FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How to make a face look younger? reverse wrinkles?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: How to make a face look younger? reverse wrinkles?

Post  teacup on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:45 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Biosil and/or other collagen activation substances do work.

It doesn't have to be the expensive patent forms either.

The Carnosine helps probably more than most others on real visible improvements to skin.
I think it's more certain than probably.

MSM topically won't hurt either, but prefer it internally.

Thank you guys, your input is huge help!

* If one is a smoker, what are good things to take to help counteract the smoking effects?
* Is there a risk that the ACV would be too acidic, cause discoloration or irritation?
* Is there any risk with a topical MSM cream?

Here's a comment from iHerb on the MRM MSM cream which caught my eye
"After losing alot of weight my face took a beating!! I tried so hard to get rid of my double chin and I was left with a gaunt wrinkly sort of skin. I lavish this on my face and neck and found a dramatic difference. Now I use on other parts of my body as well!!"

"This MSM cream is excellent for softening and reducing stubborn scar tissue."

more: http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews/MRM-MSM-Cream-4-oz/9040/?p=1

Last edited by teacup on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:05 am; edited 3 times in total
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:49 am

Hairbeback wrote:Any Oils like Coconut oil or Shea butter or Aloe vera? What is Biosil? never heard of it, does it come in capsule form? Is it safe to take? What is it exactly.

I do face brushing too once a week and use coconut oil

Biosil is a supplement that has silica

Collagen is essential for beautiful skin, hair and nails as well as healthy bones and joints. But starting at age 21, collagen diminishes 1% per year. By age 30, the signs become visible. For years, scientists searched for a method to give the human body the ability to regenerate its own collagen. But it took BioSil's landmark discovery of ch-OSA to make it a reality. Its capacity to generate collagen with your own DNA fingerprint makes ch-OSA the genuine breakthrough in collagen.
Nourish Your Body's 3 "Beauty Proteins" - Naturally!
The condition of your skin, hair, and nails depends on three proteins:
Collagen "plumps out" skin, removing wrinkles and preventing them from forming. In addition, collagen is essential for strong, healthy bones and joints.
Keratin is the protein that's packed into your hair shaft. It gives your hair thickness, body, strength, and elasticity. Plus, keratin gives your nails strength.
Elastin gives your skin its ability to stretch and "bounce back" preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
With age, collagen keratin and elastin decline.
BioSil Hair Skin Nails, with clinically proven ch-OSA, is specially formulated to help nourish your body's 3 beauty proteins and restore them to more youthful levels.
http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factors-BioSil-ch-OSA-Advanced-Collagen-Generator-60-Veggie-Caps/23157
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:54 am

ubraj wrote:

Flex Effect being better than Carole Maggio exercises but inclined bed therapy is easier to live with.

Are you referring to the Egyptian inclined bed where your head is elevated up?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:59 am

Delphine wrote:
sanderson wrote:
Delphine wrote:Another thing.  I use Bragg's apple cider vinegar as a toner, works well.  I use it straight on my face
and then mosturizer.  Here's a post from someone who also uses it, although not full strength:
http://tasty-yummies.com/2013/05/22/how-to-make-your-own-apple-cider-vinegar-facial-toner/

ACV is acid.. it literally will destroy your teeth if you don't rinse your mouth out after using it.. it will burn your throat if you drink it at full strength and can cause damage, they even warn to dilute it.. i'm not sure it should be placed on the skin.. albeit even diluted.. do you have any real backing on this or just curezone type info?

So my own experience doesn't count? At the risk of sounding vain, my skin is lovely Very Happy And there are quite a few comments on the article I linked to, no one is reporting
dire effects.  

I don't drink it straight, but I've heard of some who do this with no bad effects.  Am sure you know oil and vinegar is a commonly used salad dressing.

Oh, and here's a thread about using it topically for hair:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=89003

Does it act as an exfoliant? maybe peel off old skin allowing new more elastic skin to grow (now that one is taking nutrients to make better skin) ?
Have you used this on the scalp at all?

What moisturizer do you use?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:56 am

One word of warning about pyncogenol. I prefer grapeseed extract because many people who use pycnogenol will find lesions appearing on their forehead or other places very quickly. Grapeseed extract does not do this.

Also the biosil ch-OSA that tea cup listed is a good one. Clinically proven reduction in lines. Also proven to improve the hair shaft...I took more of an interest in it some years ago when I wasn't worried about losing hair anymore. Silicon is a great way to improve oxygen also.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:11 am

thanks! cheers

I heard some MD some time ago on youtube saying that taking silica will 'scratch' blood vessels, and cause hardening of these vessels, and thus lead to cardiovascular issues / heart disease... I was taking the Hubner orthosilisic acid / silica gel back then and stopped out of worrying about the silica causing something negative, something like aspestos.. irritating the tissue in the GI.  Is this possible?

this is the Hubner one, made from crushed quartz http://www.iherb.com/Naka-Herbs-Vitamins-Ltd-Hubner-Original-Silica-Gel-17-fl-oz-500-ml/24234

i don't remember who it was and i can't find it online anymore.  I don't understand if silica as a nutrient in the blood can cause "any" harm.. this is different than silica dust which i could see being an issue like asbestos is.

how do you like the Hubner option?
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:00 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:One word of warning about pyncogenol. I prefer grapeseed extract because many people who use pycnogenol will find lesions appearing on their forehead or other places very quickly. Grapeseed extract does not do this.

Also the biosil ch-OSA that tea cup listed is a good one. Clinically proven reduction in lines. Also proven to improve the hair shaft...I took more of an interest in it some years ago when I wasn't worried about losing hair anymore. Silicon is a great way to improve oxygen also.

I didn't notice much improvement with biosil.  But it may be that I wasn't absorbing it well back then.  I may give it another go. Yes, silicon is an important and often
overlooked substance that we especially need over age 30.  I do think DE is a good source.  teacup, those statements about the problems with silica sound like BS to me Smile

Interesting what you say about the lesions with pycnogenol.  That side effect did not turn up in a search.  Have you observed it personally?
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:07 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
MSM topically won't hurt either, but prefer it internally.

CS, many thanks!

this might be a stupid question, if so please excuse my ignorance, isnt there sulfur in all protein (foods) and in garlic etc, why is sulfur / MSM useful to add to the regimen? since one gets the sulfur from food?

Delphine wrote:

I didn't notice much improvement with biosil.  But it may be that I wasn't absorbing it well back then.  I may give it another go. Yes, silicon is an important and often
overlooked substance that we especially need over age 30.  I do think DE is a good source.  teacup, those statements about the problems with silica sound like BS to me Smile

Interesting what you say about the lesions with pycnogenol.  That side effect did not turn up in a search.  Have you observed it personally?

with skin health, I think both internal and topical will ensure you feed the skin properly.. if you dont absorb well in the GI then skin absorption / topical is a good way to take in some supplements
teacup

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gates on Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:42 pm

High dose vitamin C and E, consistently. I also second the stabilized silica recommendation. Get plenty of protein in the diet.

Drink only water and stay well hydrated, consistently. I knew a woman that in her 60s had the facial complexion and skin quality of people 25 years younger, and she told me that the biggest factor was that she drank only water. Ever. And lots of it.

Stay away from concentrated amounts of refined/processed sugars. The woman from above also mentioned that she did not eat anything that was sweetened for her almost ever, except the occasional trip to the ice cream joint. She said she preferred to eat sugars when she was the one adding it, in home made foods, for example. And I believe there is something to that.

Besides this, stress reduction and sleep.

Avoid unprotected sun exposure as well. If you are going to spend time outdoors in the sunshine, rub some coconut oil on your skin. The bonds in saturated fats are more difficult to break and it will buffer some of the radiation.

But most of this has to do with damage prevention, not reversal. The micro damage that accumulates over time such as the collagen cross-links that wind up becoming wrinkles are very difficult to reverse once they've been laid down without physically damaging the tissue and disrupting them, which is why things like dermarolling and laser treatment and other light therapies can be beneficial, and could also be included as a regular therapy to improve skin, done within reason.

Gates

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Good info Gates, just a few things...we can protect from sun damage internally as well.
http://rebalancelife.com/2011/07/eat-your-sunscreen/
And there are supplements like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Murad-Pomphenol-Sunguard-Supplement-Pomegrante/dp/B000GDF49S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Also, I'm not so sure we can't reverse wrinkling just with diet and other lifestyle changes. Dr. Benjamin Frank was able to reverse skin aging
with his No-Aging Diet and RNA supplements. I myself have been able to reverse some signs of aging. Agree about stress reduction. Meditation and yoga are good for that.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:31 am

I made the mistake of using fresh and powdered Tumeric paste under my eye area. I guess it is an anti inflammatory and seemed to strip the moisture or something out of the skin, and left the area (hopefully temporarily) with a bunch of new wrinkles. I think the potato juice is doing some re moisturizing, but just have to wait I suppose.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:27 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:One word of warning about pyncogenol. I prefer grapeseed extract because many people who use pycnogenol will find lesions appearing on their forehead or other places very quickly. Grapeseed extract does not do this.
Can you tell us more about that ? When pycnogenol is taken internally, lesions appear ? What kind of lesions ?

Directo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Directo wrote:
Can you tell us more about that ? When pycnogenol is taken internally, lesions appear ? What kind of lesions ?

it's similar to acne and it will last a couple of days. Usually appears on the forehead.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2