Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Explain to me the science of oils.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Explain to me the science of oils.

Post  Growdamnit on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:42 am

I have been only eating coconut oil and olive oil when I am in control of the situation (Cooking home, specifically asking for my food to be cooked in them.)

Now, from a scientific standpoint, explain to me why every other oil is bad for the body. Why are olive and coconut oil so good for the body? Just enlighten me.

Growdamnit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Explain to me the science of oils.

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:08 am

unsaturated oil lowers body temperature, and therefore lowers metabolism

example of high metabolism- child regrows end of finger after it is cut off.

they (corn oil, sunflower oil) also raise

estrogen
serotonin
prolactin - hair loss causer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngdmdtrwyas

also raises pgd2, which causes baldness

olive oil is questionable, I personally have never found a use for it.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maple donut on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:43 am

if you really care to get to the root of this you will leave this forum now and enter into a long and contentious world of edible food oils as polemecized all across the internet.

there is no simple way to categorize them, each and every fatty acid serves a different purpose in the human body. all that omega-3 vs.omega 6/ saturated vs. unsaturated is western political simplistic garbage meant to deceive you as a customer. the details are way more intricate than that.

to make matters worse we live in the modernest of times where a great deal of what we eat has come highly processed and run a high risk of rancidity, let alone its rampant prevalence.

bottom line: olive oil, palm, coconut (all unrefined and cold pressed) are staple veggie oils, and most animal fats are good. stay away from the grain/seed oils.
good luck on yr own research

read Sally Fallon (i.e.Nourishing Traditions)

maple donut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:18 am

maple donut wrote:if you really care to get to the root of this you will leave this forum now and enter into a long and contentious world of edible food oils as polemecized all across the internet.

there is no simple way to categorize them, each and every fatty acid serves a different purpose in the human body. all that omega-3 vs.omega 6/ saturated vs. unsaturated is western political simplistic garbage meant to deceive you as a customer. the details are way more intricate than that.

to make matters worse we live in the modernest of times where a great deal of what we eat has come highly processed and run a high risk of rancidity, let alone its rampant prevalence.

bottom line: olive oil, palm, coconut (all unrefined and cold pressed) are staple veggie oils, and most animal fats are good. stay away from the grain/seed oils.
good luck on yr own research

read Sally Fallon (i.e.Nourishing Traditions)

You say unrefined coconut oil. I think Roddy and Peat recommend refined Coconut oil, as far as I can remember. Am I wrong on this?

I use a coconut oil by Biona which has been made odorless via a light steaming production technique. The only reason I buy this is it's £2 to £3 cheaper than the organic version, and comes from a reputable company. From memory, I think Peat said that refined C.O. was preferable to organic because too many people have food sensitivities or allergies... If I have remembered this incorrectly, feel free to say anyone.

ElmoSuper8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:49 pm

virgin coconut oil may have salicylates

refined KTC oil for example strips out the odor and other impurities

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content