FAQ
 Search

Can Weight Lifting accelerate MPB?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Can Weight Lifting accelerate MPB?

Post  Resistance on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Daredevil wrote:
Resistance wrote:My regimen is quite agressive, I have only started last week and I will tackle mainly androgenic receptors and conversion of testosterone to estrogen and thus dht, other than that its de calcification and increased blood flow.

Stinging nettle root - aromatase inhibitor
He shou wu - t:e control, dht catabolism - I am waiting on a new supplement now called Sulforaphane which will help out on dht catabolism too and reducing dht sensivity, or so I read.
Grapeseed extract - bloodflow enhancer, aromatase inhibitor
Vitamin d3, k2 and magnesium - decalcification
Magnesium oil topical before shower - as above
scalp massage with scalp brush and cold hair washes - blow flow

I am tempted to tackle other angles now such as fgf, seen a topical on ebay but quite costly so i will give a couple months to my new regimen and see.

as i said earlier, i only thinned in one of my temples so far, its not aggressive and hasn't progressed for over 6 months where i have only used topicals, 7 star needle, etc...i see a lot of vellus hairs but highly doubt they will grow so im not excited yet.

Wow that's a lot. Good luck to you man. Report your progress, we can all benefit from it.

I sure will, I will stick with this regimen for as long as it takes because I think if this natural approach don't work, nothing natural will and I will be off for a ht but i guess i will have to wait until its the right time because im nowhere near bald yet and judging by my siblings, it could be anything from 5 to 10 years...i am sure a lot of experiments will come but as i said i will stick to this core regimen.

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:52 am

From my own experience, *excessive* intensive exercise does cause hair to thin. From what I remember, intensive exercise, with little recovery time, causes microtrauma within muscle tissue, which then triggers the release of in IL-1 / IL-6 cytokines. These cytokines also home in on the CRTH2 receptor of follicles and lead to an inflammatory response.

It's OK to exercise, I'd just recommend to not over exercise.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:24 am

Xenon wrote:From my own experience, *excessive* intensive exercise does cause hair to thin. From what I remember, intensive exercise, with little recovery time, causes microtrauma within muscle tissue, which then triggers the release of in IL-1 / IL-6 cytokines. These cytokines also home in on the CRTH2 receptor of follicles and lead to an inflammatory response.

That makes sense, have you got a source?

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:49 am

Resistance wrote:
Xenon wrote:From my own experience, *excessive* intensive exercise does cause hair to thin. From what I remember, intensive exercise, with little recovery time, causes microtrauma within muscle tissue, which then triggers the release of in IL-1 / IL-6 cytokines. These cytokines also home in on the CRTH2 receptor of follicles and lead to an inflammatory response.

That makes sense, have you got a source?

The cytokines mentioned in the following study are involved in follicle inflammation; the study explains how over training causes an increase in these cytokines:

"Overtraining syndrome (OTS) is a condition wherein an athlete is training excessively, yet performance deteriorates. This is usually accompanied by mood/behavior changes and a variety of biochemical and physiological alterations. Presently, there is no global hypothesis to account for OTS. The present paper will attempt to provide a unifying paradigm that will integrate previous research under the rubric of the cytokine hypothesis of overtraining. It is argued that high volume/intensity training, with insufficient rest, will produce muscle and/or skeletal and/or joint trauma. Circulating monocytes are then activated by injury-related cytokines, and in turn produce large quantities of proinflammatory IL-1beta, and/or IL-6, and/or TNF-alpha, producing systemic inflammation."

Full study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10694113
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:17 am

I guess it explains how 100pushups a day have ruined my left temple in the space of 2 months, I guess I should have rested. Evil or Very Mad

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:32 am

Resistance wrote:I guess it explains how 100pushups a day have ruined my left temple in the space of 2 months, I guess I should have rested. Evil or Very Mad

This is exactly what happened to me. It's not the first time it's happened to me either.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:28 am

Bryan Haycock - HST. Check it out. It works beyond a shadow of a doubt. Ignore Weider split routines. I was mislead for years on training and came across HST about 4-5 years ago. I have lifted weights on and off since I was 15. I am now in my early 40's. HST caused big time growth. I went from split routines with heavy weight to HST doing 3 full body routines a week. I even went as high as 6 day a week full body routines, but that was too much for me. I came across HST after speaking to my sister inlaw who is a Physical Therapist (works with muscles) and she said the Science states that a muscle recovers in 48 hours. Anyway, I threw caution to the wind and embraced HST. I also use myo-reps as well. I will never look back. I am now at a size where some are saying it is too big (wife), so I have scaled back to working muscles two times a week.

I tend to agree with Xenon on not over doing things. I learned this the hard way. It is all a personal journey and you need to listen to your body. If you are over doing things, your body will certainly let you know.

All the best!

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:45 am

Renky, how big are you now? I've spent over 3 years in the gym and, it seems like me, and a lot of other naturals have hit a wall. Even one guy who was barbell rowing 315 for reps told me once 'Yea, at some point the muscle that was getting put on became so miniscule I barely noticed it. You're not much smaller than me you know'. This guy was putting everyone on gear to shame, and had nowhere near the size. I'm convinced that Kevin Sorbos, who played Hercules in the 90's is what most naturals can hope to someday achieve. But then there are guys like Leroy Colbert who claim to of built 21 inch biceps completely drug free. I don't know what to believe, but right now I have brought my arms from a measly 10.8 inches at age 21(I was the smallest dude in HS) to 15 inches without getting a gut.

I do think my perception is very warped, though. When I was a kid I used to think Hercules was massive, and now he looks tiny compared to the male actors now.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:25 am

I keep thinking I have hit a wall, but today I measured my arms and they are close enough to 18" now. My chest (fastest growing body part) got up to about 51", but that was too big and I was looking like I was all chest. I tapered off chest a bit and think it is probably around the 48" - 49" mark. I weigh about 205lbs. I did get as high as 220lbs for a while, but I had a bit too much body fat and I was just too big. It is clear that I am a bodybuilder. I am no Arnold Schwarzenegger or anything like that. I have never taken steroids (except for some prohormones prior to them being banned). I take the IH regimen consistently. I gave up even taking whey. In my opinion... Bryan Haycock is right on the money. I also read up on Mathius Wernbom and Borge Fragerli. These guys are cutting edge. I used to train like they said in the magazines, but as soon as my sister inlaw explained the science of muscle hypertrophy to me, this started my journey to discovering Bryan Haycock and all these other guys. I will NEVER EVER look back.

Hitting the wall is really saying that you have reached your limit with genetic potential. Where does this genetic potential sit? Heck knows... I still think I have a bit more growth in me yet, going by my arm measurement today. I am at the point now where I am basically satisfied with where I am at, but am still happy to play and see what happens. I have discovered that my testosterone levels are quite low (borderline needing Testosterone shots) and I have still been able to build muscle and develop a solid physique. I am addressing the testosterone issue at the moment (via natural methods) and will see what sort of impact this has on my muscle growth.

Remember though, muscle growth naturally is slow, BUT it will be the longest lasting. Do a Google search on retired professional Bodybuilders (aka "juiced up athletes). See how fast those dudes shrink after they drop the "cell tech"and that kind of gear. Not worth it...

A site I look at from time to time is called "natty or not". I do not agree with everything this guy says ( because according to his theories, I would be not natty due to my size ), but I think he is correct for the most part. It is not possible to achieve Arnold's or Jay Cutler's physique naturally. NO POSSIBLE WAY. Leroy Colbert... I have my doubts about him too, but maybe he was a genetic freak? Like I said though, I have my doubts. My Bodybuilding hero will always be Schwarzenegger, but the guy who was most realistic with size was Frank Zane. His physique was most identifiable for the common man in my opinion, but... It is widely reported he was on the "juice" also.

Getting back to the weightlifting and hair topic... I personally think that weight lifting is ok, as long as you do not overdo it. CS one told me some time ago, that it is not good to beat the body up so much with physical stress that your body is stuck in this catabolic state. I ramped up my training to 6 days a week where I did full body sessions each day and I did this for 3-4 months. It was rough and I ended up burning out. I paid the price and had to lay off training for a few weeks and recover. I came back and lowered the frequency. I listened to my body and trained accordingly. I tend to go with CS and keep the body out of being in that catabolic state for extended periods. You cannot keep placing demands and stress on your body continually without you having to pay the Piper.

The Hulk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top