FAQ
 Search

Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  Jay07 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:26 pm

Hello,

I'm 22, I've been doing detumescence therapy for the last two years. I think it's a really good method it's helped me a lot and I have maintained what I have (NW 2/2.5) but have not regrown any hair except maybe some vellus hairs.

I will continue doing DT. But I am now considering propecia, I have done a lot of research and in young men it seems there's a good chance of regrowth at the front (which is what I want). I'm obviously terrified of the side effects but it's only in 2% I believe?

I was hoping to get some of your thoughts? Or maybe some last minute reasons not to go on propecia before I take the leap?

Would really appreciate any contributions

Thanks

Jay07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  Maines on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:07 am

i heard its best to apply fin / dut topically, if mixed correctly, it shouldnt have any sides. dont ask me about details, i havent done it myself and i dont know. besides, i dont think that this will grow back your receeded hairline. also i think this is the wrong forum to ask Smile

Maines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piranha on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:45 am

[quote="Jay07"]Hello,

I'm 22, I've been doing detumescence therapy for the last two years. I think it's a really good method it's helped me a lot and I have maintained what I have (NW 2/2.5) but have not regrown any hair except maybe some vellus hairs.

I will continue doing DT. But I am now considering propecia, I have done a lot of research and in young men it seems there's a good chance of regrowth at the front (which is what I want). I'm obviously terrified of the side effects but it's only in 2% I believe?

I was hoping to get some of your thoughts? Or maybe some last minute reasons not to go on propecia before I take the leap?

Thanks[/quote]

I don't think propecia is a good choice for hairline there are lots of horror stories about it makine the hairline recede but well its said to be working for the crown even by people who said it made harm to their hairline, have you considered using spiro or zinc+b6?
and can you give some info about your dt journey, your technique, shedding maybe or even some pics

piranha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:15 am

Hello

I DO take pharmaceutical drugs, even though this forum is for natural alternatives. not every pharma drug is terrible, but most will be.

Here is what I would say . Instead of blocking DHT, block prolactin.

The following medication can do this

lisuride
Bromocriptine
Dostinex
cyproheptadine is also very safe

Will be safer than propecia. Tell your doctor you want to reduce prolactin and thought the above could help

This forum does not believe the DHT theory, does not recommend Saw Palmetto, nettles, beta sitosterol, or Propecia because hair loss will be caused by pgd2 from unsaturated oils, and a high prolactin level which pulls calcium out of the bones.

That's it.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:20 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:Hello

I DO take pharmaceutical drugs, even though this forum is for natural alternatives. not every pharma drug is terrible, but most will be.

lisuride
Bromocriptine
Dostinex

Will be safer than propecia. Tell your doctor you want to reduce prolactin and thought the above could help

This forum does not believe the DHT theory, does not recommend Saw Palmetto, nettles, beta sitosterol, or Propecia because hair loss will be caused by pgd2 from unsaturated oils, and a high prolactin level which pulls calcium out of the bones.

That's it.

At least you have confidence in your own theory, but maybe you should end your sentences by this is my own theory also instead of thatīs it?
When i put my snake oil here i said at least it worked for me, and by the comments it seems to works for some but no results for others.

You should know by now how the industry works, since it has to be proven by trials alone as a "cure", and for me hair loss is a treatment.
And now the hype is pgd2 and castor oil, from a guy that already uses the common drugs.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:22 am

Jay07 wrote:Hello,

Thanks

Hi Jay, what is your DT technique? Do you religiously do the 20min 2x/day?

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:57 am

True.

But I have confidence in the pharma industry, at least their drugs do what they say,

even if you wanted to wrongly block DHT,

block prolactin,

or do something else , at least pharma drugs work, and in fact they may help if you have been abusing your body for 20 years, I don't think a good diet is good enough to reset the body

Aspirin will block pgd2 by 86%, and secondly, I hate topical oils,

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:24 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:True.

But I have confidence in the pharma industry, at least their drugs do what they say,

even if you wanted to wrongly block DHT,

block prolactin,

or do something else , at least pharma drugs work, and in fact they may help if you have been abusing your body for 20 years, I don't think a good diet is good enough to reset the body

So why do you think they work?
Lets say the drugs do what they intend to, but somehow there is always the risk of sides due itīs false approach towards our body since it docent know how to handle it, and therefore the industry and you will always try to find solutions to fool it.

Could it possibly be that there is no interest towards natural treatments, since they canīt patent it and therefore no money gain?
I stopped using supplements of any kind, and my health, hair is back to normal as it should be.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:29 am

What are you asking ?

I believe the problem is not big pharma drugs, but simply people who take the wrong ones for the wrong reasons - Propecia.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  piranha on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:31 am

"I was hoping to get some of your thoughts?" lets not get off topic

piranha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:41 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:What are you asking ?

I believe the problem is not big pharma drugs, but simply people who take the wrong ones for the wrong reasons - Propecia.

Could you elaborate what iīm asking and people who take the wrong ones?

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:00 am

simply put, DHT isn't causing hair loss for most people, so don't take propecia.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:38 am

For what it's worth, hell no, avoid Propecia.

So many side effects and not really worth the -POSSIBLE- gains in hair.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Maines wrote:i heard its best to apply fin / dut topically, if mixed correctly, it shouldnt have any sides. dont ask me about details, i havent done it myself and i dont know. besides, i dont think that this will grow back your receeded hairline. also i think this is the wrong forum to ask Smile

I'll look into that, thanks Smile

Jay07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:16 pm

piranha wrote:

Thanks

I don't think propecia is a good choice for hairline there are lots of horror stories about it makine the hairline recede but well its said to be working for the crown even by people who said it made harm to their hairline, have you considered using spiro or zinc+b6?
and can you give some info about your dt journey, your technique, shedding maybe or even some pics

I don't know much about spiro...?

Yeah I started DT two years ago, I was orignally do the BB brushing, but switched over to DT and have been following the technique religiously, its help made my scalp feel healthy I don't get any scalp itch or anything and I have pretty much maintained what I have since I started.

My technique is essentially massaging all over to get the blood to the scalp, then I pinch all around and then really knead hard in my loss areas. I can make my hair go greasy after a good session. I do this twice 20 mins a day.

Jay07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:17 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:Hello

lisuride
Bromocriptine
Dostinex

That's it.

Thanks for the advice. How is this method working for you?

Jay07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay07 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:20 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:

Thanks

Hi Jay, what is your DT technique? Do you religiously do the 20min 2x/day?

Hi mate, yes 2x/20 mins a day religiously. I massage all over to get the blood to the scalp, then I pinch all around and then really knead hard in my loss areas. My scalp is a lot looser now.

Jay07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:21 pm

Hi Jay, I'm a propecia user who also used DT for quite some time as well. My situation was I had hyper aggressive hair loss to where my head was actually constantly red and the itching really painful. I have pics stored away somewhere on my computer of the inflammation, and the top portion of my hair on its way out. Anyway, my simple regimen of Fin 0.5mg/day, Regenepure daily, and DT for 60-80 min/day(you read that right, too much time on hands) has brought me to either NW2.5-NW3. This is down from NW4. When I first started losing hair, I was panicked at where I'm at right now but now I'm so happy. The way I wear my hair completely conceals my hairline, and when a girl at work assumed I was 19 like her(im 25) I thought back to how I used to be... how I thought people would think I was in my 30's+.

But cheating your genetics comes at a cost. How much are you willing to risk for hair? Looking back, I wasn't mentally right. Make no mistake...Finasteride -does- risk your penis, and it does risk many other things. There is no getting around it. In your case I do not recommend finasteride because your hair is stabilized and you still have time to experiment with naturals to hopefully regrow some. In my case, I had no time to experiment, or find the underlying issues... Anyway if you do decide to move forward with this anyway, you can always inbox me for more information, or look through my post history for when I spoke of the sides I've received. Good luck.

Also... I do think loosening my scalp with DT helped but this is up to debate. I've stopped doing DT but am going to try doing a 6 month cycle of it to see if I regrow more hair. I have a theory on why DT + Fin is powerful and now that I'm stable...any regrowth now would be from DT.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:44 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:Here is what I would say . Instead of blocking DHT, block prolactin.

lisuride
Bromocriptine
Dostinex

My Doctor is an utter Jerk-off, there's no way he would give me these drugs. He has a problem with me showing an interest in my own health or indeed presenting any medical facts to him. He laughed then became visibly angry when I said I wanted to be referred to an Endocrinologist to find out what was going on in my body.

I could move to a new doctor, but so far every Doctor I've had has been an unhelpful, egotisitical Jerk-off. That's the NHS in the UK though, you take what you get, unless you can afford to go private which I can't.

I suppose I won't be able to get these drugs....

ElmoSuper8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:16 am

Propecia doesn't work if you're low on IGF-1 (plus causes side-effects) an promotes anxiety and depression.

There's far more to stopping hair loss than just taking a stab at different pathways. Underlying issues often exist that promote inflammation.

There are (depending on age) subtle ways to reduce 5-AR without creating problems.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:36 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Propecia doesn't work if you're low on IGF-1 (plus causes side-effects) an promotes anxiety and depression.

There's far more to stopping hair loss than just taking a stab at different pathways. Underlying issues often exist that promote inflammation.

There are (depending on age) subtle ways to reduce 5-AR without creating problems.

How about black tea extract?  I remember awhile ago I think you did an article here on it.

I've been taking it mostly to gauge side effects every 2 days or so and I feel totally normal.

It should also help with inflammation and various other benefits, even increasing testosterone.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:17 am

johndoe1225 wrote:

How about black tea extract?  I remember awhile ago I think you did an article here on it.

I've been taking it mostly to gauge side effects every 2 days or so and I feel totally normal.

It should also help with inflammation and various other benefits, even increasing testosterone.

What brand of black tea extract are you using?

ElmoSuper8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:49 am

Black and green tea is the same (black tea has oxidized)

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:28 am

Life Extension, 350 mg per capsule standardized to 87.5%

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:30 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Life Extension, 350 mg per capsule standardized to 87.5%

Thanks, and what's your take on the differences in green Tea extract and black tea extract?

ElmoSuper8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top