FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The fabric of your clothes may be making you bald and sick.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The fabric of your clothes may be making you bald and sick.

Post  Xenon on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:19 pm

I created a thread a while back on how I noticed that polyester blend shirts kept causing an itch and inflammatory reaction in my scalp. So I stopped wearing them. Well, I also noticed that whenever I wear sweaters, the exact same thing happens. Today I have been wearing a sweater, and I noticed that my temples have been inflamed, so I check out the make of the sweater (as with another one causing scalp itch and inflammation), and I find out that both sweaters are made of acrylic. So, before I even check out Google for acrylic allergies, I immediately came across the following information, and it appears that my observations are correct.

Now, I took the sweater off five minutes ago, and lo and behold, the inflammation has totally disappeared. Once again, this is convincing me even more so that male pattern baldness is a unique sex characteristic which acts as an early warning alarm system to inform us that the body is being poisoned by toxins (as well as being damaged from other stressors). To simplify: anytime the body is under attack from toxic overload, an immune response occurs, and the follicles of the scalp are first to inflame before our health becomes seriously affected in the long run.

Another thing I also notice, whenever I wear these toxic fabrics, I become very lethargic. When the body is being steadily poisoned, an immune response occurs, and PGD2 increases, so that we become sleepy (lethargic) and hot (feverish). This happens so that we can rest and allow the body to fight off infections better.

What's more, the fabric of your bedding is likely poisoning you and causing the same inflammatory response for the entire time you're asleep. if your blankets, duvet covers, sheets, pillow cases are made from toxic fabrics, then, no doubt they are causing you to go bald. I have no doubt about it.

"Chemically treated natural and synthetic fabrics are a source of toxins that adversely affect your health and the health of the planet.

Here's our short list of fabrics to avoid, and the healthy ones to pick instead."

TOP 6 TOXIC FABRICS
1. Polyester is the worst fabric you can buy. It is made from synthetic polymers that are made from esters of dihydric alcohol and terpthalic acid.

2. Acrylic fabrics are polycrylonitriles and may cause cancer, according to the EPA.

3. Rayon is recycled wood pulp that must be treated with chemicals like caustic soda, ammonia, acetone and sulphuric acid to survive regular washing and wearing.

4. Acetate and Triacetate are made from wood fibers called cellulose and undergo extensive chemical processing to produce the finished product.

5. Nylon is made from petroleum and is often given a permanent chemical finish that can be harmful.

6. Anything static resistant, stain resistant, permanent press, wrinkle-free, stain proof or moth repellant. Many of the stain resistant and wrinkle-free fabrics are treated with perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs), like Teflon.

MODERN MATERIALS
Keep in mind that many fabrics (including natural fibers) undergo significant processing that often involves:

Detergents
Petrochemical dyes
Formaldehyde to prevent shrinkage
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
Dioxin-producing bleach
Chemical fabric softeners
These additives are often toxic to the human body, may contain heavy metals and can pollute our environment.

With these kinds of warnings, what can you do?

If you are chemically sensitive or just want to surround yourself with healthy fabrics, there are new options.

http://bodyecology.com/articles/top_6_fabrics_you_should_avoid_wearing.php

Last edited by Xenon on Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The fabric of your clothes may be making you bald and sick.

Post  Xenon on Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Fact or Myth: Are Clothes Made with Synthetic Fibers Toxic Clothing and Hazardous to Your Health?

This is a FACT.

Clothing made from synthetic fibers — rayon, acrylic, polyester, spandex and olefin, for example — contains toxic chemicals that pose serious risks to your health. toxic clothing

Until the beginning of the 20th century, all clothing was made from natural fibers. But today, manufactures are making toxic clothing, using over 8,000 synthetic chemicals to produce the garments we wear on our bodies.

“The use of manmade chemicals [in clothing] is increasing,” says Dr. Richard Dixon, Head of the World Wildlife Federation (WWF) Scotland, “and at the same time we have warning signals that a variety of wildlife and human health problems are becoming more prevalent.”

Some of the toxins found in clothes with synthetic fibers include:

• Formaldehyde
• Brominated flame retardants
• Perfluorinated chemicals (Teflon)

Many of these synthetic chemicals are geared toward keeping clothes wrinkle free so that people won’t need to iron. But are wrinkle-resistant clothes worth the risk of serious health problems when these toxic chemicals penetrate our skin?

Health complications associated with skin contact with the toxic chemicals in synthetic clothing include infertility…respiratory diseases..contact dermatitis…and cancer, to name just a few.

One of these thousands of chemicals used to produce synthetic fabric is formaldehyde – and this single chemical has been linked to a 30% increase in lung cancer.

Formaldehyde can be found in fabrics that are labeled as:

• Anti-cling, anti-static, anti-shrink
• Waterproof
• Perspiration-proof
• Moth-proof and mildew resistant
• Chorine resistant
Most governments regulate formaldehyde levels in the toxic clothing we all wear; however, the United States government does not.

In the absence of governmental protection, health conscious consumers must take their own precautions. Be aware of the adverse effect that these multiple chemicals might have when interacting with each other and your skin.

When you can, choose clothing made from natural fibers such as:

• Cotton -preferably organic, though less than 1% of worldwide cotton production meets the organic standard.
• Flax-one of the strongest fibers found in nature.
• Hemp-some say its fibers are 4 times stronger than cotton!
• Silk-but be extra cautious about synthetic agents used to dye silk.
• Wool-if it’s not organic wool, it’s most likely contaminated with chemicals from the pesticides used to kill parasites.

Read more: http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/toxic-clothing-synthetic-fibers-hazard-to-health/#ixzz42k79Yit3
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:52 pm

Appreciate all of this but highly doubt that this has any impact in mpb and hair loss at all. Nevertheless, I just wanted to add my to cents and say that PGD2 is only a small drop in the ocean for hair loss, I myself have got asthma therefore my body releases high levels of PGD2 constantly, I suffer from morning allergies and inflammation (my eyes and the lot) every single day of my life to the extent that everyone in my company who comes to my office in the morning thinks something is wrong with me, the missus has "forced" me to live with 2 cats for the past 3 yrs or so to which I am...partially...allergic to (I am sure you heard about pheromones) and basically the bottom line is I will b 26 later this year, suffered from STRONG allergies and inflammation all my life and held up to my hair perfectly, I am a NW2 at max which is not much different to what I was born with, if pgd2 was a problem in my life I wouldn't have made it past 18. MPB is genetic, its dht, wnt, pgd2 and the lot...if pgd2 was the cause we all knew how to block it (setipiprant)

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:19 am

Well, as mentioned, what drawn my attention to these fabrics (polyester blend and acrylic), was the onset of an immune response within my temples. I've come to notice this a number of times in the past (inc. last night), and, whenever I remove clothes made from such fabrics, the inflammation starts to disappear. Can that seriously be coincidence? IMO these fabrics contain toxins which initiate an immune response, hence the flight attendants uniforms in the other thread who also reported increased cases of hairloss and other immune related disorders. Synthetic toxic fabrics are not the only cause of such an immune response, but I'm convinced that they play a major role.

BTW I 100% agree with you that MPB is genetic. I've been making many posts about how I believe androgens trigger a baldness gene, which then causes an upregulation in immunological receptors (CRTH2) in scalp follicles, thereby making them highly immunoreactive. Therefore, whenever there is an increase in circulating cytokines (initiated by toxins, stress, etc), they readily home in on these cells and cause inflammation. Seti is an antagonist to the CRTH2 (or PGD2 D2) receptor, which prevents TH2 cytokines binding with target cells and initiating an inflammatory response.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Resistance on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:45 am

Indeed, but the truth is that as far as we know Seti and quercitin have not solved anyone's problem yet and industries dont seem to be worried about it, they're instead focused (samumed recently) on wnt pathways which actually are documented and linked with increased cancer risk

Resistance

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:03 am

Yes, I think that Swiss guy combined Fin with Seti, and if I also remember rightly, he was taking a drug which stimulates increased production of progenitors. The latter, IMO, is one of the main concerns, because it appears to me, that cells which have been subjected to continuous immune attack experience degradation in progenitor cells (esp in the case of MPB). So even if the DHT, PGD2, inflammatory issues have been dealt with, without an adequate store of progenitors, hair will not be able to go terminal. But, without harping on, progenitors might migrate to the bulge if given enough recovery time. We see terminal hair regrow in alopecia areata sufferers, so the same might be true in the case of MPB.

P.S. You might want to check the following out. Apparently, increased PGE2 stimulates the production of stem cells after injury. It might well be, that low production of PGE2 (due to a baldness gene) is responsible for degradation of progenitors after the follicle has been subjected to inflammation. This may explain why hairloss is especially accelerated in men who frequently boar brush or cause other injuries to their tissue:

"A derivative of prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), originally developed to fight stomach ulcers but then abandoned, boosted blood stem cell formation three- to four-fold. As reported in the Journal Nature in 2007, PGE2 helped both adult zebrafish and mice recover their blood cell populations after injury.

“We weren’t specifically looking for prostaglandins,” says Zon. “This was a surprise finding.”

Because PGE2 is already approved by the FDA for other uses, the drug moved swiftly to testing in patients. In May, 2009, a Phase I clinical trial of PGE2 began at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Massachusetts General Hospital, led by Corey Cutler M.D., M.P.H., of Dana-Farber and sponsored by Fate Therapeutics.

In the two-year Phase I trial, which is still open for enrollment, 12 adults undergoing treatment for leukemia or lymphoma will receive blood stem cells from two donor umbilical cords, one or both of which will be pre-treated with PGE2.

If the drug works as hoped, a single cord may provide enough stem cells to successfully engraft in patients’ bone marrow and produce the range of healthy blood cells needed. This could make cord blood a more viable option for patients who lack a matched donor for a marrow transplant. Zon hopes to move to Phase II testing, which would involve 40-80 patients at multiple centers.

PGE2 is a first-of-a-kind discovery in several ways. Previous studies, including one from Zon’s own lab, had found ways to boost formation of blood stem cells, none of them lent themselves to broad medical use. PGE2 is the first small-molecule drug found to induce stem-cell production, the first drug discovered using zebrafish to go to clinical trial, and the first drug discovered through stem cell research to reach patients. Interestingly, PGE2 also seems to stimulate regeneration in other tissues, such as the liver.

Prostaglandins are known to be released by the body when inflammation is present—such as after an injury—and may be among the compounds that aid recovery. “So it makes some sense that prostaglandins would have the ability to enhance regrowth of cells,” Zon says."

http://stemcell.childrenshospital.org/treating-patients/a-stem-cell-boosting-drug-goes-from-fishtank-to-bedside-2/
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:59 am

I've always only worn natural fibres (cotton, wool, bamboo etc.). Same for bedding and bedsheets. Don't think it's made much differnce, but never like synthetics... feel horrible and all that static.
Columbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:19 am

Columbo wrote:I've always only worn natural fibres (cotton, wool, bamboo etc.). Same for bedding and bedsheets. Don't think it's made much differnce, but never like synthetics... feel horrible and all that static.

Well, all I know is, two forms of synthetic fabrics have caused an immune attack throughout my temples. The inflammation started off low grade, then mid; no doubt it would have gotten worse if I kept the sweaters on, and kept wearing the same fabrics each day. Of course there are a many more inflammatory initiators, but I think the toxic fabric issue is something worth taking note of, esp if it helps to slow down your hairloss. When those Alaskan Airlines flight attendants said that their new uniforms were causing hairloss and other problems, I can't help but agree after experiencing the same things first hand.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top