FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Can someone explain me what is happening?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Can someone explain me what is happening?

Post  cdto2012 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:00 pm

I think I agree that it has to do with your scar blocking the blood flow to the forward parts of your scalp. To reduce a scar takes months of massage or needling/ dermaroller probably with oils to soften. This treatment could be focused on only the scar. I have some experience with this and it does work slowly.  The next direction to consider is how to restore capillaries or blood flow potential ?  I will share a post to point you in the right direction.

From a thread that Caustic Symmetry posted the original study on regrowth.
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11684-the-effect-of-platelet-rich-plasma-in-hair-regrowth-a-randomized-placebo-controlled-trial

I wrote
To fill in the research on concentrated platelets and needling. Basically the body responds to injury of bruising with a concentration of blood platlet cells to heal the wound. Part of this healing process is to release growth factors that stimulate new cells to be made and direct available stem cells to strengthen the tissue and create new capillaries. Basically wounding stimulates regeneration of the tissue with new cells and blood flow capillaries.

"Although blood is mainly a liquid (called plasma), it also contains small solid components (red cells, white cells, and platelets.) The platelets are best known for their importance in clotting blood. However, platelets also contain hundreds of proteins called growth factors which are very important in the healing of injuries. "

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00648

"Platelet derived growth factors' main functions are to stimulate cell replication (mitogenesis) of healing capable stem cells and what are also called pre-mitotic partially differentiated osteoprogenitor cells which are also part of the connective tissue-bone healing cellular composite. It also stimulates cell replication of endothelial cells. This will cause budding of new capillaries into the wound (angiogenesis), a fundamental part of all wound healing. In addition, PDGF seems to promote the migration of perivascular healing capable cells into a wound and to modulate the effects of other growth factors. "

http://www.perfusion.com/cgi-bin/absolutenm/templates/articledisplay.asp?articleid=1678&#.VlNX83Ighb8

I have personally found this to be useful for hair regrowth with needling. I also find that strong pressure massage also triggers the regeneration   response and regrows hair without concern that needles could further irritate or micro scar depleted skin. Also I find that the deep massage can reach much deeper subdermal layers for regeneration.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top