Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do we need to cycle supplements?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do we need to cycle supplements?

Post  SuperMechanioventraliosis on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:40 am

So, hair studies on mice I've seen, hair grows "crippling", as in hair doesn't randomly pop up, but flows from an area with a lot of hair.

Disclaimer: This is way over what I know about hair cycling and stimulation, but I'm hoping others can chime in.

So quickly: Hairs transition from anagen(growing) to catagen(grow stop) to telogen(resting) and this cycle is influenced by a lot of factors, which some of may be promoting anagen or telogen depending on avialability of other factors. This cycle is also affected by hormones in the body, that are subject to seasonal variation.
According to wiki  avg anagen is 2-8years, catagen 2-3weeks, telogen 3 months.

In balding, at all times the anagen/telogen ratio is reduced.

Minidooxil and Finasteride cause an initial shedding, before growth occurs.
Is it possible they cause a syncing of active and inactive, so anagen/telogen is raised in growth, but reduced in shedding

So, Assuming anagen hair follicles stimulate neighboring follicles to go anagen(somebody help with a study? I don't even know how to search for this), It would be beneficial if we can sync most follicles to enter anagen at the same time.

How would we do that? There's hormones influence, circidian rhythm and supplements.

So, maybe depending on time of the year(which influnece phase of hair) we should be supplementing with telogen(or catagen?) promoting factors, and then after the neccesary time, blast it off with anagen promotion. Cycling.
Obviously some risks, but telogen efflivium sufferers do come back, so it's not completly insane.

What do you think?

SuperMechanioventraliosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we need to cycle supplements?

Post  SonofOdin on Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:22 am

Interesting theory and you're absolutely right when it comes to minoxidil. When I was researching it, I stumbled across a very informative post by one of the experts on another forum: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/66409-Is-it-possible-that-rogaine-will-make-me-bald-faster

Scroll down, and read the third post by Dr. House. The jist of it is, yes minoxidil is synchronizing hair anagen/catagen cycles... and it is benefiting how thick the hair looks. The question is how and why. Many think minoxidil works simply by increasing blood flow. We have tools to do that naturally such as massages, and various vitamins or even exercise. But minoxidil is not cycled. How is it doing this automatically?

Also, do we have anything natural that is powerful enough to promote these phases? This isn't something I've looked into before. Cool idea though interested to see what others have to say
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMechanioventraliosis on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:35 am

I'm hoping there is something, maybe one of the VIP, KGF, BMP-4 etc(Which may or may not promote anagen, I read it before, kinda forgot)

I always burn out and stop after reading on some mechanisms, so this time, I think I need to plan it out, and understand, no rush.

1. Understand circidan rhytm, genes involved and affect on hormone activity during the day / season.
2. Making sure circidian rhytm and body rhytm is in sync(I will have to find it, but delayed body rhythm to circidian rhytm in reumatid arthrisi meant that the joint couldn't get in on the reparing action messages the brain was issuing)
4. Understand Hair follicle phases and factors involved, that may have rhytmic activity.

Melatonin: Ths is a study, that found nighttime topical melatonin application stopped hair loss lessens sebohrra and some grew hair.
Melatonin I think I've read is a signal molecule from the circidian rhytm, it has anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic effect.
But also, it signals the cells that it is time to repair(it's dark go to sleep, repair), so I think the fact it is working could signal that a disruption of circidian rhytm and genes involved is at play.

BMP-2: a protien expressed in fat cells. Too high concentrtions, and the hair follicle can't enter anagen again.  Gremlin-2 antagonizes BMP-2, and is controlled by the circidian rhytm. Vitamin K2 MK4 inhibts BMP-2 synthesis, so we need to know the concentration cycle of BMP-2 during the day, to find out the best time MK-4 can have highest effect.

DHT daily cycle have different spikes depending on season(See fig. 1 here). So seasons should decide what time during the day, a 5-AR would be most benefical. In marts DHT peaks at 1500 and 0500, June have no spike, but is generally elevated during the day, september a spike at 2200. December spikes at 0000 and 0900-1200. Ofc assuming monkeys have similair hormonal cycle to humans, lol.

The idea is there is a lot of supplements that influence HF phases, but obviously futile if were to applied randomly.

SuperMechanioventraliosis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top