Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

GLA and ALA for hair loss.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GLA and ALA for hair loss.

Post  CampOfDavid on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:23 am

I am quite new to this whole seen, so forgive me if this is old.
But I read this on a thread earlier:

"Studies Gamma Linolenic Acid, Alpha Linolenic Acid, and Linoleic Acid
In the following studies, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), and Linoleic Acid were shown to be the most potent known inhibitors of type 1 and 2 forms of 5-alpha reductase and highly effective in decreasing the levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). More importantly this is accomplished without affecting any systemic effects. The study further suggests that these fatty acids can be useful in the treatment of disorders related to dihydrotestosterone including male pattern baldness, acne, and excessive female body hair (hirsuitism).
So we need Borage oil+ Omega 3 fish oil with a lot of EPA DHA along with Sesamin oil internally= bad ass hairloss treatment."

It was taken from this link below:
https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/11324-GLA-for-hair-loss

Does anyone know how good these oils are for hair-loss; and whether that is by taking them internally or placing them externally?

Thank you Smile
CampOfDavid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GLA and ALA for hair loss.

Post  LawOfThelema on Tue May 03, 2016 4:11 pm

CampOfDavid wrote:I am quite new to this whole seen, so forgive me if this is old.
But I read this on a thread earlier:

"Studies Gamma Linolenic Acid, Alpha Linolenic Acid, and Linoleic Acid
In the following studies, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), and Linoleic Acid were shown to be the most potent known inhibitors of type 1 and 2 forms of 5-alpha reductase and highly effective in decreasing the levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). More importantly this is accomplished without affecting any systemic effects. The study further suggests that these fatty acids can be useful in the treatment of disorders related to dihydrotestosterone including male pattern baldness, acne, and excessive female body hair (hirsuitism).
So we need Borage oil+ Omega 3 fish oil with a lot of EPA DHA along with Sesamin oil internally= bad ass hairloss treatment."

It was taken from this link below:
https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/11324-GLA-for-hair-loss

Does anyone know how good these oils are for hair-loss; and whether that is by taking them internally or placing them externally?

Thank you Smile

no one knows really, because no one has tested it. all that was shown is in vitro they inhibit 5aR and the shrink the hamster flank organ when applied.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top