Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method

Post  cdto2012 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:56 pm

Not sure why you are showing old undated photos with no before and after comparisons.  There are plenty of photos posted to just document the steps of progress,  but what you showed is basically meaningless.

If you are going to post stupid, purposefully misleading, outdated,  and useless evidence;  just go with your opinion and stay off this thread. That is one of the benefits to having made such a detailed public record of photographs. It is super obvious when somebody is just a biased tool.

Here is a recent photo of the nearby area, the blond hairs are the obvious regrow, the grafts are the black hairs at the top

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/19/35/15/42/20170210.jpg

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Not sure why you are showing old undated photos with no before and after comparisons.  There are plenty of photos posted to just document the steps of progress,  but what you showed is basically meaningless.

If you are going to post stupid, purposefully misleading, outdated,  and useless evidence;  just go with your opinion and stay off this thread.  That is one of the benefits to having made such a detailed public record of photographs.  It is super obvious when somebody is just a biased tool.

Here is a recent photo of the nearby area, the blond hairs are the obvious regrow, the grafts are the black hairs at the top

Hey cd, I posted on Sage's thread about an idea I had about using chlorella topically.

I was doing some reading and apparently chlorella and spirulina can be used topically on the face to treat acne, and I even saw a study where topical chlorella increased collagen levels/production or whatever by over 300%, and elastin by around 150% or something.

So I thought maybe I could use this as a hairspray, and spray it on my scalp?  What do you think?

Obviously the quality matters, I'm going to buy Yaeyama Source Naturals Chlorella powder.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:42 pm

Sage is very sure about the nutritional benefits of topicals, chlorella and spirulina sure have nutrients. Since you try so many things make sure to update us all if you ever find something that slows your shed rate. Keep up the effort, being active as you are is rare and useful.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:29 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Sage is very sure about the nutritional benefits of topicals,   chlorella and spirulina sure have nutrients.  Since you try so many things make sure to update us all if you ever find something that slows your shed rate.  Keep up the effort,  being active as you are is rare and useful.

Thanks!

I will try a hairspray with chlorella AND spirulina when I get the powders.  Right now the only spirulina I have is "La Bella Romana" brand, it comes in a small plastic box...It looks, smells and tastes good but I'd rather have a brand I recognize like Source Naturals.  

The only thing I'm wondering is if I'm using my spray too much, I have a mixture of distilled water, green tea and cilantro (Sage's mix), I spray it very often.  It kind of stiffens my hair but a bit of shaking sort of returns them to normal.

I know these are very nourishing to the scalp, but I also can't help but wonder if they are drying as well and doing more harm than good.

Anyway about chlorella, I noticed it as an ingredient in some shampoos or products for hair.  It was like "chlorella vulgaris 1% extract", I wonder if the way I make it will end up being far more potent than that, I'll probably mix 1 cup of distilled water with a teaspoon of the powder to start. The only numbers I saw thrown around were like 1%, even 0.16%, surely my mixture will be more than that, right?

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  missedboat07 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 pm

Can someone please show a picture of the bottom of the vitamin bottles you guys are using? I'm not sure mine have the same shape you're all referring to.

missedboat07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:40 am

Hi,  any bottle with a basically rounded lower edge is fine.  People are using anything from a water bottle cap, to smooth rocks to do the pressing.  As long as you can grab it comfortably. Even the plastic PVC 3/4 inch elbow can be used on the bent edge or the open rounded edge. The vitamin bottle is good for beginners because it can flex just a little and press to remove oils well.

http://www.alltopbargains.info/webpictures4/1092015-244-2.jpg

Somebody recently asked in a PM ,  so I will give the really basic method.  
If you use the rounded edge of a vitamin bottle, make 1/2 inch circles on the scalp for 10 seconds - move on to next area. Pressure is around 15 pounds or the weight of your head resting on the bottle. Do not rub the skin too much. The skin moves against the bones. I like to do the entire scalp.

As for time to start, 10- 30 minutes 3 times a day is best, just do what you can. If you use the PVC 3/4 inch elbow edge, then 20 minutes with strong pressure and I am done.

There are lots of important ideas in the thread like eat around 2000 mg of vitamin C daily, but just find a process that works for your schedule. Hope the pain is not too much, and it becomes a massage that you look forward to after a few weeks.

Add the cinnamon oil and tea tree oil with the massage. A few drops and never right after a shower. If you like oils I also use rosemary and turmeric oils.

Also really recommend the green tea water concentrate (made at home with many leaves and boil) . Just splash on scalp a few times a day when scalp is not oily. Can use vodka and a towel to clean scalp.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  missedboat07 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:11 am

Man, thank you so much for the value you offer to this forum. I appreciate it immensely.

missedboat07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:23 am

Hey cd

Thanks for the great explanation

About that green tea topical, that's what I've been doing, but I mix it in with Sage's mixture (along with cilantro and rosemary). I wonder if white tea would be better, supposedly white tea has an even higher amount of antioxidants than green tea.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iwillsucceed on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:09 am

Hello again gentleman Exclamation I just wanted use all to know that I have been performing this method also on my forehead as of last week, and I would most definitely encourage everyone here to do so. I'm using much lighter pressure than what I do on my scalp, but let me tell you, man it was painful, there is obviously inflammation around my whole forehead area. Ever since I have started doing this I've noticed a few large blood vessels begin to appear on either side of my forehead, just below the temples, that were never there before hand. This indicates to me that there is in an increase in circulation, and it is beginning to appear less swollen than before.
Try it for yourself, but take it easy, especially on the frontal eminences, it's quite painful at start hahah.

I started doing this because I noticed that with most people I have seen with a full head of hair, they seemed to have an abundance of visible veins throughout the forehead. But compare that with advanced hairloss sufferers, not so much, there practically non existent.

Iwillsucceed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:15 am

Iwillsucceed wrote:Hello again gentleman Exclamation I just wanted use all to know that I have been performing this method also on my forehead as of last week, and I would most definitely encourage everyone here to do so. I'm using much lighter pressure than what I do on my scalp, but let me tell you, man it was painful, there is obviously inflammation around my whole forehead area. Ever since I have started doing this I've noticed a few large blood vessels begin to appear on either side of my forehead, just below the temples, that were never there before hand. This indicates to me that there is in an increase in circulation, and it is beginning to appear less swollen than before.
Try it for yourself, but take it easy, especially on the frontal eminences, it's quite painful at start hahah.

I started doing this because I noticed that with most people I have seen with a full head of hair, they seemed to have an abundance of visible veins throughout the forehead. But compare that with advanced hairloss sufferers, not so much, there practically non existent.

If I bend over with my head down I can see a huge wishbone-shaped series of veins or something in the center of my forehead but off a bit to the left also.

But it creeps me out and I don't like seeing it Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:26 am

During the pressing the veins should become enlarged, due to increased blood flow, and the skin a bit red. Both of these things return to normal in about 30 minutes and are not noticeable changes for me. I also do my forehead and it lessens wrinkles, and the pain has long since gone away.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Hey cd, you mentioned your green tea (or caffeine) topical a few times, but I remember that too much caffeine (topically?) can actually stunt hair growth, but the right amount is good for it.  I wonder, is there any danger of exceeding the beneficial dose of caffeine with homemade topicals using only ingredients like green tea, white tea, etc., like me and you are doing?  

I would say no, the danger only comes from using things like caffeine powder (I think I heard that a spoonful of that stuff has the amount of caffeine in 20 cups of coffee, I even heard of people dying from that).

Also, what do you think of my hairspray I'm making:

2 cups distilled water
A lot of rosemary and cilantro leaves (enough to cover the water and then some, I have to stir it to get it all under)
2-3 bags of green or white tea, or a mixture of the two.

I let the water heat up, add the ingredients, take it off the heat, cover it and let it sit for a few hours.

Then I strain all the solids out and put it in a spray bottle, and saturate my scalp with it many times a day.

My only problem with this is that I'm worried it might dry out my scalp or upset the PH balance, so I have another spray bottle with a 1-3/1-4 mixture of apple cider vinegar to distilled water that I spray on before bed (and in the shower). ACV is said to balance the ph of skin (including your scalp).

Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Your ingredients sound fine to me, I wet my scalp with concentrated green tea a few times a day and only notice good things.

One of the guys that messaged me about very dry scalp with flakes, he was using ACV and was wondering if it could be the cause . Of course ACV is 5% acetic acid and malic acid. Mild acids are fine for the skin, but if used to often they act like an acid peel. Factors like hard water or water PH could also make a difference. I would consider ACV more like a mild acid peel, a good thing but peels can result in raw or dry skin if used too often.

Also it needs to be a natural form of apple cider vinegar, not processed.

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/5-reasons-to-wash-your-face-with-apple-cider-vinegar/

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:22 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Your ingredients sound fine to me,  I wet my scalp with concentrated green tea a few times a day and only notice good things.

One of the guys that messaged me about very dry scalp with flakes,  he was using ACV and was wondering if it could be the cause .  Of course ACV is 5% acetic  acid and malic acid. Mild acids are fine for the skin,  but  if used to often they act like an acid peel.  Factors like hard water or water PH could also make a difference.  I would consider ACV more like a mild acid peel,  a good thing but peels can result in raw or dry skin if used too often.

Also it needs to be a natural form of apple cider vinegar, not processed.

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/5-reasons-to-wash-your-face-with-apple-cider-vinegar/

Thanks cd!

Yes I use Bragg's brand with the mother.

Perhaps I should dilute the ACV a bit more then

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:37 am

^ EDIT:  I actually noticed that when I spray it on, sometimes it gets itchy, but it goes away after a bit.

Also, sorry I forgot to ask, how do you make your green tea topical?  I use tea bags as I mentioned, but I was thinking about buying a green tea extract from Life Extension, breaking open the capsules, and using that in addition to the actual tea bags.  However, those are decaffeinated, which is why I'll keep using the tea bags with them.

This is the product I was thinking of:

GREEN TEA DECAFFEINATED EXTRACT  - (LEAF) {STD.TO 98% POLYPHENOLS BY UV (710.5 MG), 45% EGCG BY HPLC (326.25 MG)}

I think LE is a good brand without fillers.

Or maybe I could even add this to my "Sage's topical" Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:27 am

^ EDIT again (sorry too old to edit)

I made another green tea hairspray today, with 5 bags of green tea, but I'm really starting to think using that extract I mentioned would actually be much cheaper than using actual tea bags.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:59 am

Here in Asia I can get a really cheap loose whole leaf green tea. I end up with 25% leaves and the rest water that I boil and steep until cool. I think if you wanted to go cheap order some caffeine powder and add it to your green tea solution. I think the caffeine is the major player, but you can't use too much. Obviously the extract you mentioned being decaffeinated seems the wrong direction to me.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:48 am

cdto2012 wrote:Here in Asia I can get a really cheap loose whole leaf green tea. I end up with 25% leaves and the rest water that I boil and steep until cool.  I think if you wanted to go cheap order some caffeine powder and add it to your green tea solution.  I think the caffeine is the major player,  but you can't use too much. Obviously the extract you mentioned being decaffeinated seems the wrong direction to me.  

Wow, you use much more than I do, mine is probably too diluted.

I am reading conflicting information on how long green tea lasts in water, I read as low as 5-6 hours, wow. Adding vitamin C I read can sustain it for up to 9-10 hours.

I don't mind making it every day though.

Also about the extract, I would use that in addition to the real tea, to get the caffeine as well.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Oh cd, sorry I forgot, what do you think about replacing green tea with white tea?

I am reading a lot of really interesting stuff about white tea about how it inhibits the enzymes that break down collagen and elastin when applied topically (and probably by drinking it too), and I think I read it helps with the production of collagen, unless that was something else, and the caffeine while slightly lower than green tea is probably not low enough to remove the hair growth benefit of caffeine, it's not caffeine free.

I pretty much completely replaced drinking green tea with white tea. They almost taste the same to me anyway so I just go with what I think is healthier.

White tea I think still contains EGCG, but I don't know how much compared to green tea.  I even read that overall, white tea is better than green.

What do you think?  Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:22 pm

Not really studied up on the different teas.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Westduck on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:12 am

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and site. And am very happy to have found this.
I am just trying this using a vitamin bottle. Initial thoughts are that with such a small edge that we use (bottom rounded edge of the vitamin bottle) isn't it easy to miss spots of the scalp? What if we were to use a larger item that we were still able to provide the same pressure with, but allowed us to cover more area of the scalp? Thus we would be less likely to miss spots which could happen with smaller items (vitamin bottle, PVC pipe elbow).

Edit: I just tried other areas of the vitamin bottle.. the side, and the bottom.

Westduck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:43 pm

Good to see you Westduck, you can use any object you like. Bottles, rocks, metal cups, as long as you feel the 15 pounds of pressure in the focus area. Like the sides of a plastic vitamin bottle probably flex too much to deliver proper pressure for the entire contact surface. You really want to feel the skin sliding over the skull bone. Sounds rough, but hair needs to be spoken loudly to for a long time to change it's ways.

The current photos for 1 year and 5 months are posted here.
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11945-selected-dt-cpr-photographs?highlight=selected

They look encouraging enough. I always focus on the thinnest hardest to regrow areas, so it is slow. If I took photos of the progressing hairline, it would just look like the same hair over and over again, no matter where located.

Anyhow always anticipating the phase where the base mat goes from slow thickening and lengthening, to fast length mode. Some have, but not the entire mat in the front for sure.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  brooksDT on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:43 am

Anyone care to compare pics of your technique?

brooksDT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Smiling too much will leave permanent wrinkles on your face. Creasing and pinching your skin has been reported by some DT users to leave long lasting creases in the skin. The pressing method is easy on the hands, and so far mostly harmless.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan_Strange on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:46 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Not sure why you are showing old undated photos with no before and after comparisons.  There are plenty of photos posted to just document the steps of progress,  but what you showed is basically meaningless.

If you are going to post stupid, purposefully misleading, outdated,  and useless evidence;  just go with your opinion and stay off this thread.  That is one of the benefits to having made such a detailed public record of photographs.  It is super obvious when somebody is just a biased tool.

That photo shows the kind of "peach fuzz" that's typically present even on "slick bald" scalp in men with MPB. There's no evidence of regrowth in it, or in any of the other photos in this thread. The picture provides further evidence that the "DT-CPR" method is an ineffective treatment for hair loss.

Jonathan_Strange

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top