Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

hard white crust on my follicles?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hard white crust on my follicles?

Post  dq139 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:29 am

hey guys,

when I was styling my hair this morning a few hairs fell out and I took a few and looked at the follicles...when I run my finger over the follice there is a white hard substance slightly bulging out of the follicle. what the hell could that be?

before I shampoo my hair I leave oil in it over night, then I shampoo it out. My mother is insisting the excess oil is clogging my follicles & hardening on them, but I dont see how she can be right.

Do you guys think it could be hardened residue & my option would be to wash my hair out better?

let me know & thanks for the help as always.

dq139

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: hard white crust on my follicles?

Post  SonofOdin on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:14 pm

I know exactly what you mean. The tip of the follicle when it falls out, has white crust. I'd get the same thing. I hopped on fin, and the few hairs I do shed, no longer have the white crust. So, there's a hint.

My scalp was obviously very sensitive to DHT, and we do know androgens increase oils, so perhaps you're experiencing the same thing. An oil build up. I actually don't know if that is something to worry about. If it is, there is not much you can do on it, because if you shampoo more often, your body will produce more sebum. If you go no-poo your body won't feel the need to produce as much sebum, but then you're not stripping the scalp of the oils anymore with a shampoo.

Edit: Read your post again, why are you leaving oil on your head at nights? I tried that and my scalp got so itchy and the outcome was not a good one.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:20 am

Do you think you are pulling the actual follicle bulb right out? If that was the case say by by to that hair shaft for it will never grow again. I don't think the follicle is that easy to pull out is it? Maybe it's just crusty buildup at the end where it breaks off from the follicle.

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dq139 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:40 am

SonofOdin wrote:I know exactly what you mean. The tip of the follicle when it falls out, has white crust. I'd get the same thing. I hopped on fin, and the few hairs I do shed, no longer have the white crust. So, there's a hint.

My scalp was obviously very sensitive to DHT, and we do know androgens increase oils, so perhaps you're experiencing the same thing. An oil build up. I actually don't know if that is something to worry about. If it is, there is not much you can do on it, because if you shampoo more often, your body will produce more sebum. If you go no-poo your body won't feel the need to produce as much sebum, but then you're not stripping the scalp of the oils anymore with a shampoo.

Edit: Read your post again, why are you leaving oil on your head at nights? I tried that and my scalp got so itchy and the outcome was not a good one.

I hear that different oils like Emu oil olive oil coconut oil Bhringraj oil ect. are anti dht and stimulate hair growth. thats why I leave the oil in my hair.

dq139

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top