Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question about the resiliency of the hair follicle

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about the resiliency of the hair follicle

Post  sizzlinghairs on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:20 am

Hello everyone. Had a question.

Back when I was doing DT with bian stones, I formed an area of inflammation over my right temple. It appeared to look like a larger than normal pimple, large base surface area, and was kind of painful to pressing etc.

I tried to do DT around the area while it was there, and until it healed. Unfortunately, I think I inadvertently popped it.

It didn't leave a scar, but did seem to leave a tiny area of discoloration. When I look closely, it also appears there isnt any, even vellous hairs, growing in the area..

Now it is possible I am over analyzing the area now and it was always like that. But my question is: is it possible aggravating an area of inflammation, such as a pimple, destroy the hair follicles underneath?

Thanks to any person in the know!

sizzlinghairs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about the resiliency of the hair follicle

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi, I use a lot of different oils with my DT and have had occasional pimple like infections. I also avoid massaging them until they are healed. As for damaging the follicles, I can say for me that my scalp has only improved with high pressure massage. I had an area on the crown that would often be clogged up and I thought it might be pre cancerous from surfing sun. After about 2 or 3 weeks of massage, oils, and enzyme exfoliation the area now feels completely healed. I do not notice any areas that have lost the ability to grow hair.
As my scalp becomes less sore, detoxed, and regrows hair; it seems to be healthier and avoid infection better. I would guess that I am one of the few also using the high pressure massage for the most hours a day for the longest duration. My grafts are at full thickness, and soon I will post more pictures of the new growth. It is at the point that I want to start cutting some of the regrowth because the hairs are thick and long enough to grow straight out and stand up.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top