Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Flatten Scalp During Sleep

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flatten Scalp During Sleep

Post  dzai on Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:33 am

I've been doing detumescence since November '15 and haven't really seen much improvement other than healthier hair and no dandruff which is great, but I'm just assuming it'll take at least year to see some results. I shaved my head to make the massaging easier and since have actually seen a loss on the top of my head.

After reading the Chinese study on it I tried to flatten my scalp by sleeping with my head right against our headboard. I roll up a towel and put it under my neck for support. After two days the top of my dome was noticeably flatter, but my hair was thinning much quicker.

Has any one tried this method? I'm assuming that the constant pressure from the headboard pushes against the scalp but at the same time doesn't allow blood to flow to the top.

dzai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flatten Scalp During Sleep

Post  SuperMechanioventraliosis on Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:56 am

Right now I'm doing scalp "rolling" with a baseball on the floor. My scalp is sore.

especially right under where my youthful hairline used to be, at the center between the two temples. 
There is a big lump of jelly that flattens and becomes soft after I roll the spot. I'm thinking that it was enough to get the calcification/lymph stagniation going, but obviously if left, it will settle agian.

Someone in a previous thread sent a link to another forum, some poster had a quite rich post the idea was as follows:

It is not lack of blood ciculation to the scalp, it is retention of fluid, so he argued that decreasing blood flow, or improving venous outflow gives result.

Aka exactly like edema in the lower leg. So right now I'm looking for head compression garments to sleep with, haven't been lucky yet.

My problem with the garments are fear of restricting blood flow, so I'll have to research that.

I'm though using an elastic fiber kidsunderwear that compresses nicely. Don't have the guts to sleep with it yet..(Imagine waking up with a big red scalp and all hair gone  silent )

SuperMechanioventraliosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:07 am

Sleeping with thick pillows elevates the head and decreases blood and lymphatic flow.

Organism

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Palcom on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:28 pm

those poor blood vessels on your scalp....
I wonder what condition they will be in if you continue on with years of mechanical force.
Stick to the boar bristle brush if you want any longevity of these vessels. Not to mention nerve damage.
Palcom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dzai on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:33 am

Yeah, poor blood flow is what I'm worried about. I'm thinking of maybe doing it two nights a week. It seems to work in regards to flatten the scalp and I don't have to waste time during the day doing it.
I do use a brush and fingers to stimulate the scalp, but that's not enough to actually flatten the top of my head. I wonder if i just force the scalp to flatten quicker over a period of a month, by using the headboard every night, deal with the hair loss and then stop, so the hair can grow back quicker with the flat scalp will make it work.

So far, I haven't seen a single thread or blog about how DT has actually restored disappeared hairline, which is slightly worrying. The study itself claims that it has done so, but there weren't any before or after pictures or testimonials. I've seen JD Moyers, but he just looks like he has thicker hair, not restored hairline.

dzai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Palcom on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:45 am

To call it a study is being kind. The idea that "flattening" your head will grow back hair grossly underestimates the complexity of the condition.
Boar brushing has multiple ways in which help in the fight. Each to their own, just please be careful. Blood Vessel damage cannot be repaired.
Palcom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:33 am

dzai wrote:So far, I haven't seen a single thread or blog about how DT has actually restored disappeared hairline, which is slightly worrying. The study itself claims that it has done so, but there weren't any before or after pictures or testimonials. I've seen JD Moyers, but he just looks like he has thicker hair, not restored hairline.

Keanoseg regrew his hairline. Their may still be photos floating around on the site.

Certainly there was far more success recorded in the original DT thread that got deleted.

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:51 am

Joey Ramone wrote:
dzai wrote:So far, I haven't seen a single thread or blog about how DT has actually restored disappeared hairline, which is slightly worrying. The study itself claims that it has done so, but there weren't any before or after pictures or testimonials. I've seen JD Moyers, but he just looks like he has thicker hair, not restored hairline.

Keanoseg regrew his hairline. Their may still be photos floating around on the site.

Certainly there was far more success recorded in the original DT thread that got deleted.

Yeah, also in JD Moyer's DT update called DT regrowth faq or whatever, those pictures seem pretty legit.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Hi guys,
I would not encourage head reshaping. If you had to go that direction I think it would be easier to stretch the skin or soften it. For me the idea of cutting off bloodflow, oxygenation, blocking pores, and more pressure on an area that your goal is to reduce pressure - makes no sense.
You can see my regrow photos at the link below, and others are having success also. It is not normal DT, but it is using intermittent pressure. I was thinking that my scalp would become softer to the pinch and looser, but it has not. It has become healthy and regrowing hair.

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11945-selected-dt-cpr-photographs

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dzai on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:36 am

Palcom wrote:To call it a study is being kind. The idea that "flattening" your head will grow back hair grossly underestimates the complexity of the condition.
Boar brushing has multiple ways in which help in the fight. Each to their own, just please be careful. Blood Vessel damage cannot be repaired.

I assumed it was more complex than that, but I don't know to what degree. The people I have seen with thick hair, do tend to have a flatter and looser scalp. All my bald friends have dome shaped heads, so it seemed like a simple correlation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but head reshaping would seem like a key factor as it's the doming that causes the pressure and hair loss in the first place? I don't see many dome shaped heads with lots of hair. I would be surprised if the headboard did damage blood vessels, since we sleep on our heads every night. Our headboard has cushioning so it's not that different from a pillow. That being said, the quickness of the thinning hair did make me stop immediately.
Thanks for the link cdto2012, looking through your pictures and methods now. Thanks for the input guys, I guess I'll continue to do more research before pursuing this as part of my regiment.

dzai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMechanioventraliosis on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:45 am

Joey Ramone wrote:

Just read some of Keanoseg's comment. Smart dude.

One of his comments was about his massage: press-pinch followed by press-stretch and repeat.

It's maybe about "sucking" (Like a suction cup) whatever goo is down there?

I tried it yesterday, my right temple smelled like garlic. But what's nice about is, is I don't have to apply huge amounts of pressure.
I get the feel of his comments, that it's not the pressure, but the repetition of the movement.

SuperMechanioventraliosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top