FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Electromagnetism in Androgenic Alopecia (Seriously, this isn't pseudoscience)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Electromagnetism in Androgenic Alopecia (Seriously, this isn't pseudoscience)

Post  apayneisgod2013 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:58 am

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a while. Thanks for years of good ideas and generous debate.

I was curious about your thoughts on the relationship between electromagnetism and androgenic alopecia, as outlined in this study.

In androgenetic alopecia, overactivation of the androgen hormone cascade in genetically predisposed persons leads to miniaturization of the dermal papilla of the hair follicle and to reduction in the number of papilla cells in the scalp, but the mechanisms explaining this miniaturization have remained unclear. According to our hypothesis, the increase of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) production in the overactive androgen state inhibits cell mitosis in the dermal papilla and contributes to the induction of programmed cell death (apoptosis). Normally, DNA molecules have a negative charge, which doubles in every cell mitosis. In the catagen and telogen phases, the sulphur-rich hair moves upwards, dehydrates and develops an increasing positive charge. In a normal hair-growth cycle, the epithelial column shortens and the secondary germ is formed and it invaginates the dermal papilla by electromagnetic attraction. In the mitotic inhibition state induced by DHT, the negative charge decreases, leading to a weakening of the electromagnetic adhesion forces and weaker electrical attraction between the undifferentiated germ cells and the dermal papilla. Insulin resistance has an additional pathogenic role in the excessive miniaturization of the hair follicle. The vasoactive substances associated with endothelial dysfunction in insulin resistance induce microcirculatory disturbance, perifollicular vasoconstriction and stimulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation in the vascular wall. This leads to microvascular insufficiency and local tissue hypoxia and progressive miniaturization of hair follicles.

I've always observed psychological traits in AGA males. Intuition tells me that these traits weren't the cause, but in correlation with.

Do you think the brain's electromagnetic field has something to do with the evolutionary significance of hair on our heads?

Ray Peat quotes a study in which stressed or exhausted brains had weaker bioluminescence than rested brains.

During G. W. Crile's long career (1889-1941), understanding shock, biological energy, and fatigue were his main concerns. He believed that shock was the result of brain exhaustion, and in one of his last publications he showed that the brains from exhausted animals produced less bioluminescence than those from rested animals. His importance was in demonstrating that fatigue and shock are systemic conditions of the organism, rather than isolated events in muscles and nerves.

Therefore, could a stressed brain's altered charge cause disorder and consequently chemical imbalance in local tissues? Is hair loss from the galea an attempt to restore some kind of balance?

I know these might sound like absurd questions, but I think they're worth asking.

Cheers

apayneisgod2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electromagnetism in Androgenic Alopecia (Seriously, this isn't pseudoscience)

Post  shaftless on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:23 pm

Not to be a downer but the dalai lama is bald. He of all people should be pretty stress free with all that meditation he does.

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Electromagnetism in Androgenic Alopecia (Seriously, this isn't pseudoscience)

Post  apayneisgod2013 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:49 am

I guess it depends on how you see meditation. I'm not sold on the idea that forcing yourself to sit still for such a long period is beneficial for health. I think there's discipline to be gained, but not mental health.

apayneisgod2013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:34 am

I've seen a few papers on electric current/magnetism that pertains to hair. 

There are ways to induce it. However, there are many things that rarely get stated on forums (often too many generalizations and not enough specifics). I'm guilty of this to save loads of time.

I'll state that there is absolutely truth to the title of this thread.

2nd, when examining what works for hair loss, one must consider that what works in the alopecia areata model and what works or is refractory in the AGA/MPB model.

So, let's take stress for example, that whole cascade is quite potent for one group, but will not prevent hair loss in the other group (AGA).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum