Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

O/T - reflux from eating eggs/fatty foods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O/T - reflux from eating eggs/fatty foods

Post  phoenix21 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Gradually, over the last 5 or so years, eating eggs has seemed to cause me increasingly worse reflux. (is it acid or bile?) I've done some research, and the problem seems like it may be related to either low stomach acid, or poor liver/gallbladder function (poor bile flow/ or gallbladder stones?) Other foods that seem to cause other people reflux, dont seem to bother me. It seems to be primarily fatty things, with eggs being the worst offender. Has anyone else here experienced this? Ive done a bit of digging, and Ive seen advice anywhere from increasing water intake, to supplementing hcl, to lechitin, etc. Any other ideas? I'd really like to be able to eat eggs again, and hopefully improve fat digestion. Thanks for any help.

phoenix21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: O/T - reflux from eating eggs/fatty foods

Post  4039 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:01 pm

If I had my guess, I'd say poor liver/gallbladder function as well. Read some of my recent posts for the solution. Yeah bile salts, lecithin, taurine, glycine and upping water intake for starters.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:08 am

Vitamin C heals the gut along with many other benefits.  I am a member of a Facebook group, Vitamin C For Optimal Health.
I and a number of others there have experienced relief from reflux symptoms, by dosing ascorbic acid to bowel tolerance on a
regular basis.    I take it with MSM as it is synergistic with C.

I can eat anything now with no problems, including high fat foods, although I strictly avoid trans fats, white sugar/flour, and most gluten-containing products.
I have cautiously started adding sourdough bread again.
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top