FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Setipiprant - The Next Big Thing? So what could be its potential side effects?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setipiprant - The Next Big Thing? So what could be its potential side effects?

Post  MikeGore on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:42 am

I thought it would be a good idea to open a new thread for this one, since IMO many will likely start using this.

Given that it is still in the experimental phase, and knowing what we know about its pharmacological mechanism (which is very limited) what could be the potential, unforeseen side effects of using something like this that is a CRTH2 antagonist and blocks PGD2? Let's put our heads together and come up with a list.

What worries me is if at the end people start using this and people get unexpected side effects like minoxidil and propecia did, even if to a lesser extent. Cause I'm sure none of us want to mess up our bodies after going natural for such a long time.

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Setipiprant - The Next Big Thing? So what could be its potential side effects?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:44 am

it doesn't exist

you can look on every forum, website, google search and keyword, you won't find it

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Setipiprant - The Next Big Thing? So what could be its potential side effects?

Post  australian on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:21 am

This is from the wikipedia page...

• PGD2 causes a contraction of the bronchial airways. Its concentration in asthma patients is 10 times higher than in control patients, especially after it is brought into contact with allergens.

• It is involved in the regulation of reducing body temperature in sleep, and acts opposite to PGE2.

• It causes vasodilation.

• Elevated levels of PGD2 and PGD2 synthase in scalp hair follicles may be partially responsible for male pattern baldness.[4]

• PGD2 also plays a part in male sexual development. It forms a feedforward loop with Sox9, which is activated by the SRY of the Y chromosome. PGD2, in a different feedforward loop than FGF9, helps keep the level of SOX9 high enough to activate other genes, such as Fgf9 and Sf1, which are necessary for the development of the male reproductive system [7]

Looks like there could be some pretty serious side effects. Maybe using it topically on the scalp would prevent these?
australian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  australian on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:25 am

The wikipedia page for PGD2, that is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostaglandin_D2

So I'm no expert but seems like the side effects could be low blood pressure and difficulty sleeping. Don't know about the development of the male reproductive system - is that the kind of thing that would only effect men in puberty?

It's interesting that there's a link between asthma patients and PGD2. I used to get asthma when I was a kid.
australian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:50 am

maybe he was a snake oiler all along

made a big speech in 2012 saying they can solve baldness,

disappears without a trace

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  australian on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Well, at least we have guys like you with your amazing 'you only hair loss options' or 'what does and what doesn't work' threads to save us then.
australian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:45 am

well thank you

I actually have mentioned kyth-105 before on other forums and in that thread, including his youtube seminars

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:37 am

There's a long-running joke on other forums that the cure is only 5 yrs away. I would try setipiprant as a topical. I wonder just how far away it really is to be released. I know you can buy it in "group buys" but I wouldn't trust its safety before it is gov't approved.

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:15 am

Setipiprant's "side-effects reported in trials were: dry mouth, nausea, somnolence, hepatic enzyme elevation, and anxiety. A more serious side effect reported was cholelithiasis." - quote comes from some slideshow from Kythera. I've seen the slideshow, but can't find its location again at the moment. That very verbatim quote was also included here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/3c5u03/introduction_and_overview_on_setipiprant_a/

magic_gro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:18 am

magic_gro wrote:Setipiprant's "side-effects reported in trials were: dry mouth, nausea, somnolence, hepatic enzyme elevation, and anxiety. A more serious side effect reported was cholelithiasis." - quote comes from some slideshow from Kythera. I've seen the slideshow, but can't find its location again at the moment. That very verbatim quote was also included here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/3c5u03/introduction_and_overview_on_setipiprant_a/

The quote came from that reddit page, and was just drawing conclusions from the following table on slide 12 of this deck:
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMDA-MFNLA/4023632629x0x817836/4E5AC47A-B9EE-4296-9D97-631C0F6B7C97/KYTH-105_setipiprant_.pdf
magic_gro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:10 am

There is no cure for baldness

Everything in the body is connected, it's a whole body thing,

There is no one gel that cures it.

You need radical lifestyle change and dietary change, with pro metabolic/longevity supplements.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:23 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:There is no cure for baldness

Everything in the body is connected, it's a whole body thing,

There is no one gel that cures it.

You need radical lifestyle change and dietary change, with pro metabolic/longevity supplements.

Time will tell if it's a cure for baldness or not.

Finasteride is a cure for baldness.

Setipiprant might be a better cure for baldness.

Radical lifestyle change and dietary change might be the best cure for baldness.

If Setipiprant were just as effective as Finasteride and without serious sides, we can already cheer for that a lot of young kids will stop severely messing themself up.

I don't want to delude myself, but you cannot *yet* say Setipiprant is not a cure.
magic_gro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:24 pm

There's still the hope of stem cell technology for hair growth. But that is probably more than 5 yrs away.

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:41 am

i think we can safely say in 100 years it will probably be cured without a doubt. think about the changes from the 1800s until today. 2100s will definitely have a cure. hopefully it will be sooner though.
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:32 am

australian wrote:This is from the wikipedia page...

• PGD2 causes a contraction of the bronchial airways. Its concentration in asthma patients is 10 times higher than in control patients, especially after it is brought into contact with allergens.

• It is involved in the regulation of reducing body temperature in sleep, and acts opposite to PGE2.

• It causes vasodilation.

• Elevated levels of PGD2 and PGD2 synthase in scalp hair follicles may be partially responsible for male pattern baldness.[4]

• PGD2 also plays a part in male sexual development. It forms a feedforward loop with Sox9, which is activated by the SRY of the Y chromosome. PGD2, in a different feedforward loop than FGF9, helps keep the level of SOX9 high enough to activate other genes, such as Fgf9 and Sf1, which are necessary for the development of the male reproductive system [7]

Looks like there could be some pretty serious side effects. Maybe using it topically on the scalp would prevent these?

If PGD2 causes vasolidation isn't it a bad thing to block this? For hair growth and other health. It may even  cause bad skin to develop, no?

Also, if it is important in the development of male sexual characteristics, blocking this can't be good. Probably will have gyno or pseudo-gyno inducing effects. Is it not for this reason that many finasteride users have a lot of problems that is hard to reverse?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:41 pm

Is there a natural alternative to Setipiprant? A herbal supplement that acts through the same pathways and whose mechanism of action is similar?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:56 am

What has happened with Setipiprant? I thought this was something promising.

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top