Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Colostrum Shampoo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:36 am

there is this company called Synertech, that sells multiple colostrum products. I recently found that they have a Colostrum shampoo & Topical treatment that is expensive as hell ($50 for the topical - $25 for the shampoo/conditioner) and the owner is claiming that the abundant amount of 1gf1 in the shampoo will grow back hair if used religiously. He also recommends taking high amounts of colostrum orally (5 to 6 grams per day).

I am willing to purchase the colostrum shampoo/conditioner (not the topical which is way over priced), If you guys think it will do anything for regrowth and thickening of hair.

I already take 6 to 8 grams of immune trea colostrum daily. Which is dam near too expensive for me already ($30 for 180 caps), but if it heals me of my injuries and thickens my hair to me it is a worthy investment.

If I do try out the shampoo I want to use it daily along with Revita shampoo 2 to 3 times per week. Also I oil my hair up with various DHT blocking substances like Emu oil, Bayberry extract, Pumpkin seed oil Olive oil ect.

So If I do see an improvement I will let everybody know!

So let me know what you guys think about this Colostrum on your scalp theory.
Thanks for the help

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  SonofOdin on Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:57 am

Here is a thread about five years ago where people discuss Colostrum: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t3692-cs-immune-system?highlight=cs+++immune+system

It doesn't sound like it can do you any wrong, but you sound like you're on quite the budget. I'm not sure how wise this is but back when I was spending close to 120 bucks every two months on stopping my hair loss I'd take the Nizoral shampoo(what I was using at the time) and apply it like a topical before bed. I would rub some nizoral to the balding areas. Let it dry on, and wash it off in the morning. This may give you more bang for your buck. Also keep in mind that if you do make the dive, do not look at it as a one-time purchase you need to be on things for at least a year to see true effects.

I fell into the trap and panic of trying, and dropping things in a matter of months. So for example, you will need to spend $900 annually if you decide to make this investment. This is assuming the topical and shampoo last you 30 days each.
avatar
SonofOdin

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:32 am

SonofOdin wrote:Here is a thread about five years ago where people discuss Colostrum: http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t3692-cs-immune-system?highlight=cs+++immune+system

It doesn't sound like it can do you any wrong, but you sound like you're on quite the budget. I'm not sure how wise this is but back when I was spending close to 120 bucks every two months on stopping my hair loss I'd take the Nizoral shampoo(what I was using at the time) and apply it like a topical before bed. I would rub some nizoral to the balding areas. Let it dry on, and wash it off in the morning. This may give you more bang for your buck. Also keep in mind that if you do make the dive, do not look at it as a one-time purchase you need to be on things for at least a year to see true effects.

I fell into the trap and panic of trying, and dropping things in a matter of months. So for example, you will need to spend $900 annually if you decide to make this investment. This is assuming the topical and shampoo last you 30 days each.


So you are saying that I should spend the money and go for the topical also for a full year?....also I could use the Revita shampoo the same way you used nizoral on my scalp. do you recommed Nizoral over shampoos like revita or regenepure?

Thanks for the info

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:47 am

Maybe you could look at the ingredients in the colostrum shampoo and try making your own.
I prefer the powder form, myself, from Immune Tree.  You save quite a bit when ordering it from Amazon.

I've posted about colostrum here before.  Relevant to hair growth:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_6702492_bovine-colostrum-hair-growth.html

excerpt:

   
Bovine colostrum contains many growth factors. A study conducted in Japan at The Department of Translational Medical Science Research at Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences on mice reported that insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-1), which bovine colostrum contains, contributed to “significant enhancements of hair follicle morphogenesis, hair regrowth and hair pigmentation.” A later study conducted in Japan at the same school reported that IGF-1 “plays an important role in hair growth.” The study was conducted over five months, and its goal was to increase levels of IGF-1 in volunteers. Seventeen of the volunteers got a placebo, and the remaining volunteers took active ingredients. The 14 volunteers who were given active ingredients showed promotion of hair growth significantly higher than the group given the placebo.

   Nutrition

   According to the Mayo Clinic website, “having inadequate protein or iron in your diet or poor nourishment in other ways can cause you to experience hair loss.” Bovine colostrum is a rich source of amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Typical vitamins in bovine colostrum that are associated with hair growth are vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin A and vitamin C. Typical minerals in bovine colostrum that are associated with hair growth are calcium and potassium.

   According to The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery website, “Investigators have reported that platelet-rich plasma promotes hair growth from follicles by the action of platelet growth factors on hair follicle stem cells.” Platelet-rich plasma, when used in hair restoration, is administered by a professional in that field. The platelets are derived from the patient's blood. According to the Center for Nutritional Research website, platelet-rich plasma biochemical mechanisms are found in bovine colostrum.
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:31 pm

Delphine wrote:Maybe you could look at the ingredients in the colostrum shampoo and try making your own.
I prefer the powder form, myself, from Immune Tree.  You save quite a bit when ordering it from Amazon.

I've posted about colostrum here before.  Relevant to hair growth:

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_6702492_bovine-colostrum-hair-growth.html

excerpt:

   
Bovine colostrum contains many growth factors. A study conducted in Japan at The Department of Translational Medical Science Research at Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences on mice reported that insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-1), which bovine colostrum contains, contributed to “significant enhancements of hair follicle morphogenesis, hair regrowth and hair pigmentation.” A later study conducted in Japan at the same school reported that IGF-1 “plays an important role in hair growth.” The study was conducted over five months, and its goal was to increase levels of IGF-1 in volunteers. Seventeen of the volunteers got a placebo, and the remaining volunteers took active ingredients. The 14 volunteers who were given active ingredients showed promotion of hair growth significantly higher than the group given the placebo.

   Nutrition

   According to the Mayo Clinic website, “having inadequate protein or iron in your diet or poor nourishment in other ways can cause you to experience hair loss.” Bovine colostrum is a rich source of amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Typical vitamins in bovine colostrum that are associated with hair growth are vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin A and vitamin C. Typical minerals in bovine colostrum that are associated with hair growth are calcium and potassium.

   According to The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery website, “Investigators have reported that platelet-rich plasma promotes hair growth from follicles by the action of platelet growth factors on hair follicle stem cells.” Platelet-rich plasma, when used in hair restoration, is administered by a professional in that field. The platelets are derived from the patient's blood. According to the Center for Nutritional Research website, platelet-rich plasma biochemical mechanisms are found in bovine colostrum.


Yeah I take immune tree colostrum capsules daily (6 to 8 per day) for $30 its expensive for me but if it keeps me healthy its worth it.
I think making my own shampoo would cost me more than the $25 they are offering on amazon lol. the ingredients are colostrum and a mixture of essential oils basically, which I could make it but it would be more expensive considering the essential oils.

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:14 pm

dq139 wrote:
Yeah I take immune tree colostrum capsules daily (6 to 8 per day) for $30 its expensive for me but if it keeps me healthy its worth it.
I think making my own shampoo would cost me more than the $25 they are offering on amazon lol. the ingredients are colostrum and a mixture of essential oils basically, which I could make it but it would be more expensive considering the essential oils.

What essential oils does it have? Maybe I will try making it myself Smile Essential oils generally last for some time, so I do think it would be more
cost effective in the long run.

I think the powder would also be more cost effective than the capsules, that's generally the case with supplements.
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  SonofOdin on Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Dq, it was only an example you can go for just the shampoo if you wish. I don't have any personal experience with the ingredient but some brief research on this forum has led me to believe it's a promising ingredient. I wonder if CS ever did write that article on it that he mentioned in that thread.

As for Nizoral I don't recommend it because it's quite irritating to the scalp. My shampoo of choice is Regenepure because the aloe vera perfectly balances the harshness of the ketoconazole in it. I'm able to use it daily versus only 2-3 days a week of the nizoral. Regenepure also has a lot of other ingredients that are supposed to promote growth and healthy hair - just keep in mind these ingredients are microdosed and that you're really getting the shampoo for the keto+aloe combo, but those ingredients could potentially help, too. As long as you're not washing the shampoo off too quick.

I'm not sure what Revita does but I've heard of it before. I don't think there is anything wrong with applying these like a topical just use a very small amount and apply a thin film across all the balding regions.
avatar
SonofOdin

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:06 am

SonofOdin wrote:Dq, it was only an example you can go for just the shampoo if you wish. I don't have any personal experience with the ingredient but some brief research on this forum has led me to believe it's a promising ingredient. I wonder if CS ever did write that article on it that he mentioned in that thread.

As for Nizoral I don't recommend it because it's quite irritating to the scalp. My shampoo of choice is Regenepure because the aloe vera perfectly balances the harshness of the ketoconazole in it. I'm able to use it daily versus only 2-3 days a week of the nizoral. Regenepure also has a lot of other ingredients that are supposed to promote growth and healthy hair - just keep in mind these ingredients are microdosed and that you're really getting the shampoo for the keto+aloe combo, but those ingredients could potentially help, too. As long as you're not washing the shampoo off too quick.

I'm not sure what Revita does but I've heard of it before. I don't think there is anything wrong with applying these like a topical just use a very small amount and apply a thin film across all the balding regions.


Revita is basically the same as regenepure, because it has keto + aloe in it, along with caffeine, biotin, emu oil ect.
but if I was gonna use it like a topical I would use it on my whole head. would this not be smart or would it be wastefull do you think?

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:12 am

Delphine wrote:
dq139 wrote:
Yeah I take immune tree colostrum capsules daily (6 to 8 per day) for $30 its expensive for me but if it keeps me healthy its worth it.
I think making my own shampoo would cost me more than the $25 they are offering on amazon lol. the ingredients are colostrum and a mixture of essential oils basically, which I could make it but it would be more expensive considering the essential oils.

What essential oils does it have?  Maybe I will try making it myself Smile  Essential oils generally last for some time, so I do think it would be more
cost effective in the long run.  

I think the powder would also be more cost effective than the capsules, that's generally the case with supplements.  


here is the ingredient list from the site: Ingredients: Colostrum, saponified organic coconut oil, saponified organic olive oil, jojoba oil, organic aloe vera, lanolin, organic orange oil, rosemary extract, natural essential oils, and vitamin E. Patented.

And idk about that man lol..Colostrum powder is expensive as hell! I mean unless between $35 & $50 (depending on the brand) is not expensive to some people. I would love to keep the stuff in my house all year round if I could, but again the price is killer Sad

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:33 am

caffeine shampoo


iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  SonofOdin on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:02 am

Dq, if you're going to rub it across whole head I'd just shampoo with it and not use as a topical. My type of hair loss was recession with the rest of my hair remaining thick - that's why I'd only rub small amounts in certain areas. Also I'm slightly impressed, the ingredient list you posted looks to be high quality. I was expecting the Colostrum to be watered down with a ton of potentially harmful fillers. I myself am still sticking to Regenepure but if you can afford it, why not? You could even rotate your shampoos. Revita one day, Colostrum the next.
avatar
SonofOdin

Posts : 438
Join date : 2013-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:37 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:caffeine shampoo


Revita does have caffeine in it btw.

but would it be smart to leave a caffeine shampoo on your scalp over night? or would this hurt your hair more?

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:08 am

SonofOdin wrote:Dq, if you're going to rub it across whole head I'd just shampoo with it and not use as a topical. My type of hair loss was recession with the rest of my hair remaining thick - that's why I'd only rub small amounts in certain areas. Also I'm slightly impressed, the ingredient list you posted looks to be high quality. I was expecting the Colostrum to be watered down with a ton of potentially harmful fillers. I myself am still sticking to Regenepure but if you can afford it, why not? You could even rotate your shampoos. Revita one day, Colostrum the next.

Yeah, I was impressed enough by the ingredients in the colostrum shampoo that I just ordered it myself. I don't have hair loss issues but I figure it will only help cheers
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:56 am

Delphine wrote:
SonofOdin wrote:Dq, if you're going to rub it across whole head I'd just shampoo with it and not use as a topical. My type of hair loss was recession with the rest of my hair remaining thick - that's why I'd only rub small amounts in certain areas. Also I'm slightly impressed, the ingredient list you posted looks to be high quality. I was expecting the Colostrum to be watered down with a ton of potentially harmful fillers. I myself am still sticking to Regenepure but if you can afford it, why not? You could even rotate your shampoos. Revita one day, Colostrum the next.

Yeah, I was impressed enough by the ingredients in the colostrum shampoo that I just ordered it myself.  I don't have hair loss issues but I figure it will only help cheers


definitely man, I wish I started taking care of my hair when I had a 100% full head of it. Its easier to prevent hairloss then rebound from it.
Also oiling you hair 3 to 4 times per week with emu oil & Rosemary or bayberry ex. help thicken hair alot.

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:02 am

dq139 wrote:
definitely man, I wish I started taking care of my hair when I had a 100% full head of it. Its easier to prevent hairloss then rebound from it.
Also oiling you hair 3 to 4 times per week with emu oil & Rosemary or bayberry ex. help thicken hair alot.

Thanks...where do you get those things?

I've been using a gelatin hair mask, that works, too.
http://homegrownandhealthy.com/gelatin-hair-mask/#ixzz3FxxQAw1J
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:23 am

Delphine wrote:
dq139 wrote:
definitely man, I wish I started taking care of my hair when I had a 100% full head of it. Its easier to prevent hairloss then rebound from it.
Also oiling you hair 3 to 4 times per week with emu oil & Rosemary or bayberry ex. help thicken hair alot.

Thanks...where do you get those things?

I've been using a gelatin hair mask, that works, too.
http://homegrownandhealthy.com/gelatin-hair-mask/#ixzz3FxxQAw1J


Amazon mostly. I get the alcohol free bayberry on ebay though.

can you explain in detail your routine with the gelatin hair mask? I would like to try it haha

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:28 am

dq139 wrote:

can you explain in detail your routine with the gelatin hair mask? I would like to try it haha

Sure. I mix together:
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
½ cup water
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey

I stir the powdered gelatin into the water until it dissolves. Add the vinegar and honey, and stir again. Let sit until it forms a thick paste.

Then I just slather it on and run it through dry hair w/fingers and leave it on for a while, time varies. I just do other things until I get around
to shampooing. It leaves my hair silken and looking/feeling a lot fuller.

Usually there is some left over. I put in a jar and keep in fridge. To use it again, I just melt it on the stove in a saucepan and then
slather on as before.

You can also do this (ccing and pasting one woman's advice):

I got the crazy good results when I started doing a teaspoon each time I shampooed. I’ve been squirting some shampoo in my palm and then dumping about a teaspoon of gelatin into my palm and mixing it with my fingers. I have long hair, though. If you have shorter hair, I wouldn’t do as much – maybe a half teaspoon each time you shampoo.
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:34 am

Delphine wrote:
dq139 wrote:

can you explain in detail your routine with the gelatin hair mask? I would like to try it haha

Sure.  I mix together:
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
½ cup water
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon honey

I stir the powdered gelatin into the water until it dissolves. Add the vinegar and honey, and stir again. Let sit until it forms a thick paste.

Then I just slather it on and run it through dry hair w/fingers and leave it on for a while, time varies.  I just do other things until I get around
to shampooing.   It leaves my hair silken and looking/feeling a lot fuller.  

Usually there is some left over.  I put in a jar and keep in fridge.  To use it again, I just melt it on the stove in a saucepan and then
slather on as before.

You can also do this (ccing and pasting one woman's advice):

I got the crazy good results when I started doing a teaspoon each time I shampooed. I’ve been squirting some shampoo in my palm and then dumping about a teaspoon of gelatin into my palm and mixing it with my fingers. I have long hair, though. If you have shorter hair, I wouldn’t do as much – maybe a half teaspoon each time you shampoo.

thanks for the advice man!

just wanna ask, does your hair come out into your hands when you try to massage in a paste or thick topical on your scalp? because it happens with me and it worries me.

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:10 am

dq139 wrote:
thanks for the advice man!

just wanna ask, does your hair come out into your hands when you try to massage in a paste or thick topical on your scalp? because it happens with me and it worries me.

A little bit. Just keep up with your nutrients and topicals and I'm sure it will improve. Try the headstand, too. I am sure my daily practice of the headstand has helped my hair a lot.
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  dq139 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:01 am

Delphine wrote:
SonofOdin wrote:Dq, if you're going to rub it across whole head I'd just shampoo with it and not use as a topical. My type of hair loss was recession with the rest of my hair remaining thick - that's why I'd only rub small amounts in certain areas. Also I'm slightly impressed, the ingredient list you posted looks to be high quality. I was expecting the Colostrum to be watered down with a ton of potentially harmful fillers. I myself am still sticking to Regenepure but if you can afford it, why not? You could even rotate your shampoos. Revita one day, Colostrum the next.

Yeah, I was impressed enough by the ingredients in the colostrum shampoo that I just ordered it myself.  I don't have hair loss issues but I figure it will only help cheers


I just got the colostrum shampoo and tried it out...Its a quality product Smile It does thicken up hair. I would use it everyday if I could but again the price is a little overboard at $25 per bottle.

dq139

Posts : 53
Join date : 2015-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  cdto2012 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:53 am

Hi guys, if you are finding that the apple cider vinegar and honey are effective, I would consider looking into enzyme or acid peel treatments. The vinegar is a 5% acetic acid (like a lactic or glycolic acid peel) and the honey has active enzymes. Basically they are exfolitors that are selective to remove dead or weak tissue. I use honey and meat tenderizer paste as an enzyme exfoliant for 3 hours and two days later I can feel the skin that needs to be peeled off. Others have shown regrow photos with the glycolic acid treatment.

cdto2012

Posts : 590
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:01 am

dq139 wrote:
Delphine wrote:
SonofOdin wrote:Dq, if you're going to rub it across whole head I'd just shampoo with it and not use as a topical. My type of hair loss was recession with the rest of my hair remaining thick - that's why I'd only rub small amounts in certain areas. Also I'm slightly impressed, the ingredient list you posted looks to be high quality. I was expecting the Colostrum to be watered down with a ton of potentially harmful fillers. I myself am still sticking to Regenepure but if you can afford it, why not? You could even rotate your shampoos. Revita one day, Colostrum the next.

Yeah, I was impressed enough by the ingredients in the colostrum shampoo that I just ordered it myself.  I don't have hair loss issues but I figure it will only help cheers


I just got the colostrum shampoo and tried it out...Its a quality product Smile It does thicken up hair. I would use it everyday if I could but again the price is a little overboard at $25 per bottle.

I received it too, but haven't used it yet. I foresee it will last me a long time, because I don't shampoo daily. Two or three times a week at most. In between shampoos, I just rinse with cold water or spray with an apple cider vinegar/water mix. Works for me Smile
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:11 pm



Been using the colostrum shampoo, glad I ordered. Yes, it does seem to have a thickening effect. My son discovered it among all the shampoo bottles
in the bathroom, and has used it several times. He mentioned today how much he likes it.

He is 33 so his hair is of some concern. Cool
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Delphine on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:52 am

Well, to update...I've stopped using shampoos including this one,  except once in a while for removing buildup.  

Those who are interested in going without shampoo or using less chemical-y shampoos, might think about joining this
Facebook group.  
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nopoo/
In the files section there is comprehensive info on what to expect when ditching shampoo.
There's usually a period of adjustment when the hair can get a lot greasier (hasn't been my experience), more shedding etc.  
Anyway, my hair is thicker, softer and easier to manage these days, and I have a hunch it could be a key in getting over MPB.  In any
case, lots of great info at that group.   Mostly women, but some guys too.  Here's a pic of one:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10106254857013251&set=gm.750166228483218&type=3&theater
avatar
Delphine

Posts : 1120
Join date : 2011-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Colostrum Shampoo?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum