FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

just over 2 months using lasercap and its working wonders for me :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

just over 2 months using lasercap and its working wonders for me :)

Post  foofighters on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:38 am

i'm a diffuse thinner, hair all around my scalp is thin, its been just over 2 months and let me tell you, IT'S WORKING! my hair texture has changed, hair is a lot more springy with more shine, a lot less hair shedding, i bought my cap on ebay for quite a substanstial fee and did feel quite sceptical but it's paid off, what i would tell people is, stay away from laser combs, these devices just don't have the power, i really wanted to buy a laser helmet from OverMachoGrande but it seems he's been away for quite some time, just to add, i am a guy.
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: just over 2 months using lasercap and its working wonders for me :)

Post  ubraj on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:59 am

Can you post a link for the one you've bought.

Thanks

ubraj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:45 am

hey mate, i actually won my lasercap on an ebay bid from a private seller BUT i know they sell unofficial lasercap's which are made in the same factory in china, i would recommend buying it from ebay.com as the dollar works out cheaper than the pound.

my lasercap has 224 laser diodes but i know you can get them with 144 or 272 diodes also.

272 Diodes diode cap $580: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LLLT-Laser-Cap-ReGrowth-Therapy-System-272-Diodes-Free-DHL-Priority-Delivery-/191690900894?hash=item2ca1ab059e:g:NowAAOSwf-VWV5EG

i think the 272 diode cap is produced for a company called 'capillus' and the 224 diode cap is produced for 'lasercap'

if you do buy one be patient, it would appear that i'm an early responder who is just starting to feel the benifits, i would give it at least 6 months or you could try building yourself one which is all honesty is probably better in terms of power and coverage: http://www.overmachogrande.com/
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:16 am

Thanks foo fighters. That's comforting to know that even the cheap knock off's work too.

ubraj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:33 am

the official lasercap cost $3000 and can only be obtained through a physician, same for the capillus, so in buying one of these ebay lasercaps you're saving money and not having to see a physician, the only good thing about purchasing through a physician is that they can monitor your progress via those hair microscope things, dunno what they're called, in the long run i'm thinking about buying some diodes and making my own laser helmet, the great thing about lasercap's is that they're easy to bring with you.

there's also a very popular plug in device called the lasergain which is just a plastic block with about 28 laser diodes, great thing about this device is that it delievers a generous amount of energy to the diodes as the adaptor suppied is 1 amp, the only downside is the lack of coverage, you'd need to move this around your head, lasergain links below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laser-Hair-Growth-Loss-Regrowth-Treatment-21x-More-Power-Than-Laser-Comb-/120935995824?hash=item1c2858d9b0:g:iw8AAOSw~1FUW01Q

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LASER-COMB-2-LASERGAIN-XL-HAIR-GROWTH-LOSS-RE-GROWTH-TREATMENT-56-LASERS-/121354062731?hash=item1c41440b8b:g:O1UAAOxyzpdTi-ot
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:28 am

just for the record OP has Alopecia.

Glad you found success

edit-I was under the assumption it was alopecia areata maybe he can clarify.

Last edited by NYJets on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
NYJets

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:47 am

As in OP has androgenetic alopecia or alopecia areata?

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:43 am

i believe people with alopecia areata often recover without any medication, i think its all auto immune apposed to dht, i think people with alopecia areata can benifit from LLLT as it act' an an anti inflammatory on the scalp.

my fear is that LLLT will fizzle out as a viable option for hairloss, with the absense of OverMachoGrande and all the talk of Lasercap and Capillus recently, i tell you guys, it can work for some people but its a shame about the costs involved.
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:54 pm

foofighters wrote:in the long run i'm thinking about buying some diodes and making my own laser helmet, the great thing about lasercap's is that they're easy to bring with you.

Hi foo fighters,

You might be interested in this info.  DIY lasercap with 400 lasers for $100

Http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11593-laserhat-howtolou#124900

OMG may be able to sell just the helmet portion and then you can DIY and can use these cheap lasers off ebay.

Can post some pics when mine is done. Similar to howtolou did his but with brush bristles to get proper length of laser to scalp distance which is what OMG helmet design is nice about.

ubraj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:15 pm

foofighters wrote:i believe people with alopecia areata often recover without any medication, i think its all auto immune apposed to dht, i think people with alopecia areata can  benifit from LLLT as it act' an an anti inflammatory on the scalp.

my fear is that LLLT will fizzle out as a viable option for hairloss, with the absense of OverMachoGrande and all the talk of Lasercap and Capillus recently, i tell you guys, it can work for some people but its a shame about the costs involved.

Still not clear whether you have alopecia or areata, I'd assume alopecia since you say you're a diffuse thinner tho, right?

AgapeBerry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:12 pm

oh sorry, that just went over my head, the type of alopecia i have is Diffuse Unpatterened Alopecia (DUPA)
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:45 am

Sounds like it's putting the brakes on hairloss. But you haven't had any regrowth yet, right? Laser can make the hair look thicker just from making the existing hairs fatter. It's still early though. If you do see some newly growing hairs becoming terminal let us know!

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:57 am

it's weird, the sort of hairloss i have is more thinning across all area's of the scalp, i don't have any apparent bald zones, i jus have overall thin hair, i think most of my hair folicles are still active.

look up Diffuse unpatterened alopecia on google images, you might see what i mean
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry on Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:02 pm

foofighters wrote:it's weird, the sort of hairloss i have is more thinning across all area's of the scalp, i don't have any apparent bald zones, i jus have overall thin hair, i think most of my hair folicles are still active.

look up Diffuse unpatterened alopecia on google images, you might see what i mean

I'm in the same boat hair-wise, and I've been lasering for a tad over a month, so hopefully I'll join you here. Hair does seem a bit thicker already, but I can't be sure.

What's your protocol, 20min 3x a week?

AgapeBerry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:25 am

lasercap recommends you to to use it for 30 mins every other day, i use it for 35 mins though, some people recommend that have your laser treatment on a somewhat damp scalp so i always wash my hair before my laser treatment, i use nizoral twice a week and just regular shampoo on the other days, having a clean scalp is important for laser treatment, helps the lasers penetrate the scalp my efficiently, apparently.

ultamately i'm going to buy or build my own laser helmet, i'll use the lasercap for travelling
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Ah, I'm using a 300laser helmet OMG helmet, I'd think the amount of lasers and their power output would change the length of time. I would laser longer, but it's having an effect on my brain and I'm not even terribly comfortable doing it for more than 5min. There's a whole thread on LLLT in this nm range for promoting neuron mitochondrial biogenesis over at longecity.org. So presuming this is what's happening, it requires a lot of energy and it wears me out. I've fallen asleep during it before and it gives me crazy vivid dreams. Even if it doesn't help with my hair, I'd probably keep it just for the dreams, though they can be a bit mentally exhausting. I wonder what others who were unaware of the biogenesis/dream enhancement aspects that have used it think about this. Noticed any of this?

AgapeBerry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse23 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:31 pm

foofighters wrote:i'm a diffuse thinner, hair all around my scalp is thin, its been just over 2 months and let me tell you, IT'S WORKING! my hair texture has changed, hair is a lot more springy with more shine, a lot less hair shedding, i bought my cap on ebay for quite a substanstial fee and did feel quite sceptical but it's paid off, what i would tell people is, stay away from laser combs, these devices just don't have the power, i really wanted to buy a laser helmet from OverMachoGrande but it seems he's been away for quite some time, just to add, i am a guy.

Great to read the lasercap is helping you so much. I wonder if it works this good with balding areas too.

jesse23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:58 am

toolsmakingtools wrote:Ah, I'm using a 300laser helmet OMG helmet, I'd think the amount of lasers and their power output would change the length of time. I would laser longer, but it's having an effect on my brain and I'm not even terribly comfortable doing it for more than 5min. There's a whole thread on LLLT in this nm range for promoting neuron mitochondrial biogenesis over at longecity.org. So presuming this is what's happening, it requires a lot of energy and it wears me out. I've fallen asleep during it before and it gives me crazy vivid dreams. Even if it doesn't help with my hair, I'd probably keep it just for the dreams, though they can be a bit mentally exhausting. I wonder what others who were unaware of the biogenesis/dream enhancement aspects that have used it think about this. Noticed any of this?

thanks for letting me know, i've not heard of many side effect coming from OMG's helmet, i wonder if skull density is a factor here, i do know that OMG's diodes are running at top amperage, 30ma per diode apposed to 5ma per diode which the lasercaps gives you, unfortunately i don't know if there's any values in giving yourself a 5min session, i've heard that most OMG helmet users reccomend 20 m ins every other day.

my question is, have any OMG helmet users have sucess with any of the battery devices like: lasercap, capillus, theradome or igrow, i'd love a comparison in terms of effectiveness.
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:00 am

jesse23 wrote:
foofighters wrote:i'm a diffuse thinner, hair all around my scalp is thin, its been just over 2 months and let me tell you, IT'S WORKING! my hair texture has changed, hair is a lot more springy with more shine, a lot less hair shedding, i bought my cap on ebay for quite a substanstial fee and did feel quite sceptical but it's paid off, what i would tell people is, stay away from laser combs, these devices just don't have the power, i really wanted to buy a laser helmet from OverMachoGrande but it seems he's been away for quite some time, just to add, i am a guy.

Great to read the lasercap is helping you so much. I wonder if it works this good with balding areas too.

apparently you need follicles that are still alive to get any effect from laser, i'd imagine you need at least vellus hairs in the zone you're treating
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top