Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical Estrogen for HairLoss

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Topical Estrogen for HairLoss

Post  Resistance on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:02 am

Hi Guys,

Looking for everyone's views on a topic that I haven't seen discussed properly yet.

Here's the question, is topical estrogen good, neutral or bad for hair loss?

The idea: Estrogen can bind to androgen receptors and AR and thus this occupancy means a decrease in DHT (I am talking about DHT at scalp levels). A similiar concept to Cyproterone acetate and others anti androgens that bind to DHT receptors and keep these occupied.

PS: I wish I could post links, but as a new member I don't have that permission, if you're interested just copy paste the info I provide below on google and you should reach its source.

Source 1
"Equilibrium binding studies indicated that the observed decrease in [3H]DHT binding after estradiol treatment was due to an absolute decrease in the number of cytoplasmic androgen receptors per cell. The estradiol-mediated reduction in androgen receptor content was dose dependent; a 50% reduction in androgen receptor number was observed after 6 days of treatment with 2.6 X 10(-11) M estradiol. Additional experiments revealed that MCF-7 cells exhibited a time-dependent increase in androgen receptor content when estradiol was withdrawn; continued estradiol treatment prevented this rise in receptor content. Moreover, androgen receptor levels began to decrease from the point when the ethanol vehicle added to the medium was replaced with 2.6 nM estradiol. In summary, estradiol treatment caused a reduction in androgen receptors, and estradiol withdrawal lead to a rise in androgen receptors"

Source 2
"In Europe, topically applied estrogens such as 17B-estadiole are used to treat androgenetic alopecia, both in women and men. The femal hormone 17B-Estradiol can be used only in women, whereas the hormonally almost inactive isomer 17a-estradiol can be used in men as well. "

Source 3
Page 5529 treats E2 as being 17β-estradiol, a estrogen hormone and claims:

"The competitive binding curve in Fig. 3B further showed that unlabeled E2, T, and DHT, but not Dex, can compete well with [3H]E2 binding to AR, indicating E2 specific binding between E2 and AR. The fact that unlabeled E2 can compete better than T And there's a graph for the ones that want to look into it.

Source 4
"systemic estrogens increase production of the glycoprotein sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), leading to a decrease in free testosterone. A 6 month study of a topical 17α-estradiol 0.025% preparation applied by 7 women with FPHL reported stabilization of hair loss and/or increased telogen hair shedding compared to 2 female control subjects.[25] More studies are warranted to validate the use of topical estrogens in AGA

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Topical Estrogen for HairLoss

Post  shaftless on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:35 am

The topical estradiol they used in europe...do you need a prescription for it? Or is it overthecounter. Why isn't it available here in north america?

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin on Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:55 pm

Would this be similar to the people rubbing estrogenic essential oils on themselves?(peppermint oil, tea tree oil etc.)
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:41 am

I don't know if you need to use a prescription for estradiol but you can get estrogen under several forms, you can buy this pueraria murifica (if i spelt that right) which mimics estrogen and is used by women to increase their breast and other femenine parts... you can get that anywhere and that is really strong estrogen.

So yea, I was wondering what people around here think about the logic of this subject... could it work as part of someones routine?

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:29 am

check out diane35.. for RESEARCH PURPOSES.. i think people were using it topically. although i know it contains other stuff besides estradiol. although.. this shit is dangerous.. you could start becoming a woman.. i would stay away FOR SURE.
sanderson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 am

sanderson wrote:check out diane35.. for RESEARCH PURPOSES.. i think people were using it topically. although i know it contains other stuff besides estradiol. although.. this shit is dangerous.. you could start becoming a woman.. i would stay away FOR SURE.

I don't think you will become a woman by using a topical, that itself does not make any sense. Yes the estrogen will affect the applied area but I very much doubt it will run in your bloodstream and affects all your other parts but regardless it will be interesting to see whoever has tried this. Myself I want to stay away of all sorts of estrogen

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top