Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Supplements to Boosts Intelligence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supplements to Boosts Intelligence

Post  MikeGore on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:06 am

I've come across this quite recently, and it looks quite interesting.

I knew they always refer to these as nootropics, just wasn't bothered to look into it much.

But what effectiveness do such supplements have? And are they safe to use? I've come across Aniracetam, Noopept, Pramiracetam. I haven't looked into these yet, but they sound like prescription drugs. Are they artificial and dangerous? Anyone know any better?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Supplements to Boosts Intelligence

Post  australian on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Heard of phenibut? I only did recently and haven't tried it myself, but maybe you should look into it. Seems to be able to boost concentration and confidence.
australian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:28 pm

I guess not many have much to share about this.

Been feeling down lately. I do some of the most silly things and simple mistakes, I don't know why. Is there some scientific medical reason that people do stupid things that are not hard to grasp or am I just dumb?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:04 pm

b12 is an easy way of getting some mental clarity.

i wouldnt trust the compounds you mentioned. what happens when you stop taking it?
rofl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Beebrox on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:09 am

Any better than those substances is IMO watch for food sensitivities and hidden toxicity, meanwhile repairing the deficiencies and damage at cellular level. Raising oxygen levels and repairing blood flow is essential for brain performance as well. So are some basic longevity tools as improving quality of sleep, exercise and overall stress management. It has no doubt to be an individualized approach; that said these are some ideas i'd put my money on:

- MSM and methylation
- Thyroid and Iodine
- Exerciese, sleep and glyphatic system
- Infections AND dental/gut effects on it
- chelation and dealing with environmental pollutants
- restoring membrane potential, dealing with oxidative stress
- restoring blood flow and dealing with plaque and posture defects
- gut flora variability
- mitochondrial enhancers as ALA, carnitine
- stimulants - caffeine, green tea, curcumin and PEMF
- proper B vitamin supplementation

Beebrox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:44 am

theanine

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Changexpert on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 am

There are a lot of nootropics (supplements for brain) out in the market, but the efficacy usually declines with the continual use, so you have to cycle them on and off. Most of nootropics increase the need for acetylcholine, so choline or PC is usually taken together as a stack. I personally would not take anything to just boost brain function without addressing potential health issues first.

Is there a pattern between when you make dumb mistakes and what activities you were engaged in the day before? For instance, intense exercise will lead to fatigue and increased prolactin level. With increased prolactin level, your body needs to rest to recover, and so it will simply refuse to work. Fapping results in the same pattern due to increased prolactin level, which can last up to 14 days.

Besides neurotransmitters and prolactin, I am sure there are a lot more biological chemicals that influence brain's function. Gut health is definitely one of them, although this one is a tough to diagnose and treat. Decreased T level and/or increased estrogen level can also be a cause.
Changexpert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:06 am

I think Beebrox hit on the crux of the issue.

I've been taking the same "nootropic" since 2004 (11 years now), that being stabilized R-Lipoic acid & Acetyl L-Carnitine, each of these does help with hair growth to some extent.

It helps by increasing adenine which delays an aging dermal papilla and this is one of the mechanism by which DHT uses to disarm a follicle. And it reduces oxidative stress.

Exp Dermatol. 2015 Oct 18. doi: 10.1111/exd.12881. [Epub ahead of print]
Adenine supplement delays senescence in cultured human follicle dermal papilla cells.

No Abstract available 

Also some are helped by this (due to its focus effects).

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-NADH-10-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/22232

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 am

Thanks for your input guys.

I've been feeling very down lately.

Have you ever felt, that you have been criticized so much that you just don't know what to do and how to be anymore? That's how I feel. I'm starting think that there is something fundamentally wrong with me. And I already had low self-esteem issues. To be honest, I've never thought this badly about myself in the past. I've had reasonably good grades as a student both in high school and uni. But lately, feel like I just don't get things or understand explanations easily. Now when I look back, I do remember going through some similar things at school, but never considered it anything serious. Perhaps its because I am surrounded by very smart people that I am starting to feel stupid. But I am starting to feel too depressed and overwhelmed. For instance, I've been alive for around three decades yet it seems that I am only realizing this now. And wondering is this not the normal way to be? Aren't most people like that? For example, at work, we have a lot of hard workers, who seem to be focused 99% of the time, yet I feel more like focusing 70% of the time. The rest of the 30% my focus drifts in and out of other things, or simply not focus onto anything particular but just stare into space because I feel tired of thinking/working. Yet it seems people demand that you are focused 99% of the time and that you are constantly occupied by something.

So, I've started to wonder if I suffer from ADD all this time and not know it. Also thinking about this, a little annoyed if this is the case, howcome no doctor ever told me about this?

I think I also may be suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome and brain fog. I didn't even know what brain fog was before, but then it hit me. What if what I am experiencing is what people call brain fog? But it also made me wonder, if brain fog and ADD are diseases have I not been experiencing life as a normal human being all this time? This thought is deeply depressing. It means I am abnormal, inferior and all this time have been living a partial life. Almost like a defective product.

Here is what I experience from time to time; I feel like I am still sleeping or want to sleep inside. My eyes are unfocused, my attention shifts inside and I feel almost a nice feeling of lethargy in my chest and upon my eyes. When people see me at that time, most people think I am thinking about something or just distracted about something. The thing is, I am not thinking about anything. I just feel tired. But I have never thought this to be an issue, or anything abnormal, since I assumed (my entire life) that most people feel tired at one point and shift their attention off.

So is this what people mean by brain fog? Do I have ADD? Is there anything I can do about it?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:44 am

Hi MikeGore,

How long have the symptoms been present?

How is your quality of sleep?

Do you get to bed easily?

How are you feeling upon waking up?

What's your regimen if any?
NYJets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:34 am

MikeGore - Terms like ADD, ADHD, etc. are all made up terms (more of a description that a true diagnosis). 

However, the terms might be rooted in truth (a deficient in ATP/Adenosine triphosphate).

Not a big surprise, but some who have hair loss issues suffer from this and other related issues sometimes.

I do not take this, however it can be a natural way to boost that ATP - NADH

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:54 am

Thanks for your posts guys. Really appreciate it.

NYJets - The odd thing is, I wouldn't even call them symptoms. But hypothetically if what I am feeling is not normal I guess its been like that since high school. But as I mentioned this isn't a continuous thing and is strongly associated with the mood I am in. Most importantly I think it is affected by my anxieties or better said anxiety disorder. Obviously, if you are the type of person that feel anxious when talking to people, or when people explain things, you are not going to understand things very clearly. But tbh, I never considered myself as having ADD. In fact whenever I heard the term, my understanding was that such people would have much difficulty even going to school.

But to answer your questions.

I don't get to bed easily. I go pretty late most of the time and sleep 5 - 7 hours.

I do feel it difficult to get up.

I have been taking colostrum and C60 Olive Oil recently. But I do not think it is related to these, since I've just started using them more regularly and the comments made were prior to taking taking these supplements consistently.

CS, Changeexpert - Thanks for the info. CS, ironically I did get an NAD+ supplement, but I ran out of it three months ago.

Since people hardly ever talk about how they function and what is going through their heads, its hard to bring this up to people that one works with. But for the sake of my sanity I need to know your opinion of a few things.

In my previous post I mentioned what I experienced from time to time. Upon reading it, I think it sounds so much worse than it actually is, because it is so descriptive.

Do you think it is not normal to be distracted? To think of other things while working? Obviously this is not a constant thing. It changes like the waves of the sea. And its never is so bad that it prevents work. But I do think it can slow down work.

And this is exactly the point that is bugging me. Are people expected to be focused 90% of the time entirely on their job, even in their thoughts in most work places?

I mean if being distracted by thoughts and working at 70% focus is considered ADD, than probably the entire world suffers from it, except Buddhist monks who have trained their minds.

Do most people work from 9 to lunch break completely immersed in their work and then from lunch break to 5pm remaining focused on their job? By this I don't mean, getting up from my desk and not doing work, no. I mean, personally I don't like it when I cause myself mental fatigue and tense myself mentally too much while at work. I don't tend to get up from my seat for long hours in fact, and I am able to get work done.

Level of attention is a relative term, and its very difficult to explain cognitive experience.

Would be great to get some feedback from others. Like do you think its normal or do I have ADD?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:57 am

MikeGore - What you are describing seems prevalent within MPB. What I am saying that is that over the years, there is a definite grouping that experience the concentration/focus issues to different extremes. Part of resolving that also resolves the hair....it's connected. Everyone is different, but within that population it's quite connected.

CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:51 am

To follow up on the theme of common ailments of MPB sufferers, I will add that demodex mites are something that should be treated as a priority.  They are common parasites that die in the skin/scalp and leave bacteria, toxins, and feces. The scalp shares blood with the brain. As with dental bacteria effecting the entire body, I believe that these parasites effect a person especially with degraded scalp skin, and their numbers may be at a critical level. There are various ways to treat for them including tea tree oil.
   Ok now I will step over the edge a bit, but it comes from real life experience. Some people said love it or leave it to normal life... I left it behind years ago. I have been an expat officially for 12 years now, and along with the others I meet,  we would never want to go back.
  To be a bit graphic to illustrate, so many guys have commented that they were previously struggling with erectile dysfunction.  Then they moved to a country where the women were  inspiring and amazing, the problem disappeared.
  To not be interested in a boring pointless job or life is a normal healthy thing. The danger is in the delusion that the rat race is really important, or trying to find inspiration with dead end thinkers.
  I am not a life coach, it is just a big world out there with many opportunities.  Not too hard with a 4 year degree to make $2000+ USD a month teaching English, and live in a country that salary lets you live well and save $ every month. The world has changed a lot over the last 10 years and there are many countries where the standard of living is far better than the USA or most of Europe.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:03 am

I was doing some research on prolactin effects on mood and how it is like a hangover from high happy times. High prolactin can make people irritable,  not motivated, or even depressed.
   Of course prolactin is suspected to contribute to MPB . Dopamine is a happy motivating brain chemical that inhibits prolactin levels.
   I looked up natural ways to increase dopamine levels in life. The  first thing listed is discover new things that interest you.

http://helloendless.com/10-ways-to-increase-dopamine-to-boost-your-productivity/

other interesting reading

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/neurosex.html   sex and prolactin
http://naturalhealthbag.com/high-prolactin-levels/

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top