hair has filled in pretty solid, is growing faster, and hairline is still in a decent position. Which makes me even more hopeful because there's still many more supplements Ive yet to try, and still things to improve upon and or add to my regimen. I could talk about my experiences with topical oils, and no shampoo etc but dont think its important enough in this whole picture. To conclude though, I wont drop the fish oil, Iodine, or trace minerals, as those appear to be most necessary for me from what I have experienced so far, and Im liking the E.cava as well from what I've researched about it.. Being the lean built, athlete that I naturally am, my whole body is showing results from these efforts..

987

Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  FredtheBelgian on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 am

Any pictures? No need for regrowth, it can be like: this was my hair in 2008 and this is my hair now.
avatar
FredtheBelgian

Posts : 508
Join date : 2010-06-21
Age : 27
Location : Brussels

View user profile http://www.fredk.be

Back to top Go down

Thank you

Post  Louise on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:27 am

Dear all men, thank you for your stories, all this stories help to all of us to fight and not to loose our hope. Thanks to all who will write more......


Realy thank You so much, Smile

Louise

Louise

Posts : 102
Join date : 2008-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  mak123 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks for sharing your experiences - very encouraging.
I hope more will continue to contribute in this thread.

Can someone please list the original Top six as I haven't been able to search that out.

Also I would like to ask what supplement form of iodine you have used ?
I was thinking of using something simple like Kelp & see if i experience any positive gains.
Is potassium iodide suitable ?
I dont really want to try any extreme forms or high dosage of iodine that may lead to other issues.

Last one on Curcumin. In the UK fresh curcumin has become fairly easy to come by at a low price. Wouldn't ingesting this with food or even making tea be better than pill format ? Or is there something specifically specially about the top 6 listed Curcumin95 ?


Last edited by mak123 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

mak123

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  mak123 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 pm

mak123 wrote:Thanks for sharing your experiences - very encouraging.
....

Can someone please list the original Top six ....

..In the UK fresh curcumin has become fairly easy to come by at a low price. Would ingesting this with food or even making tea be better than taking pill format - very expensive for good brand Curcumin95 ? Or is there something specifically special about Curcumin95 ?

Can someone help out with above queries please.

mak123

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: success stories

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum