Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

treatment for large pores

View previous topic View next topic Go down

treatment for large pores

Post  Brabus on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:20 pm

What is a good and quick treatment for large pores on my nose and forehead? Sorry I know its not hair loss related

Brabus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: treatment for large pores

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:28 am

I have this problem too, I heard Apple Cider Vinegar is good, there's a bunch of natural options but I don't really think it's worked for me yet.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:32 am

I tried baking soda and acv but it seems it made it worse by irritating the skin.

Brabus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:02 am

it depends what your talking about. if they are large because they are infected then you want anti microbials such as tea tree oil. if they are not infected and just large (possibly were once infected and you squeezed? no judgement, i have as well) then its a scar and you should try products to reduce scarring. if they are just big for no reason, then i dont think you can do anything to change them permanently but you can tighten the skin temporarily, with anti aging make up, toners would be good, and i have used witch hazel which is good.

maybe try a toner combination product with tea tree oil and other oils and witch hazel. i.e. attack all angles. also wash your face more. the more times a pore gets dirty, the more it gets infected, the more inflammation, the more it stretches eventualy becoming permanent. and i suggest avoiding expoliants such as soap or cleansers with those granules in them. i know they are advertised as cleansing for pores, but they seem to make them bigger.

not much help i know, but its one of those problems with no real cure. determine the cause and work on that.
rofl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:36 am

Thank you very much rofl, I have tea tree oil at home so I will try that first. Do you think baking soda is bad or not for big pores..?

Brabus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:00 am

rofl wrote:it depends what your talking about.  if they are large because they are infected  then you want anti microbials such as tea tree oil.  if they are not infected and just large (possibly were once infected and you squeezed? no judgement, i have as well) then its a scar and you should try products to reduce scarring.  if they are just big for no reason, then i dont think you can do anything to change them permanently but you can tighten the skin temporarily, with anti aging make up, toners would be good, and i have used witch hazel which is good.

maybe try a toner combination product with tea tree oil and other oils and witch hazel.  i.e. attack all angles.  also wash your face more.  the more times a pore gets dirty, the more it gets infected, the more inflammation, the more it stretches eventualy becoming permanent.  and i suggest avoiding expoliants such as soap or cleansers with those granules in them.  i know they are advertised as cleansing for pores, but they seem to make them bigger.

not much help i know, but its one of those problems with no real cure. determine the cause and work on that.

I think mine are scarred because nothing changed and I tried all kind of treatments. And yes I squeezed them back in the time.

So what now? I have to try a treatment that reduces scarring? What do you suggest?

Brabus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:48 am

The most effective treatment for shrinking pores is lipoic acid. It works by functionally improving the mitochondria in the skin.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maines on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:37 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:The most effective treatment for shrinking pores is lipoic acid. It works by functionally improving the mitochondria in the skin.

how do you apply this? i only found capsules. does it work if you take it orally or can you also just apply it topically?

by the way i read on another forum that dermastamping / rolling works good 2

Maines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top