Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My green tea,coconut topical and green juicing progress

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My green tea,coconut topical and green juicing progress

Post  Growdamnit on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:07 am

After my derma rolling sessions I add this mixture. Let's see how it goes. Second time around in about three weeks.

Growdamnit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:29 am

Hey Sage and all

I was wondering, since juicers are quite expensive, would it be alright to simply eat the greens that you would have juiced, whole?  Is it pretty much the same thing, just more work and time consuming to eat?  I already eat a lot of spinach and thought it'd be no problem to start eating more along with other vegetables.

I've got everything except the Castile soap and Emu oil (decided to replace it with extra castor oil like you mention), so soon I'll be able to start!  I'm just hoping I can grind my green tea fine enough for this.

Otherwise I'm super excited to start this

I DID find a few juicers that were really cheap, like under $50 and under $100, but...I don't know if it really works the same

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:51 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey Sage and all

I was wondering, since juicers are quite expensive, would it be alright to simply eat the greens that you would have juiced, whole?  Is it pretty much the same thing, just more work and time consuming to eat?  I already eat a lot of spinach and thought it'd be no problem to start eating more along with other vegetables.

I've got everything except the Castile soap and Emu oil (decided to replace it with extra castor oil like you mention), so soon I'll be able to start!  I'm just hoping I can grind my green tea fine enough for this.

I DID find a few juicers that were really cheap, like under $50 and under $100, but...I don't know if it really works the same

Hi johndoe,

I think like you mentioned that is better to eat the greens, instead of buying a juicer that cannot handle greens so well.
Maybe better to buy a masticating later, when you have the opportunity.
A comparison of centrifugal and masticating http://thejuicerdirectory.com/masticating-vs-centrifugal-juicers/

Use the topical treatment at least 4 times a week.
The fresh ingredients coconut milk and a pot of coriander lasts that long, so there is no reason not use the topical less regarding the waste also.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billa on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:30 pm

hi Sage,

Beside doing topical and green smoothie, do you do DT too to reduce scalp inflammation & classification?

Billa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:13 am

Sage 1 wrote:

Hi johndoe,

I think like you mentioned that is better to eat the greens, instead of buying a juicer that cannot handle greens so well.
A comparison of centrifugal and masticating http://thejuicerdirectory.com/masticating-vs-centrifugal-juicers/

The fresh ingredients coconut milk and a pot of coriander lasts that long, so there is no reason not use the topical less regarding the waste also.

Hey Sage

Thanks, that's what I thought, although to be honest a kale smoothie somehow sounds more appetizing than eating half a bag of raw kale, but it's for my hair, so there's no problem at all Very Happy Not to mention general health!

I'm planning to stock up on raw spinach and kale, and some cucumbers. I'm going to make a point of eating at least half a bag of the spinach and kale a day, throw some cucumbers in, etc.

Thanks again, looking forward to your next update!

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:52 am

Billa wrote:hi Sage,

Beside doing topical and green smoothie, do you do DT too to reduce scalp inflammation & classification?

I donīt use the DT method, only the ingredients as mentioned.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:57 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
Sage 1 wrote:

Hi johndoe,

Hey Sage

Thanks, that's what I thought, although to be honest a kale smoothie somehow sounds more appetizing than eating half a bag of raw kale, but it's for my hair, so there's no problem at all Very Happy Not to mention general health!

I'm planning to stock up on raw spinach and kale, and some cucumbers.  I'm going to make a point of eating at least half a bag of the spinach and kale a day, throw some cucumbers in, etc.

Thanks again, looking forward to your next update!

You will gain the fibers from them also.
Cucumbers are great, since they have a high amount of silica.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:53 am

Well I just tried this topical for the first time today, and it isn't as much work as I thought it would be (however I used an extra teaspoon of castor oil in place of any emu oil like you mentioned).  I didn't have any castile soap or coriander but I did it anyway just to get started.  

I don't have a coffee grinder yet (working on it), so I just took a screwdriver and smacked a green tea bag with the handle about 100 times Very Happy I don't think that will work too well though (or at all), because it was kind of clumpy due to the green tea kind of absorbing everything and clumping up, since it wasn't ground, but I still got the benefits of the oils I'm sure.    

The coconut milk I thought would completely melt when I mixed it, and while it mostly did, it wasn't really 100%, I probably just have to mix everything better.

It came out in a kind of...whitish paste I guess, the consistency was actually alright (besides the green tea clumps as I mentioned, they were all over my scalp probably not giving me any benefit), so I just put it on my worst spots and tried to massage it down past my hair to my scalp.  

Overall I'm quite pleased.  It was easy to make and actually smells good (to me anyway).  The hardest part was not eating it before I put it on my scalp Smile

You say to only leave it for 20 minutes?  That's no problem at all, I know you mentioned leaving it for longer might give diminishing returns due to the air drying out the mixture.

Also, that coconut milk tastes amazing, I decided to try a tiny bit before I mixed it with the oils, and I loved it!  It's almost like ice cream!

Seriously, somebody needs to try this mixture as a salad dressing without the castor oil.

EDIT: I was thinking about using my green tea capsules in supplement form and opening them up and using that instead of the ground green tea bags, I wonder if that would work too...I don't have a great brand of green tea like life extension or anything, and it doesn't even mention "standardized extract", but I dunno

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:53 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:Well I just tried this topical for the first time today, and it isn't as much work as I thought it would be (however I used an extra teaspoon of castor oil in place of any emu oil like you mentioned).  I didn't have any castile soap or coriander but I did it anyway just to get started.  

I don't have a coffee grinder yet (working on it), so I just took a screwdriver and smacked a green tea bag with the handle about 100 times Very Happy I don't think that will work too well though (or at all), because it was kind of clumpy due to the green tea kind of absorbing everything and clumping up, since it wasn't ground, but I still got the benefits of the oils I'm sure.    

The coconut milk I thought would completely melt when I mixed it, and while it mostly did, it wasn't really 100%, I probably just have to mix everything better.

It came out in a kind of...whitish paste I guess, the consistency was actually alright (besides the green tea clumps as I mentioned, they were all over my scalp probably not giving me any benefit), so I just put it on my worst spots and tried to massage it down past my hair to my scalp.  

Overall I'm quite pleased.  It was easy to make and actually smells good (to me anyway).  The hardest part was not eating it before I put it on my scalp Smile

You say to only leave it for 20 minutes?  That's no problem at all, I know you mentioned leaving it for longer might give diminishing returns due to the air drying out the mixture.

Also, that coconut milk tastes amazing, I decided to try a tiny bit before I mixed it with the oils, and I loved it!  It's almost like ice cream!

Seriously, somebody needs to try this mixture as a salad dressing without the castor oil.

EDIT:  I was thinking about using my green tea capsules in supplement form and opening them up and using that instead of the ground green tea bags, I wonder if that would work too...I don't have a great brand of green tea like life extension or anything, and it doesn't even mention "standardized extract", but I dunno

You can also use the coconut oil as a smooth hair pack.
Take one table spoon of coconut oil in a small jar, and boil up a small amount of water in a pot aside.
Remove the pot from the stove and place the jar with coconut in the pot, and stir a little until it becomes running.
Apply it on your hair when itīs body temperature warm.

Leave it in the hair for 1/2 - 1 hour , and wash it off with a gentle shampoo.
Me and my wife use it 2 times a week since it thickens the hair.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:27 am

Sage 1 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Well I just tried this topical for the first time today, and it isn't as much work as I thought it would be (however I used an extra teaspoon of castor oil in place of any emu oil like you mentioned).  I didn't have any castile soap or coriander but I did it anyway just to get started.  

EDIT:  I was thinking about using my green tea capsules in supplement form and opening them up and using that instead of the ground green tea bags, I wonder if that would work too...I don't have a great brand of green tea like life extension or anything, and it doesn't even mention "standardized extract", but I dunno

Take one table spoon of coconut oil in a small jar, and boil up a small amount of water in a pot aside.
Remove the pot from the stove and place the jar with coconut in the pot, and stir a little until it becomes running.

Ok thanks for the tip, but I actually microwave a bowl of water and put a medicine cup (you know those tiny little plastic shot glass looking thing) filled with coconut oil in it rather than boiling water, I'm sure boiling water would be faster though, heh

I'm wondering what to do with all the coconut milk I have since it only lasts for like 5 days as you said, can I add much more of it to your topical to use it up?  I know you say like 1 teaspoon but I was wondering if I could do much more, or even apply it separately with coconut oil?

I think I'm going to stop using the green tea until I have a coffee grinder or something to properly grind it, now I'm not sure it's doing anything at all

The only thing is that I have long hair so I have to make sure I get it down to my scalp, I think I'm doing good with that though

Last edited by johndoe1225 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:37 am

Hey Sage, did you get my latest PM by any chance?

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:58 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
Sage 1 wrote:

Ok thanks for the tip, but I actually microwave a bowl of water and put a medicine cup (you know those tiny little plastic shot glass looking thing) filled with coconut oil in it rather than boiling water, I'm sure boiling water would be faster though, heh

I'm wondering what to do with all the coconut milk I have since it only lasts for like 5 days as you said, can I add much more of it to your topical to use it up?  I know you say like 1 teaspoon but I was wondering if I could do much more, or even apply it separately with coconut oil?

I think I'm going to stop using the green tea until I have a coffee grinder or something to properly grind it, now I'm not sure it's doing anything at all

The only thing is that I have long hair so I have to make sure I get it down to my scalp, I think I'm doing good with that though

I use 2 tsp of coconut milk like mentioned, but you can even put 3 tsp since it quiet individual regarding length and hair type.
As long as you use the ingredients itself, you can add or decrease for your comfort since you will still gain them.

You can use normal green tea bags to cut the bag and pour into the oils without crushing them, and the reason i use a pestle is only to mix the green tea and coriander to a paste before pouring into the oils. (page 6)
Is it hard to find coriander (cilantro) leaves? we have it in every grocery store here in Sweden in small pots, and they cost about 2 dollars.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:05 am

Sage 1 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Sage 1 wrote:

I use 2 tsp of coconut milk like mentioned, but you can even put 3 tsp since it quiet individual regarding length and hair type.
As long as you use the ingredients itself, you can add or decrease for your comfort since you will still gain them.

You can use normal green tea bags to cut the bag and pour into the oils without crushing them, and the reason i use a pestle is only to mix the green tea and coriander to a paste before pouring into the oils. (page 6)
Is it hard to find coriander (cilantro) leaves? we have it in every grocery store here in Sweden in small pots, and they cost about 2 dollars.

Oh, I see, good point!  I'll go ahead and use my tea then

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful and interesting.  I might even use the coconut milk separately before I go to sleep just to use up the can, I'll melt it the same way I do the coconut oil.  All I need is a shower cap

As for the cilantro I just haven't gotten around to going to the store yet, I'm sure they have it

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:40 am

Sorry for my crappy explanation.
With the daily green tea and coriander method i donīt warm up the coconut oil, milk.

I only warm up the coconut oil itself when used as a hair pack (conditioner) couple times a week.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:42 am

Sage 1 wrote:Sorry for my crappy explanation.
With the daily green tea and coriander method i donīt warm up the coconut oil, milk.

I only warm up the coconut oil itself when used as a hair pack (conditioner) couple times a week.

Oooooh...I see, I think I'll keep warming up the coconut oil/milk though since its much easier to work with/mix like that.

I never tried using it without melting it though, maybe it's easier that way, I'll give it a go

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:39 am

johndoe1225 wrote:

Oooooh...I see, I think I'll keep warming up the coconut oil/milk though since its much easier to work with/mix like that.  

I never tried using it without melting it though, maybe it's easier that way, I'll give it a go

I wanted to add (I can't edit my post now), I did the topical again with everything except the soap, and the green tea and cilantro clumps are kind of...They seem to be pooling BENEATH my hairline. I ended up using the green tea today unground, simply cutting open a bag and pouring it in (along with the cilantro). It's strange how the green tea and cilantro clumps react though, I would have thought they'd just stay where I put them but they seem to just gather below my hairline, where there wasn't (and should not be) any hair, near my temples/side of forehead. I try to push them up to my hairline but I dunno.

Do you think it'd be alright to use green tea powder capsules instead? I have a bottle of green tea extract, and while it isn't a standardized extract (and probably isn't a very good brand, but it's got to be at least as good as a tea bag, no?), but it's already in powder form, so maybe I can replace my tea bag with a capsule, and just open it up and pour the powder in?

Also, this is the first time I've seen or had cilantro, it's wonderful, especially the smell! Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:32 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

I wanted to add (I can't edit my post now), I did the topical again with everything except the soap, and the green tea and cilantro clumps are kind of...They seem to be pooling BENEATH my hairline.  I ended up using the green tea today unground, simply cutting open a bag and pouring it in (along with the cilantro).  It's strange how the green tea and cilantro clumps react though, I would have thought they'd just stay where I put them but they seem to just gather below my hairline, where there wasn't (and should not be) any hair, near my temples/side of forehead.  I try to push them up to my hairline but I dunno.

Do you think it'd be alright to use green tea powder capsules instead?  I have a bottle of green tea extract, and while it isn't a standardized extract (and probably isn't a very good brand, but it's got to be at least as good as a tea bag, no?), but it's already in powder form, so maybe I can replace my tea bag with a capsule, and just open it up and pour the powder in?

Also, this is the first time I've seen or had cilantro, it's wonderful, especially the smell! Very Happy

The green tea have a tendency of sticking into your hair, but the oils and the shampoo has the extract of the green tea also since it reacts with them.

It helps with a pestle to crush them to a more powdery form, and a tight shower cap that keeps them closer to your scalp.
So if you already have it in powder that's perfect.
The shower cap is also good because it keeps the air out, so that the oxidation progress is longer.

I switched the olive oil now to 2 tsp of virgin pumpkin seed oil instead, due to itīs richness of manganese http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/pumpkin-seeds.html

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:37 am

Sage 1 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

I wanted to add (I can't edit my post now), I did the topical again with everything except the soap, and the green tea and cilantro clumps are kind of...They seem to be pooling BENEATH my hairline.  I ended up using the green tea today unground, simply cutting open a bag and pouring it in (along with the cilantro).  It's strange how the green tea and cilantro clumps react though, I would have thought they'd just stay where I put them but they seem to just gather below my hairline, where there wasn't (and should not be) any hair, near my temples/side of forehead.  I try to push them up to my hairline but I dunno.

Do you think it'd be alright to use green tea powder capsules instead?  I have a bottle of green tea extract, and while it isn't a standardized extract (and probably isn't a very good brand, but it's got to be at least as good as a tea bag, no?), but it's already in powder form, so maybe I can replace my tea bag with a capsule, and just open it up and pour the powder in?

The green tea have a tendency of sticking into your hair, but the oils and the shampoo has the extract of the green tea also since it reacts with them.

It helps with a pestle to crush them to a more powdery form, and a tight shower cap that keeps them closer to your scalp.
The shower cap is also good because it keeps the air out, so that the oxidation progress is longer.

I switched the olive oil now to 2 tsp of virgin pumpkin seed oil instead, due to itīs richness of manganese http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/pumpkin-seeds.html

Good point about the tea reacting with everything, I'll try it with my supplement capsules though and see what happens!

About the pumpkin seed oil, why not just add it in addition to the olive oil rather than removing the olive oil?  I love this topical because it's a mixture of lots of fun, great (and tasty) stuff for your hair.

And you're right, I DEFINITELY need a shower cap, I go through so much paper wiping the mixture from my forehead before it goes into my eyes! 

Thanks again cheers

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:49 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
Sage 1 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

Good point about the tea reacting with everything, I'll try it with my supplement capsules though and see what happens!

About the pumpkin seed oil, why not just add it in addition to the olive oil rather than removing the olive oil?  I love this topical because it's a mixture of lots of fun, great (and tasty) stuff for your hair.

And you're right, I DEFINITELY need a shower cap, I go through so much paper wiping the mixture from my forehead before it goes into my eyes! 

Thanks again cheers

Your welcome.
Iīll put an exact description with pictures tomorrow how i make it in detail, since itīs quiet messily described in all the earlier pages.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:42 am

Sage 1 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Sage 1 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:

Thanks again cheers

Your welcome.
Iīll put an exact description with pictures tomorrow how i make it in detail, since itīs quiet messily described in all the earlier pages.  

Thanks, I'm going to document my progress tomorrow if I remember since I only used this topical twice, then I'll see if I can document it monthly or whenever.  Of course I'm doing DT along with major diet changes so I'm not sure it will be accurate, but why not

Also, my green tea capsules are 315 mg, and standardized to contain 15% polyphenols, 47.5 mg.  I imagine this is much more than standard tea bags, but maybe I'll use this in addition to the tea bags.  Maybe the tea bags have something that the capsules don't, which only have the extract, or something, I don't really know how that stuff works Very Happy

Regardless, I think my capsules will be a good addition to my topical, especially since it's already in powder form, so that's super convenient.  So I think I'll use the tea bags AND the powder, maybe increasing the oils slightly to make up for the extra powder which will absorb it.

Cheers!

EDIT: I just looked up that pumpkin seed oil, man that's pretty expensive! I think I'll stick with your standard topical for now

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 am

Sage,

Thanks for sharing your formula and experience. I'm going to give this a shot as well.

For those concerned about making the green tea into a fine enough powder, why not just order matcha green tea? This is what I'm going to use - https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-organic-certified-organic-matcha-green-tea-1-76-oz-50-grams-pwdr

MilBA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:40 am

MilBA wrote:Sage,

Thanks for sharing your formula and experience. I'm going to give this a shot as well.

For those concerned about making the green tea into a fine enough powder, why not just order matcha green tea? This is what I'm going to use - https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-organic-certified-organic-matcha-green-tea-1-76-oz-50-grams-pwdr

That's a good idea, and it's even cheaper than the Celestial green tea bags that I buy and more nutritious, lol Very Happy

EDIT: I tried the topical today but replaced the green tea bag with two capsules on green tea extract, 315 mg, 15% polyphenols (47.5 mg). It's a VERY fine powder, and when you mix it it's not even noticeable, so that's a definite plus, but it was a strange brown color, I'm still not sure...Whatever, it can't possibly be any WORSE than using a green tea bag, can it? Worst case scenario, it's the same thing? I thought I read somewhere that the tea bags I use has 95mg or so of the extract, and it seems that the capsules have about 47.5 mg?

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  desmadre1 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:16 am

Last page I read was page 4. So not sure if anyone responded to my initial question on low oxalate greens. Here is a link with some low oxalate greens! : )

http://healthyonraw.com/should-we-eat-greens-high-in-oxalic-acid/

Also, a write up on the amazing properties of cilantro aka coriander.

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/health-benefits-of-coriander.html

desmadre1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:23 am

desmadre1 wrote:Last page I read was page 4. So not sure if anyone responded to my initial question on low oxalate greens. Here is a link with some low oxalate greens! : )

http://healthyonraw.com/should-we-eat-greens-high-in-oxalic-acid/

Also, a write up on the amazing properties of cilantro aka coriander.

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/health-benefits-of-coriander.html

Very interesting, I bought some ground coriander (well, it's in a shaker, it's not ground finely enough to be perfect for this topical, but it's alright, kind of like flakes), and I bought a bunch of whole coriander leaves/bunches/whatever you want to call it.  I wonder if you could just eat a branch or two of the whole coriander every day? In addition to adding it to the topical of course.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit on Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:33 am

Of course you can eat cilantro. Really beneficial for heavy metal detoxing.

Growdamnit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 39  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top