Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

scalp itch from drinking water!?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

scalp itch from drinking water!?!?

Post  nikoniss on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:37 pm

I've observed this many times before i decided to ask here. Tried to google with no related results.

Any idea why drinking water would cause scalp itch/inflammation, especially on the crown area? Have to apply hydrocortisone cream at night to keep it under control.

In the morning my scalp feels fine (empty stomach) until i drink my first cup of water, it happens within a minute or two. regardless of the source (self boiled or bottled). Of course there are also other food that trigger the same itch / inflammation.

Funny thing is when it starts to itch, my knee starts to feel inflamed too.

Short back story - I suspect i have adrenal insufficiency / fatigue. Been on zyrtec (antihistamine) for the last 10 years for dermographism (a type of hives). This whole body itch started shortly after I been injecting HGH for height (I was short and my doctor thought i could give that a try). It is still here to this day 10 years later. I also have Rosacea type of red cheek / eczema on my face which only hydrocortisone cream helps...

Sorry for my poor english its not my first language Laughing

nikoniss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: scalp itch from drinking water!?!?

Post  cdto2012 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:03 am

hi, I saw that nobody has replied to you yet, so I will share with you some research that might help. If you do some research on demodex mites you will see that they are common with your symptoms of Rosacea,scalp itch, and hair loss. They can and should be topically treated with tea tree oil or creams. We wrote about them starting on this page.
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t10798p75-detumescence-really-works

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:15 am

i had the same thing dude. i honestly thought of everything it could be. i even switched waters until i started only drinking fiji water. i thought it was heavy metals in the water or something.

i THINK i know what it is from. i think it is from being hypothyroid. and you are essentially over doing it with the water.

here's a blurb of text that I found incredibly interesting and I believe is what the problem is. i suggest you read the entire article.

Some lizards and sea birds have glands near their noses that are called salt glands, because of their ability to secrete salt. The salt gland is probably the most extreme case of active transport, but its physiology is very similar to the physiology of any other secretory gland or membrane, such as tear glands and sweat glands. The mechanism of salt excretion in these glands should really settle the issue of how active transport works, but most nephrologists, oculists, and medical researchers in general aren't interested in salt glands.

Carbon dioxide is the driving force in the salt gland. The constant formation of CO2, and its loss into the air, allows a high concentration of salt to be excreted. Blocking the interchange of CO2 and carbonic acid, with acetazolamide, or inhibiting the formation of CO2, prevents the excretion of salt.

Since respiratory metabolism, governed by the thyroid hormone, is our main source of carbon dioxide, it's obvious that thyroid deficiency should impair our ability to regulate water and solutes, such as salt. An organism that illustrates this function of thyroid is the young salmon, when it leaves a freshwater river to begin its life in the ocean. As it converts its physiology to tolerate the salty environment, its thyroid hormone surges. When it's mature, and returns to the fresh water to spawn, its prolactin rises sharply. In experiments with rodents, it has been found that drinking a large amount of water increases their prolactin, but the same amount of water, with added salt, doesn't.

Hypothyroidism is typically associated with increased prolactin secretion. Hypothyroid people typically retain water, while losing salt, so the hypothyroid state is analogous to the salmon that has returned to the river, and to the mice that drink too much salt-free water.

The typical hypothyroid person loses salt rapidly in the urine (and probably in the sweat, too, though that is usually diagnosed as cystic fibrosis), and retains water, diluting the urine less than normal. The reduced production of carbon dioxide, with increased susceptibility to producing lactate and ammonium, causes the cells to be more alkaline than normal, increasing their affinity for water. The rise of estrogen that usually accompanies hypothyroidism also increases intracellular pH, loss of sodium, and over-hydration of the blood.

Hypothyroid muscles typically retain excess water, and fatigue easily, taking up more water than normal during exertion. In childhood, mild hypothyroidism often causes the leg muscles to swell and ache in the evenings, with what have been called "growing pains." When the problem is more extreme, all the skeletal muscles can become very large (Hoffman syndrome), because of the anabolic effect of over-hydration. Enlargement of any muscle can result from the excessive hydration produced by thyroid deficiency, but when it happens to the muscles behind the eyes (Itabashi, et al., 1988), it often leads to a diagnosis of hyperthyroidism, rather than hypothyroidism.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/water.shtml
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:52 am

Clean water is important, and carbon dioxide is an important element in the diet.

The aspect of thyroid that regulates water and/or fluid accumulation is T2. Note: Thyroid hormone preparations almost never contain T2 (usually just T4 or T3).

A true, complete thyroid hormone in its intact form contain everything from T1 through T12. "Modern Medicine" still hasn't a clue--they weren't taught.

T2 is a vastly ignored part of thyroid problem is could be called the "diuretic" portion but it does so much more than that.

Regarding water, avoid municipal tap water. There's so much in there--it's hard to estimate exactly the problem.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top