Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Cure of all Cures

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Cure of all Cures

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:42 pm

ANewHope wrote:In her book: "Regrowing hair naturally", Vera Peiffer insisted in importance of...relaxing the TMJ, important is she emphasizes the relation between hair loss and jaws.

I'm waiting on my friend to finish creating a website for me to post all the pictures for you guys.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Sage 1 wrote:Now again you guys made me realize why i left this forum.

Do yourself a favor and revisit this thread in one year.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:45 pm

Since there's two theories here, one is relaxing the muscles to not constrict the scalp, and the other is training the muscles to increase blood flow at the risk of tightening the scalp, perhaps the best approach is training the muscles coupled with scalp laxity exercises, so you get the best of both worlds?

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  toolsmakingtools on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Themanofmankind1 wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:hmm was about to start chewing gum to keep my alertness up anyway.

i wonder what you think of people who have tmj tho, like myself.

seems a little presumptuous to declare something the cure of all cures without providing evidence and sample size of 1 tho. still, interesting theory.

I just have a lot of faith man, the pieces fall into place and my hairline is rapidly improving(dont worry I have progress from mid February when it all started). I'm going to have to look into tmj, but I did know it was a possible side effect of extra force by the masseters. I didn't worry about it though. A shot in the dark would be, tmj only occurs because your back teeth do not sit properly?

Faith doesn't exactly cut it in convincing other people or translating to something working for other people, just sayin.

Sorry I meant bruxism, not TMJ. I grind my teeth at night and wake up with the skin on the inside of my cheecks hanging off.

toolsmakingtools

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:02 pm

toolsmakingtools wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:
toolsmakingtools wrote:hmm was about to start chewing gum to keep my alertness up anyway.

i wonder what you think of people who have tmj tho, like myself.

seems a little presumptuous to declare something the cure of all cures without providing evidence and sample size of 1 tho. still, interesting theory.

I just have a lot of faith man, the pieces fall into place and my hairline is rapidly improving(dont worry I have progress from mid February when it all started). I'm going to have to look into tmj, but I did know it was a possible side effect of extra force by the masseters. I didn't worry about it though. A shot in the dark would be, tmj only occurs because your back teeth do not sit properly?

Faith doesn't exactly cut it in convincing other people or translating to something working for other people, just sayin.

Sorry I meant bruxism, not TMJ. I grind my teeth at night and wake up with the skin on the inside of my cheecks hanging off.

You're right faith isn't the end all, be all. I am documenting my progress and once the website is ready to launch(a couple weeks, i hope) I will have the pictures as evidence that it is working. Can you tell me more about bruxism, tell me what you know about it, mainstream info or not.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:08 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:Since there's two theories here, one is relaxing the muscles to not constrict the scalp, and the other is training the muscles to increase blood flow at the risk of tightening the scalp, perhaps the best approach is training the muscles coupled with scalp laxity exercises, so you get the best of both worlds?

Once I post the pictures you can see for yourself how this is working. I also workout and body parts where I tend to get the most "pump" are growing hairs as well. Blood flow is key, scalp laxity does not do much imho. More blood to the hair = growth. Hair follicles to blood as soil/plants to water. If the blood supply is cut off there can be no growth.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Themanofmankind1 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Since there's two theories here, one is relaxing the muscles to not constrict the scalp, and the other is training the muscles to increase blood flow at the risk of tightening the scalp, perhaps the best approach is training the muscles coupled with scalp laxity exercises, so you get the best of both worlds?

Once I post the pictures you can see for yourself how this is working. I also workout and body parts where I tend to get the most "pump" are growing hairs as well. Blood flow is key, scalp laxity does not do much imho. More blood to the hair = growth. Hair follicles to blood as soil/plants to water. If the blood supply is cut off there can be no growth.

Yes but there's more than one way to get the blood there, if this works great, but I'd do it combined with laxity

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:51 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:

Yes but there's more than one way to get the blood there, if this works great, but I'd do it combined with laxity

How about you try this out, and add laxity to it and test this theory john?

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:14 am

I see so many people who chew gums frequently losing hairs. How would you counter this observation?
On the other hand, I do think that jaw strength/structure is related to proper breathing, so breathing may be leading to hypoxia.
Changexpert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:19 am

Changexpert wrote:I see so many people who chew gums frequently losing hairs. How would you counter this observation?
On the other hand, I do think that jaw strength/structure is related to proper breathing, so breathing may be leading to hypoxia.

could be something to that. jaw strength / good tongue posture pulls the maxilla forwards which in turn swings the lower jaw forwards / upwards which means a more open airway, less chance of apnea etc. with a fully developed jaw. if I ever have kids gonna make sure they gets lots of tough chewy food (which won't be hard with my cooking Laughing )
Columbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Slimnuts on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:03 am

I have absolutely massive masseter muscles. Yet I have been thinning in the horseshoe region for 5+ years now. If anything I think having really strong masseters has made the rest of my muscles too tight.

Slimnuts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:28 pm

Slimnuts wrote:I have absolutely massive masseter muscles. Yet I have been thinning in the horseshoe region for 5+ years now. If anything I think having really strong masseters has made the rest of my muscles too tight.

The masseters are the A to get your B which B is represented as the temporalis muscle. Those muscles need to be firing, and your teeth should be in contact with a slight flex when you are asleep. I'm going to be posting pictures soon.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Changexpert wrote:I see so many people who chew gums frequently losing hairs. How would you counter this observation?

Notice how they chew the gum, is it deep and powerful chews or quick snaps of the jaw with minimal temporalis flexing. Also gum is a small tool to speed the process your teeth should be in contact to keep a bit of flex in the temporalis at pretty much all times

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Columbo wrote:

could be something to that. jaw strength / good tongue posture pulls the maxilla forwards which in turn swings the lower jaw forwards / upwards which means a more open airway, less chance of apnea etc. with a fully developed jaw. if I ever have kids gonna make sure they gets lots of tough chewy food (which won't be hard with my cooking Laughing )

Google "good jawlines" and you'll find it difficult to find someone with norwood type balding.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Themanofmankind1 wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Google "good jawlines" and you'll find it difficult to find someone with norwood type balding.

haha, i admire your belief in your theory but I searched for "sexy beards"... guess waht? no baldies. I'm gonna grow a beard Wink

FWIW my guess is that a underdeveloped jaw/maxilla may well cause health / hair problems, it prevents so many functions. but i don't necessarily think that a develop jaw/maxilla will prevent hair loss. but who knows?!
Columbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  australian on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:22 am

Themanofmankind1 wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Eh... Jason Statham? Freddie Ljungberg? Not to blow my own horn but I have a pretty good jawline and alas - I'm thinning in a norwood 2 pattern.

Still, I'm not trying to totally discredit your theory. I'm excited to see your proof of regrown hair.
australian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:06 am

Columbo wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:
Columbo wrote:

haha, i admire your belief in your theory but I searched for "sexy beards"... guess waht? no baldies. I'm gonna grow a beard Wink

FWIW my guess is that a underdeveloped jaw/maxilla may well cause health / hair problems, it prevents so many functions. but i don't necessarily think that a develop jaw/maxilla will prevent hair loss. but who knows?!

LOL! you make a good point. Thankfully having a good jaw isn't the main point of my theory. It's all about flexing the temporalis and keeping it pumping.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:10 am

australian wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:
Columbo wrote:

Eh... Jason Statham? Freddie Ljungberg? Not to blow my own horn but I have a pretty good jawline and alas - I'm thinning in a norwood 2 pattern.

Still, I'm not trying to totally discredit your theory. I'm excited to see your proof of regrown hair.

Thanks for the optimism. And your situation describes mine. I thought about Jason Statham and he fits my theory. When he was younger he was using his temporalis muscles more and now for whatever reason (Ease of access to soft foods because of a rich lifestyle, perhaps?) he uses his temporalis less and is now balding, but his jaw already developed before his balding began. Thats why some people do not lose their hair until they are much older because they begin to stop biting down as hard and the temporalis stops firing as much.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:37 am

There's a program from a site called endhairloss.eu that is basically a really extreme version on Tom Hagerty's exercises, the program is actually in total like 4 hours of various exercises a day to halt hair loss, it focuses on the occipital and frontalis mostly like Tom Hagerty's, but also incorporates some frontalis isolation and even the nose/face, it's pretty interesting.

I'd gladly do these exercises (once you get used to them they're pretty easy) but wonder if they might end up doing more harm than good?

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alphadelta on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:18 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:

dunno if it has been said before but i am thinking one should focus on
relaxing occiptialis, frontalis, muscles around the eyes. because these muscles increase scalp tension and restrict bloodflow when contracted chronically
flexing the temporalis. This muscle even if contracted doesnt result in a tight scalp but would increase the pump and therefore blood flow to the scalp

alphadelta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:05 am

alphadelta wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:

relaxing occiptialis, frontalis, muscles around the eyes. because these muscles increase scalp tension and restrict bloodflow when contracted chronically
flexing the temporalis. This muscle even if contracted doesnt result in a tight scalp but would increase the pump and therefore blood flow to the scalp

How do you flex the temporalis? I'm really good at flexing the occips and frontalis but never thought about the temporalis. It's not as simple as wiggling your ears is it? That's the occipital.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:39 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
alphadelta wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:

How do you flex the temporalis?  I'm really good at flexing the occips and frontalis but never thought about the temporalis.  It's not as simple as wiggling your ears is it?  That's the occipital.

Clench your teeth and feel your temples bulge. Those are your temporalis and that is how you flex them.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 am

alphadelta wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
Themanofmankind1 wrote:

Ever notice how the mpb pattern is always that horse-shoe shape pattern? It's neglecting the temporalis(which run on the side of the head in similar horse-shoe pattern) that eventually cause them to atrophy meaning less blood required for the muscle and less muscle over-all being sent to the scalp.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:01 am

How does this theory explain the fact that women are way less prone to balding? Do they naturally have strong jaw?
Changexpert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Themanofmankind1 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:14 am

Changexpert wrote:How does this theory explain the fact that women are way less prone to balding? Do they naturally have strong jaw?

If you ever take the time to notice, you will notice some women have thick hair and others you can see a lot of scalp when they part their hair down the middle. Women just do not have as much DHT as men so the effects are not as adverse. But women with high DHT levels will have noticeable thinner hair.

Themanofmankind1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top