Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Laser Helmet for Receding Hairline

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laser Helmet for Receding Hairline

Post  cantstopwontstop on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:25 am

Hey everyone!

So I'm 26 and my main problem is a receding hairline. The hairs closest to the hairline are disappearing and thinning pretty fast, while the hairs behind the hairline are thinning as well but at a slower pace. My crown has minimal hair loss at this point.

I'm seriously considering purchasing a laser helmet from OMG in the very near future. I've heard that it is more effective for overall thinning, but it seems like most every treatment is more effective for overall thinning. Would it be a worthwhile investment to purchase the laser helmet anyway? Does anyone have some first hand experience with laser treatment and a receding hairline? If it could at least hold onto some of my hair for a few more years and significantly slow my loss I think it's a pretty good investment. I would also pair it with a topical DHT blocker, and possibly Lipogaine if the results aren't coming after a few months.

Thank you for any input!!

cantstopwontstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Laser Helmet for Receding Hairline

Post  SonofOdin on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:57 am

Even those who are considered ideal for lllt only receive minor results. It's worth it as an adjunct but not as a core treatment. My personal experience is that I am a receder who uses a lasercomb, but my regimen is far more robust than just lllt.

Lipogaine makes a lot of products so I don't know which one you refer to.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cantstopwontstop on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:12 pm

Ok, I was under the impression that OMG's helmet was on par with finasteride. Do you think the pictures on Sunetics site are suspect? Although now that I look at them again they aren't quite as impressive as I remember. In your personal opinion, would you recommend spending $1,250 on a laser helmet for someone with a receding hairline? In reference to Lipogaine, I was talking about the minoxidil product they make.

cantstopwontstop

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin on Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:32 pm

No, not unless you have a lot of disposable income. This is pretty sad but the only reason I even have the laser comb is my family members were so alarmed by my sudden onset of hair loss that they bought the comb off of QVC and told me to start using it. I went from NW1.5 to NW4 in about 8 months so, I didn't have the luxury of gracefully balding. Anyway, I wouldn't have purchased it on my own. I think lllt has merit but for us receders there are stronger treatments out there depending on how badly we want our hair. It won't hurt if you do decide to make the investment, but you won't get results like the website you named unless you're very lucky. If you look at the pictures they mostly gained density, whether than their hairlines creeping forward.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top