Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

JAK inhibitors - INCREDIBLE hair growth

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: JAK inhibitors - INCREDIBLE hair growth

Post  Biffy on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:03 am

Changexpert wrote:I agree with CS. Capsaicin from peppers initiates TRPV1 pathway which ultimately increases TGF-B. I used to love spicy food, but now I try to stay away from them because my scalp itches so much after eating it these days.

You got the itch just by sprinkling some cayenne on your food? I use cayenne on my foods from time to time and I don't think i get the similar reaction as you.

Biffy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 am

Have to say you guys are into some serious science, a bit more than I took time to really dissect properly.  I want to say a few the simplistic things from my understanding.
   Suppressing  the immune system inflammation response seems like chasing symptoms rather than cause.  It is like anti fever or anti histamine treatments.  There is usually a justified and beneficial reason that the body has a high temperature or is flushing out an irritant .  
  The reason in my mind that the body would protect the skin and blood in the MPB area is that that area shares blood with the brain. If swelling and inflammation was closing off the hair shafts, it may be done for protection, like the dangers of dental bacteria polluting the entire body.
  When a disease is labeled auto-immune it implies that the body is attacking it's self. This may be the case, but like a dog with mange and fleas, weakened tissue can take on new infections and immune responses .
  So my direction of thought is to firstly rule out any external tissue degraders. Parasites like demodex mites, foods that might make the sebum or skin attractive to bacteria, poor circulation, nutritional deficiencies, and other things we talk about on the forums.
 I hear about some foods like cayenne causing itch. I theorize that possibly the oils or liquid (sebum) are being made to taste too spicy for the demodex mites and they are biting into the tissue for blood (hence the itching).  I live in Thailand and it is truly remarkable the effect of spicy food to negate bacterial body odor, and in general they have great hair for a shaky diet of rice and fried foods.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  invinoveritas on Wed May 11, 2016 7:42 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:invinoveritas - Yes, would stick to the seed extract instead of the oil.

I finally got some seeds. Can you explain why there is a difference in terms of omega-6 between the seed and the oil. Would making a tea out of the seeds be better then using the oil topically?

invinoveritas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rudiger on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:27 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Changexpert wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:the worst part is that the oil itself is high in pro-inflammatory omega-6...I speak from experience trying only the oil.
Do you have studies for this CS? In which pathways does omega-6 (PUFA) work to cause inflammation? Is it PGD2? TRPV1? Or some other pathways?

Linoleic acid 55.6%

http://www.probotanic.com/pdf_istrazivanja/crni_kumin/Hemijski%20sastav%20ulja%20crnog%20kumina.pdf

Prostaglandins Leukot Med. 1985 Mar;17(3):319-27.
Docosahexaenoic acid (C22:6 omega 3) and linoleic acid are anti-aggregatory, and alter arachidonic acid metabolism in human platelets.
Srivastava KC.

Effects of various concentrations (12.5-500 uM) of linoleic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (C22:6 omega 3)(sod. salt) were examined on the platelet metabolism of labelled arachidonate (AA) under two different incubation conditions. In the first platelets were pretreated with either fatty acid prior to incubation with labelled AA; and in the second incubation platelets were incubated with a mixture containing a fatty acid (linoleic acid or DHA) and labelled AA. At all concentrations the two fatty acids reduced the formation of TxB2. At lower concentrations (up to 200 uM) the fatty acids inhibited platelet cyclooxygenase as shown by a reduced formation of prostaglandins (PGs) and TxB2. At higher concentrations (400 and 500 uM), however, the fatty acids behaved differently. Although TxB2 formation was reduced, there was observed an increased formation of PGs. In DHA pretreated platelets only PGE2 increased (to double control values). Platelets pretreated with linoleic acid produced increased amounts of all PGs (PGF2 alpha, PGE2, PGD2), and this effect was greatest for PGE2 which increased by 5-6 fold of control values. DHA showed a dose-dependent inhibition of platelet aggregation induced by arachidonate, epinephrine and collagen.

So topical DHA could regrow hair via PGE2? And maybe even topical linoleic acid, assuming the PGD2 doesn't impede growth. But the PGE2 is a lot higher so maybe the PGD2 increase wouldn't be harmful.

Rudiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2