FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Taking a complete amino acid supplement. What are its benefits? Are there any side effects?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking a complete amino acid supplement. What are its benefits? Are there any side effects?

Post  MikeGore on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:00 am

I am thinking of buying a complete amino acid supplement. An A-to-Z of amino acids if you will. This one http://www.nowfoods.com/Amino-Complete-360-Veg-Capsules.htm

What are the benefits of taking these? Are there any side effects?

Can it help regrow hair dramatically? Does it have any other benefits like collagen production for skin, joints etc?

I see there are many other amino acid products sold by the same brand even, but what I don't understand is why sell individual or three or four amino acids together, when one can simply get the complete amino acid product? Are there cases when its better to leave out some of the amino acids?

Regards,

Mike

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking a complete amino acid supplement. What are its benefits? Are there any side effects?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:59 am

glycine, proline, are essential

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/why-broth-is-beautiful-essential-roles-for-proline-glycine-and-gelatin/

Are there cases when its better to leave out some of the amino acids?

Yes. leave out tryptophan.

You really only need glycine, taurine, lysine for hair loss.

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking a complete amino acid supplement. What are its benefits? Are there any side effects?

Post  MikeGore on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:glycine, proline, are essential

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/why-broth-is-beautiful-essential-roles-for-proline-glycine-and-gelatin/

Are there cases when its better to leave out some of the amino acids?

Yes. leave out tryptophan.

You really only need glycine, taurine, lysine for hair loss.

Thanks for the reply.

Why leave out trytophan? Isn't that beneficial for mood?

Another concern is the protein content of the amino acids. Can they put a heavy load on the kidneys and liver and cause harm?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 pm

MikeGore wrote:

Another concern is the protein content of the amino acids. Can they put a heavy load on the kidneys and liver and cause harm?

I mean stay hydrated, eat enough fruits and vegetables to buffer aminos and increase bioavailablity. Also get plenty of digestive enzymes to aid digestion (either supplemental or diet.)

Umm.... no. I would worry about healthy functioning kidneys with moderate protein intake.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeGore on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:31 pm

I just figured that Chlorella and Colostrum have many amino acids in them as well, which I am currently taking at the moment. Is it worth buying that supplement I mentioned? (http://www.nowfoods.com/Amino-Complete-360-Veg-Capsules.htm) or perhaps another amino acid supplement, considering the dosages, amounts etc?

MikeGore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:46 am

no, don't buy that

specifically for hair, taurine is the most important one

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top