Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Blood Test Results - Serious Issues

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Blood Test Results - Serious Issues

Post  stresssucks on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:48 pm

herbalman wrote:9 drops of iodine may be way too much... Depending on the brand and the dosage but the one I have 3 drops is maximum

+1
some people think you can damage your thyroid by taking that much iodine. especially if selenium is lacking.

Other people think you could take a lot more than that and fix thyroid issues. complicated and no conclusive answer.

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:55 pm

I have tried contacting CS, but he must be away or something?

Oh, I do take selenium too...

I take the full IH range and then some...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:55 pm

I have read up on exercise and they say you need to do cardio. I hate cardio... With my current workout situation, I do 4 full body workouts a week (low volume / high frequency). I break up the workouts into an am/pm split (half in the morning and half in the evening so I keep the workouts down to about 25 minutes). The workouts are fast paced with minimal rest, so I am wondering if there is a cardio component to it?

With my testosterone so low, man I feel that I have been working out with a significant disadvantage!

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:12 pm

I know sleep has been an issue for me (going to bed at 12am and then getting up at 6am). I am now trying to change this and aim for a 10:30pm bed time most nights...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:53 pm

It sounds like you have several actionable items that could help. I bet the sleep alone will bring up the test.

How about sun exposure? Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? Vitamin D can lower cholesterol, it's hard to say if you are on the correct dosage and I bet sun exposure is the better way to get it if you can.

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:03 pm

I am indoors a lot... I do take D3 doses ranging between 5,000IU to 10,000 IU.

I don't know what my vitamin D range is from the blood tests.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:26 pm

I called the Doctor and just found out the following;

My Thyroid levels are -
T4 - 14.9
TSH - 1.2

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 am

I think most would say your TSH is in a good range at 1.2. If TSH is ok, I'm not sure the other thyroid bloodwork is necessary. Might be someone more knowledgeable on here about that.

I bet your vitamin D blood test is fine at that supplement level. The question then is, is it better for the body to get it from the sun? I'm not sure.

Maybe sleeping more will solve your issues.

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:34 am

Ok, that is a relief...

The cholesterol and triglycerides are way too high though... Any other ideas? Anyone?

With the sleep, how much is truly needed?

Thanks.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:09 am

With general health - I feel mostly ok. I am in the best shape of my life if you were to look at me. Body fat is the lowest it has been in a long time and I have the most amount of muscle that I have ever had (49"-50" chest/back measurement - 18"arms etc). I am still looking to trim a bit off the mid section so that I can see my abs a little better. I wake up feeling like I could sleep a bit longer. Last night I hit the sack at 11:30pm and woke up at 6am. Kind of felt it was not enough sleep. Lately I have felt a little groggy... I have also felt a bit like my glands in my neck are sore (weirdest feeling - comes and goes and I am not totally sure it is my glands)? About 5 or so weeks ago I was feeling pretty average. I felt worn out and sleep was poor. I had a hard time with weightlifting and was not sure that I was recovering well from the weight sessions. I suspected adrenal fatigue, so I stopped and rested for 3 weeks. I put that down to lack of sleep and way too high a volume with weight training. I am now back into the weights again, but have significantly changed how I do it.

For a while there I seemed to have trouble sleeping, but am currently trying elevated bed (where you elevate the head end of the bed 6" and this seems to have helped a lot. I still wake up once a night at about the same time to visit the bathroom (not sure if that is normal or not).

I am kind of an anxious person by nature, but I take Ashwaganda and feel this has helped me a lot with stress levels. I am also learning to manage my thoughts etc.

I used to have chronic reflux (where I was on Prilosec continuously), but have sorted that out by taking Brocomax (broccoli extract). I have not touched Prilosec in 4-5 years now. I also used to suffer bad dandruff and rosacea and feel that I fixed this when I started taking Resveratrol - Quercetin - Curcumin.

My tongue has the white stuff on it and also has ridges around the outside. I may be totally wrong, but a number of years ago, someone advised this was a sign of liver issues?

I am not sure what else to report... I am desperate to get my triglycerides and cholesterol down and testosterone up. The cholesterol and triglycerides scare me at the moment.

Thanks again for your help.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:27 am

Bump again...

I have been researching some more and it looks as though ideal thyroid level is .5... I take 9 drops of Iosol Iodine a day. For a good while I was taking am and pm doses of 6-7 drops. I wonder now if I need to back off to about 3 drops a day as previously suggested?

Thanks.
Also, is CS away?

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:08 am

has prolactin been tested ?
serotonin ?
estrogen ?

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Prolactin - not tested
Serotinin - not tested
estrogen - not tested

Basically the information provided is everything that was tested...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I just don't know where to go with this...

Thanks.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Renky wrote:Prolactin - not tested
Serotinin - not tested
estrogen - not tested

Basically the information provided is everything that was tested...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I just don't know where to go with this...

Thanks.

get those tested !

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:43 pm

I can't get these tested... It would be a special request and Doctors in my area do not like to do this unless for a very good reason.

From what I understand, the only things that concern the Doc in my situation is the Triglycerides and the Cholesterol. He said everything else was good. I noted my Ferretin levels were elevated, but he never said anything about that.

I am really hoping that what I have supplied is enough to go by...

After a lot of searching, all I can come up with is taking Psyllium Husk powder and Fish Oil (people recommend Krill) to drop the cholesterol and triglycerides fast.

No answers on the low testosterone though...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 pm

I have a feeling that my liver is the main issue (not that I am scientifically minded or anything) in how it processes fats? How I fix a suspect liver, I don't know...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:54 pm

For sleep I think you should just make sure you aren't waking up to an alarm. Dim the lights at night and go to bed when you are tired.

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 pm

Renky wrote:I have a feeling that my liver is the main issue (not that I am scientifically minded or anything) in how it processes fats? How I fix a suspect liver, I don't know...

They didn't test your liver enzymes?

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stresssucks on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:55 pm

you can get bloodwork done yourself without doctors orders through places like directlabs

stresssucks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:09 pm

Thanks...

No liver enzymes testing that I know of...

Thanks for the tip on sleep. I usually need an alarm to wake me though or I would oversleep and be late. I know in the past that I have been a night owl and stayed up late. I am trying to stop this and head to bed at about 10:30pm. After elevating the head end of our bed 6", I feel that I sleep better. Although I still wake up for 1 toilet visit each night at around the same time.

I came across this research on Vitamin E and it raising testosterone levels in rats and humans - https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/endocrj1954/29/3/29_3_287/_pdf

Maybe upping the dosage of Tocomin to twice a day will help me?

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:33 pm

I just spoke with my sister in law (trained Doctor) and she thinks my situation is probably genetics (as my dad suffered this same thing) and she also feels it comes back to the liver and how it processes fats.

I was taking 5-10mg of DHEA, but my sister in law freaked out and told me to stop right away on this as it could be messing up my hormones even at this small dose.

I just need to work out what to do now naturally as I have 6 weeks to start sending these numbers down or I am going to be "encouraged" to get on statins.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:49 pm

I sent my results to a Pathologist and this was their comments;

Most of all your blood tests are within normal range. The lipid profile is really elevated.

One thing I would like to clarify. Did you fast at least 12 hours prior to getting the test done. Ideally you should have your normal routine diet for a week or so and the night before the test, after dinner do not eat anything till the blood is drawn for the test. Your diet has a significant effect on lipid profile. Cholesterol and triglycerides will be high if you have been having fatty food, fried food, lots of nuts etc.

If your diet is normal, do you have a family history of high cholesterol. Familial hypercholesterolemia is a known condition.

Other reason could be that with all the exercise and body building you are having a high calorie diet, maybe more than needed and that is seen as raised cholesterol and triglycerides.

A high calorie diet or family history could explain these elevated results. If both are not there, I would say get the test repeated and if they are still raised, your doctor has to look into other diseases which may be causing this. It is highly unlikely that an error was made in testing or there was a mixup of the blood sample, but is rarely possible. A repeat test again would help.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:40 pm

I did fast the 12 hours before the blood was taken and there is a family history with my dad having high cholesterol...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:11 am

Hey Renky - The sleep thing can be causing a lot of this. Do you possibly have sleep apnea? Before you put a statin in your body, I would rule that out just to be sure.

I was the guy who would stay up until 2am most nights and get up at 7am. Those were the worst health years of my life. It's when my hair loss happened. Now I tend to pass out around 10pm and instead of fighting going to sleep I just go to sleep. I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow. I used to put music/earphones on to go to sleep. I fall asleep before I can do that. I don't toss and turn unless I'm hot and the room temp is too high. Sleep can have a lot to do with it, but it might not be the only answer.

The only supplement I'm taking before bedtime now is my Magnesium Citrate. I feel really good in the morning and have no trouble waking up.

Hopefully CS checks in and can give you some ideas to begin to sort through this.

hadrion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:31 am

Great to hear from you Hadrion! I was beginning to think the old regulars had left...

If I remember correctly, you and I were similar with health and exercise (weightlifting etc).

These test results have me spinning out. I just do not know where to go with it. I think CS is away?

I still weight lift, but have toned it down a bit now so I allow enough time for my body to recover.

With the sleep apnea thing, I spoke to CS about it earlier this year and he mentioned some research on elevating the head of the bed 6". I gave this a go and have noticed that I sleep better. I still need to work on going to bed at about 10:30pm though and stop fighting going to bed. I find that I have to urinate in the middle of the night (at about 3am) each night. It is annoying that I wake up for this, but I soon go back to sleep ok.

I spoke to my sister inlaw today about my situation. She is a trained Doctor and she said that she thinks I have a predisposition to high cholesterol and high triglycerides because of my dad. She also seems to think that my liver is playing a part in this too - Fatty liver? I have these ridges on the outside of my tongue and someone once told me this was an indication of liver health, but I am not sure I have this correct or not.

I am trying to work this out as quick as I can, get a plan and then just start implementing. I have about 6 weeks to at least show signs of lowering these high levels or the Doc is going to make a very good case for me to start taking statins.

Last time I had my blood pressure checked, it was unchanged from the last time and it was flagged as being on the high side also ( I think it was 148 / 86 ) or something like that?

When you watch what you eat, exercise consistently and keep yourself in good shape... It just makes it hard to know what to do to fix this...

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top