Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

High Dose Zinc

View previous topic View next topic Go down

High Dose Zinc

Post  Bonsai6 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 am

About two months ago I suspected I had Pyroluria, a disease in which your body gets rid of most of the zinc and b6 you acquire from food. I had 90% of the symptoms listed on most sites, along with a history of bipolar disorder. I figured I would give the protocol a shot and started with 50 mgs of zinc and worked my way up to 100 mgs. The results have been fantastic. My ten year anxiety and nervousness problem has all but gone away, my voice is stronger and estrogen has most likely gone done as well bc I am no longer hypersexual. I am however shedding hair. I was losing hair before this but now it seems to have sped up a bit. Should I expect this to continue?

Bonsai6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: High Dose Zinc

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:20 am

Wow, sounds like a lot of zinc.  I take around 25 mg a day, I read a lot about high doses being dangerous.

As for shedding, doesn't zinc interfere with some other nutrients, maybe copper? You might want to look into that.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:53 am

Joe is right, you need to be balancing this zinc with copper. I take Nature's Life Zinc Picolinate that has the copper added into it in a perfect zinc:copper ratio. You also get a ton of capsules for your money. I take 60-90mg. I can't speak on the dosage other than I'm doing ok on the dosage I'm on now. The benefits I got from zinc supplementation fell off though. It's like I need to quit taking it every once in awhile to get the increased sex drive, motivation, and energy levels that it gives me when I start taking it again. I'm not sure why this might be but hopefully the benefits you've received are sustained.

I don't know why it might be causing more hair loss. It's not something I've observed.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bonsai6 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:29 am

I appreciate the responses. But, people with pyroluria that see positive changes like I have seen are always toxic in copper, I actually need to stay away from copper as much as possible. I was just curious if this shed meant new regrowth possibly

Bonsai6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top