Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  MiamiSteve on Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:16 pm

Interesting thread on berberine and hair growth.
Sound like berberine is something that inhibits Jak3 ?
Anyone care to weigh in?

Here's the supplement the person used:
Good State Glycox 500 with Berberine HCL 500mg, 120 Veggie Capsules
http://www.goodstate.com/glycox-500-with-berberine-hcl-500-mg-120-veggie-capsules-120.html
berberine also comes in natural form as well as opposed to the HCL version

here is the thread
http://www.alopeciaworld.com/forum/topics/berberine-supplement?id=2022678%3ATopic%3A1217878

MiamiSteve

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:24 am

MiamiSteve wrote:Interesting thread on berberine and hair growth.
Sound like berberine is something that inhibits Jak3 ?
Anyone care to weigh in?

Here's the supplement the person used:
Good State Glycox 500 with Berberine HCL 500mg, 120 Veggie Capsules
http://www.goodstate.com/glycox-500-with-berberine-hcl-500-mg-120-veggie-capsules-120.html
berberine also comes in natural form as well as opposed to the HCL version

here is the thread
http://www.alopeciaworld.com/forum/topics/berberine-supplement?id=2022678%3ATopic%3A1217878
If Berberine works for this, it does help neutralize infectious bacteria.

I've been experimenting with a JAK/Stat inhibitor for 3 years now. However, unlike the others, it also inhibits 5-AR and is good for AGA (not just the alopecia areata). http://www.iherb.com/Dragon-Herbs-Standardized-Scute-500-mg-Each-100-Veggie-Caps/55598

A good balance of vitamin D3 and vitamin A can inhibit cytokine production and better regulate the JAK-STAT pathway also.

Jak2 function is interesting: The above link handles JAK2, which regulates the renin aldosterone system, a real factor in AGA.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3881601/figure/F2/

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11874
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  Changexpert on Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:53 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I've been experimenting with a JAK/Stat inhibitor for 3 years now. However, unlike the others, it also inhibits 5-AR and is good for AGA (not just the alopecia areata). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3881601/figure/F2/

CS - What do you think is the mechanism of JAK inhibitor for hair regrowth in AA patients? I've done a little research on JAK/STAT pathway and found out that JAK/STAT pathway activates androgen receptors (http://www.jbc.org/content/277/9/7076.long). Inhibition of JAK/STAT pathway would result in less frequent activation of androgen receptors (AR), which may potentially produce similar results as blocking DHT conversion.

Besides AR activation, is there some other mechanism that JAK/STAT can help with AA hair loss?

In case of elevated aldosterone, what about people with hypotension? My pressure actually has been dropping gradually lately.
avatar
Changexpert

Posts : 199
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  bocor on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:18 am

What about this topically? Molecular weight is only 330 so should penetrate...

bocor

Posts : 252
Join date : 2009-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:37 am

Regulation of cytokines for AA. Because everyone is different, I have observed many who have hypertension & hypotension. And in those camps, there are different reasons for it. 

Also the JAK/Stat pathway have their own types, for example, aldosterone stimulates activity of ACE through a JAK2.

In all in JAK is involved in all the steroid hormones, and optimizing the nutritional and "sun-vitamin" co-factors help with immune system regulation. 

In short, I think the problem with the pharmaceutical approach is too focused on the specific pathways and not enough on how to allow the body to function properly.

Alopecia areata usually have gut motility problems.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11874
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  Changexpert on Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:29 pm

bocor wrote:What about this topically? Molecular weight is only 330 so should penetrate...
Topical sounds like your best friend. Have you tried litsea glutinosa? That is one thing I may be trying out.
avatar
Changexpert

Posts : 199
Join date : 2015-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  bocor on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:56 am

Actually I did try that product from Thailand for a few weeks it seemed really watered down not potent enough for our needs however a more concentrated extract might be of use for now I will try berberine have it ordered

bocor

Posts : 252
Join date : 2009-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  MiamiSteve on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:07 am

Changexpert wrote:
bocor wrote:What about this topically? Molecular weight is only 330 so should penetrate...
Topical sounds like your best friend. Have you tried litsea glutinosa? That is one thing I may be trying out.

do you think this product would mix with minoxidil?
Good State Glycox 500 with Berberine HCL 500mg, 120 Veggie Capsules
http://www.goodstate.com/glycox-500-with-berberine-hcl-500-mg-120-veggie-capsules-120.html

MiamiSteve

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  MikeGore on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:16 am

Hi all,

I've just bought that Dragon Herbs Standardized Scute. Hope it will will thicken up and regrow my hair.

CS, you mentioned you are using this. Seen any effects yet?

MikeGore

Posts : 415
Join date : 2010-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:02 am

MikeGore wrote:Hi all,

I've just bought that Dragon Herbs Standardized Scute. Hope it will will thicken up and regrow my hair.

CS, you mentioned you are using this. Seen any effects yet?

I've been using it for 3-years (since 2012) as part of a long-term experiment. Oddly not long after that some positive research came out...My hair did do better, so perhaps no coincidence.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11874
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  Biffy on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:42 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
MikeGore wrote:Hi all,

I've just bought that Dragon Herbs Standardized Scute. Hope it will will thicken up and regrow my hair.

CS, you mentioned you are using this. Seen any effects yet?

I've been using it for 3-years (since 2012) as part of a long-term experiment. Oddly not long after that some positive research came out...My hair did do better, so perhaps no coincidence.

What is the reason you don't include it in you regimen? Thanks.

Biffy

Posts : 283
Join date : 2013-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:15 am

Biffy wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:
MikeGore wrote:Hi all,

I've just bought that Dragon Herbs Standardized Scute. Hope it will will thicken up and regrow my hair.

CS, you mentioned you are using this. Seen any effects yet?

I've been using it for 3-years (since 2012) as part of a long-term experiment. Oddly not long after that some positive research came out...My hair did do better, so perhaps no coincidence.

What is the reason you don't include it in you regimen? Thanks.

I think of it as a temporary aid. So it's not necessary to take forever. The JAK-stat pathway is more of a immune regulation issue. Even though this does address the androgen receptor. It's more of a temporary option. Now approaching the 5th year, I have only used it sporadically and to save money virtually not at all. I believe it really helped in the beginning.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11874
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Jak3 inhibitor Berberine? CS any thoughts?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum