Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

How to darken your hair naturally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to darken your hair naturally

Post  Grub on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Has anyone had any success with darkening their hair naturally?

Grub

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to darken your hair naturally

Post  bocor on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:36 am

Anything that increases melanin production might help I recently started high dose ksm 66 ashwaggandha 3 grams a day should help as well I also take Kratom powder everyday 1 tbsp which also should help we will see also look at study on adzuki beans it has hair darkening effect in studies

bocor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bocor on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:37 am

Maybe telomerase activation should help potentially things like tocotrienols

bocor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Oker on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:51 am

Blackstrap Molasses(internally or topically) and castor oil.
Oker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:30 am

LLLT also gets good reviews on hair darkening, looking forward to OMG's updates.
All the other people trying things, keep us updated. It's a really interesting topic.

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reseeding on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:41 am

Do you mean darken hair (that isn't grey yet) or reverse grey hair? I just recently bought pseudocatalase to try and reverse my grey beard.(I believe it's technically a drug though) I'm going to start applying it this week. I've also read about onion juice being effective.
Reseeding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:45 am

You could try MSM:

http://www.hairloss-research.org/february3.html

It mentions "health and appearance" of hair, I guess that would include color, anyway MSM is amazing so it's worth a shot.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:21 am

Reseeding wrote:Do you mean darken hair (that isn't grey yet) or reverse grey hair? I just recently bought pseudocatalase to try and reverse my grey beard.(I believe it's technically a drug though) I'm going to start applying it this week. I've also read about onion juice being effective.

where did you buy that pseudocatalase? I remember two sellers fighting over the net that the other seller is useless and vice versa.
I remember a thread on LEF on reversing greys but many people broke things down without having tried it.
All people having had greys using LLLT have seen their greys darkening but of course any other alternative should be discussed.

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE: HOW TO DARKEN YOUR HAIR NATURALLY

Post  Reseeding on Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:04 am

Hey djenner,
I got the pseudocatalase off of ebay.

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10g-Pseudocatalase-PC-KUS-Recently-Reported-to-Treat-Vitiligo-Gray-Hair-/171056895170

Ha ha. That's funny there was a war over the stuff. Not sure if the company I am buying from was involved in that.
I haven't started on the stuff yet. Will be in the next few days. I'll post back about it in a couple months if anyone is interested. Forgot to mention in my last post that Vitamin e tocotrienols can increase hair density aaand make it darker too.

Talks about it at the bottom of this article.
http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateMichaelMooney1-13.html
Reseeding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:11 am

I turned grey in 2013 at the age of 31. It was a huge difference in just a few months time.
Since then I have tried a few things without results:

vitamin complexes ( high in B, tyrosine, copper)
wheatgrass
melitane
pseudocatalase ( had to wash my hair twice a day but I dont know if I did it the right way)

I used all treatments for at least six months.

Doing some research, a good LLLT device is the best option. All users with grey hair notice reversals.

PS What do u mean with vitamin E? topical or oral? Any evidence backing this up?

Many thanks

Last edited by djenner on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changes)

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reseeding on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:45 pm

I wish they made an LLT for beards...ha ha! I'd try it for sure. Get rid of my white chin. The vitamin e tocotrienols info that I read about was from that hairloss-research website (made a link to it in previous post). Apparently there were studies about it.

LEF brand Super Absorbable tocotrienols is what I bought. Only been taking it for a month (orally) No extra hair reported yet and haven't noticed it getting darker either.

I heard with pseudocatalase that you need to expose yourself to the sun for a brief period to activate the melanocytes or something like that. And pseudocatalase reacts easily with stuff making it useless, so I am just mixing the pure powder with distilled water and applying it to my chin/beard.
Reseeding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:51 am

Good luck. So what's the ratio of water-powder you use. OMG is creating something for sideburns, so you can ask it.
I heard UVB lamps is also good to use with pseudocatalase, I probably used it the wrong way. Do u know about people having used succesfully?

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro on Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:13 am

i once read somewhere that forskolin in vodka (80-proof grain alcohol / 40% ethanol in water) creates more melanocites. people were trying it for this very purpose. I would like to try it to see if i can get a better tan. but while more melanocites would mean more melanin and hence more protection from the harmful UV rays, at the same time perhaps more melanocites would mean more chances for a melanoma?
magic_gro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reseeding on Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:19 pm

That ebay site that sells the pseudocat also displays a recipe for distilled water and their powder (comes in two packets). Also you are supposed to wait for 10 mins after you apply it before applying anything else. (apparently pseudocat stops reacting with the hydrogen peroxide in your hair follicles after 10 mins)
Interesting post about forskolin, magic_gro. I've never heard about that. :-) Gonna check into that a bit more.
Reseeding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:25 pm

Two years ago I did the shampoo method ( ph neutral shampoo) shampooed my hair twice a day, waited ten minutes each time but after half a year no results. So it seems to have become easier now.

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:55 am

PS there are two sellers on ebay: Nyles and pseudocatalase. I used the shampoo method from the second one with no results. On the LEF forums many users did this with zero results.
Maybe those 5 minutes leave on and washing afterwards is not sufficient to have results and it turned my head into a very dull mass.

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reseeding on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:46 pm

I got my stuff from the Nyles7 guy. That sucks most people weren't getting results. Hopefully it will work for me. Ha ha. After researching a bit more, I'm adding a few extra things. Probably forskolin, PABA and tocotrienols. I only have patches of grey so I'm thinking its more to do with hydrogen peroxide build up as opposed to copper deficiency, but just my theory. I was reading some article theorizing that Einstein was totally grey because of a copper deficiency and he died of an aneurysm (aneurysms apparently linked to copper deficiency too). Come to think of it, perhaps I will take some Organic Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses as well (for the copper) I've noticed the molasses thing come up a lot with lots of success stories. I think Oker posted about it too.
Reseeding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Yes but those people had bought from the other seller and used the shampoo method.

I purchased 20 pct forskolin which was affordable but it was a dirty brown powder and didn't know how to use it, with alcohol it became a very dirty mass and very impossible to use on your whole head.

On the LEF forum you found tons of obnoxious people as well. They laughed at the idea of onion juice but in the end no one had tried it.

Don't use too many stuff simultaneously or use it simultaneously on one spot so you know what ( or what combo) works.

I see LLLT gets some attention again on the forum. Been trying to contact OMG for a while with no success, hopefully he'll be back soon.

Never tried BSM but I tried copper, and a mineral complex ( had blood tests and wasnt deficient in minerals) so I wonder if BSM would do something if you're not deficient, something extra I mean.

I did try Diameteneous earth for a long time without any results.

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reseeding on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Wow. You've tried quite a few things. :-) So forskolin was a mess, eh? I'll have to remember that! :-) I came across this study that supposedly speeds up the results of pseudocatalase, but it was only done on vitiligo sufferers. If you live near/planning on a vacation to Jordan or Israel, swim in the dead sea everyday! ha ha!
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12207762

What is "20 pct"? Does that mean 20% forskolin power or something?
Thanks for the tip. I think I am getting a little eager with the topicals.... Ha ha!
Yeah, there is probably more than just the copper in BSM.
I always picture the obnoxious folks doing this on their computer when they are on the attack! :-D
http://imgur.com/gallery/W8ykmuc

BTW - Talking to my friend the other night and she told me that her mother was using Argan oil for the last year on her face. Her hair is completely grey except for a ring of black hair surrounding her face. They think wherever the argan oil went onto her scalp it reversed the grey, but its taken almost a year. She also massaged her scalp nightly as well.
Reseeding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE : How to darken your hair naturally

Post  dubaihairtransplant on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Use natural oil a little bit after every bath. Guaranteed Wink

dubaihairtransplant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:28 pm

There are tons of oils, I've currently added some castor oil to my coconut oil and use it three times a week, but I've only started like a couple of weeks ago.
On the forskolin: I mean: it's 20 pct purity but it's dirty stuff and has a bad smell.

I'm going to try the BSM for a few months, I've also heard it should work better when you combine it with apple cider vinegar.

I just hope the new OMG helmets will be out soon but a good combo is probably the best option.

So your mom's friend had grey hair in that area before applying argan oil?

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE : HOW TO DARKEN YOUR HAIR NATURALLY

Post  Reseeding on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Seems like most natural supplements that we try smell bad! :-/
I was chatting with my friend about grey hair and this forum, actually. That's when she told me her mother's result with argan oil. The mom has been totally grey for a number of years. She started using argan oil on her face for her skin. The grey reversal was an unintended side effect. It took almost a year before she noticed the reversal..

Reseeding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:57 am

I wonder if other oils would also do the job. And if you should use it every day ( three days a week is more practical). To use argan oil on your scalp every day would be a bit expensive I guess.

djenner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top