FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Any Downsides To Applying A Ton Of Coconut Oil For A Few hours Most Days Of The Week?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any Downsides To Applying A Ton Of Coconut Oil For A Few hours Most Days Of The Week?

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Hi all

Most days of the week (like 5-6) I apply a LOT of coconut oil to my hair and scalp.  I make sure every part of my scalp is covered, then work it through my hair.  I put so much on that a lot of it ends up dripping down onto the floor.  Then, after a few hours I reapply it to my temples mostly.  It's a ton of oil, when I run my hands over my hair after I finish applying it, it makes a "slush" sound.

Are there any downsides to doing this, besides maybe wasting some oil by applying too much?

I usually let it sit for at LEAST 3 hours, then wash it off in the shower with a sulfate-free shampoo.

I can't really think of any downsides but I want to be sure.

Thanks for any help!

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Downsides To Applying A Ton Of Coconut Oil For A Few hours Most Days Of The Week?

Post  harechallenge on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:23 pm

I did apply some India brand oil on my scalp 5 days per week (see my first post) and slept with it in . A main ingredient is coconut oil. There was no shedding or scalp acne when I stopped. It did stain pillow covers.

harechallenge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Any Downsides To Applying A Ton Of Coconut Oil For A Few hours Most Days Of The Week?

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Yeah I tried using a shower cap once but I couldn't figure out how to use it, lol

But the amount I use would just completely mess up my bed

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top