Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:12 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Life Extension, 350 mg per capsule standardized to 87.5%

Thanks, and what's your take on the differences in green Tea extract and black tea extract?

Well I only heard about it through MPB-Research, there's plenty of articles there, I assume both are beneficial, maybe in different ways though

http://www.hairloss-research.org/updates.html

johndoe1225

Posts : 962
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  piranha on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Propecia doesn't work if you're low on IGF-1 (plus causes side-effects) an promotes anxiety and depression.

There's far more to stopping hair loss than just taking a stab at different pathways. Underlying issues often exist that promote inflammation.

There are (depending on age) subtle ways to reduce 5-AR without creating problems.
can you give any info+proof about igf-1 and propecia relation or is this just an idea

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:01 am

The DHT theory is false.

If it was true, old men who have low levels of DHT would all regrow hair.
But the truth is, old balding men have high prolactin levels, which controls hair growth and bone density

Go down the prolactin route.

If you want to block DHT, join a different forum


iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  piranha on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:28 am

Jay07 wrote:
piranha wrote:
Jay07 wrote:Hello,


I'm 22, I've been doing detumescence therapy for the last two years. I think it's a really good method it's helped me a lot and I have maintained what I have (NW 2/2.5) but have not regrown any hair except maybe some vellus hairs.

I will continue doing DT. But I am now considering propecia, I have done a lot of research and in young men it seems there's a good chance of regrowth at the front (which is what I want). I'm obviously terrified of the side effects but it's only in 2% I believe?


I was hoping to get some of your thoughts? Or maybe some last minute reasons not to go on propecia before I take the leap?


Would really appreciate any contributions

Thanks

I don't think propecia is a good choice for hairline there are lots of horror stories about it makine the hairline recede but well its said to be working for the crown even by people who said it made harm to their hairline, have you considered using spiro or zinc+b6?
and can you give some info about your dt journey, your technique, shedding maybe or even some pics

I don't know much about spiro...?

Yeah I started DT two years ago, I was orignally do the BB brushing, but switched over to DT and have been following the technique religiously, its help made my scalp feel healthy I don't get any scalp itch or anything and I have pretty much maintained what I have since I started.

My technique is essentially massaging all over to get the blood to the scalp, then I pinch all around and then really knead hard in my loss areas. I can make my hair go greasy after a good session. I do this twice 20 mins a day.

well simply put spiro is supposed to work better for hairline according to users, rather than keeping t from converting to dht spiro sticks to the receptors that dht gets attached to so if you can keep it local it probably poses less risk to body as it doesn't block dht. you can find literally tons of info about spiro just by googling it I personally use spiro for almost 2 years on and off can't say it has given me super results but well its kind of a relief to use something on your hair

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:53 am

piranha wrote:well simply put spiro is supposed to work better for hairline according to users, rather than keeping t from converting to dht spiro sticks to the receptors that dht gets attached to so if you can keep it local it probably poses less risk to body as it doesn't block dht. you can find literally tons of info about spiro just by googling it I personally use spiro for almost 2 years on and off can't say it has given me super results but well its kind of a relief to use something on your hair

Did Spiro stop your hairloss?

Where do you get it from?

ElmoSuper8

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:56 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

Here is what I would say . Instead of blocking DHT, block prolactin.

The following medication can do this

lisuride
Bromocriptine
Dostinex
cyproheptadine is also very safe

Will be safer than propecia. Tell your doctor you want to reduce prolactin and thought the above could help.

Do you take all of the above? Are you on private medical care or NHS because I'm just wondering what the chances of getting these from a NHS doctor are.

Cheers.

ElmoSuper8

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  sanderson on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:19 am

look into danny roddy/ray peat.. those guys have hair loss solved.. but you are going to go through some shit to make it work for you. it's worth it to try it before you jump to the finasteride route. although.. lots of time to figure stuff out.
avatar
sanderson

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2012-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  piranha on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:34 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
piranha wrote:well simply put spiro is supposed to work better for hairline according to users, rather than keeping t from converting to dht spiro sticks to the receptors that dht gets attached to so if you can keep it local it probably poses less risk to body as it doesn't block dht. you can find literally tons of info about spiro just by googling it I personally use spiro for almost 2 years on and off can't say it has given me super results but well its kind of a relief to use something on your hair

Did Spiro stop your hairloss?

Where do you get it from?
no it didn't but spiro has a short halflife and I use it once a day, from pharmacies a moths supply is $3 easy to find, but it stinks so I bought pure from a groupbuy, pure form doesnt smell.

piranha

Posts : 44
Join date : 2015-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:55 am

sanderson wrote:look into danny roddy/ray peat.. those guys have hair loss solved.. but you are going to go through some shit to make it work for you. it's worth it to try it before you jump to the finasteride route. although.. lots of time to figure stuff out.

Hey Sanderson, what does your regimen look like these days? How's it going for you?

ElmoSuper8

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  UzumakiNaruto on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi TS, may i ask what has been the reason for you to decide in going the propecia route? Im on the big 3- but it seems to have began losing its efficacy during this past couple of mths.

UzumakiNaruto

Posts : 16
Join date : 2015-10-31
Age : 32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:51 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

Here is what I would say . Instead of blocking DHT, block prolactin.

The following medication can do this

lisuride
Bromocriptine
Dostinex
cyproheptadine is also very safe

Will be safer than propecia. Tell your doctor you want to reduce prolactin and thought the above could help.

Do you take all of the above?  Are you on private medical care or NHS because I'm just wondering what the chances of getting these from a NHS doctor are.

Cheers.

you could get them from an NHS doctor

goldpharma.com/ can issue you an online prescription

or you could buy a bottle online of dostinex for example from a steroid website,

then go to the doctor and say you need a prescription for it because you used to take it, and use the bottle for proof that you did take it. Tell him you have just returned to the UK and used to take it, or whatever your story is.

also, on the NHS it will cost you 8.20, if it is still produced.
buying it online will cost about 40 pounds



Last edited by iuyyighghghgkh on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total

iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:00 am

https://youtu.be/N-KSdzki0-Y?t=22m30s

bromocriptine, which blocks prolactin, also reduced acne as a side effect,


iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  ElmoSuper8 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

you could get them from an NHS doctor

goldpharma.com/ can issue you an online prescription

or you could buy a bottle online of dostinex for example from a steroid website,

then go to the doctor and say you need a prescription for it because you used to take it, and use the bottle for proof that you did take it. Tell him you have just returned to the UK and used to take it, or whatever your story is.

also, on the NHS it will cost you 8.20, if it is still produced.
buying it online will cost about 40 pounds


Thanks, very helpful. Cheers.

ElmoSuper8

Posts : 362
Join date : 2013-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  CausticSymmetry on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

There's plenty of things that help lower prolactin without resorting to prescription poisons.

Many of these things I've tried myself before I understood that it is thyroid function that is the principle reason for an imbalanced prolactin level.

_________________
My regimen
http://www.immortalhair.org/mpb-regimen

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
avatar
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Posts : 11905
Join date : 2008-07-09

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Been doing DT for 2 years, now considering procepia

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum