Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Does anyone on here still do any form of LLLT treatment

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone on here still do any form of LLLT treatment

Post  foofighters on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:18 pm

It's been a while since i've read anyone mention it, used to be all the rage around the time over macho grande was active over at world hair loss, i'd just like to hear how people are getting on with their treament and why perhaps we don't hear it mentioned as much nowadays.
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone on here still do any form of LLLT treatment

Post  NDW on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:35 pm

I do. It's right up there with finasteride and minoxidil.
NDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Oh and there are also doctors recommending it and hundreds of clinics around the country using it. Shit works.
NDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:17 am

methylene blue can be used instead

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:52 am

NDW wrote:Oh and there are also doctors recommending it and hundreds of clinics around the country using it. Shit works.

oh great, could you tell me when you first started to notice results and how long you've experienced good results?
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW on Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:45 am

First of all, LLLT is great for diffuse thinners. If you have a thick healthy head of hair but simply have a receding hair line LLLT wont do as much for you. I'm not sure if it gives regrowth, but it slows hair loss and makes you hair thicker, and look way better.

I probably saw results in 3-6 months and it has kept my hair looking good for probably 5 years (it's been so long since I started I cant remember exactly).
NDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:14 pm

NDW wrote:First of all, LLLT is great for diffuse thinners. If you have a thick healthy head of hair but simply have a receding hair line LLLT wont do as much for you. I'm not sure if it gives regrowth, but it slows hair loss and makes you hair thicker, and look way better.

I probably saw results in 3-6 months and it has kept my hair looking good for probably 5 years (it's been so long since I started I cant remember exactly).

is a very clean scalp important? the reason i ask is that i like to leave some oils/grease in my hair as i prefer the way it leaves my hair looking, in other words, i do wash my hair but not to the point that all oils get washed away.

which LLLT device do you use by the way?
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:47 pm

People generally recommend using LLLT on a clean scalp. I use a Laser Messiah 2.0.
NDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:10 pm

So when you say "shit works" it just means cosmetically...fattens the hair shafts a bit to cover the scalp more. Has there been any reports of real regrowth?

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:33 pm

shaftless wrote:So when you say "shit works" it just means cosmetically...fattens the hair shafts a bit to cover the scalp more. Has there been any reports of real regrowth?

correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't fattening up a hair shaft help it from turning into a vellus hair which dissapears?
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:53 am

Yes, but if you don't have too many existing hair shafts to fatten up then you're gonna be a bit disappointed.

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:13 am

LLLT can provide mild to moderate regrowth. If you are a diffuse thinner and not using LLLT, a non LLLT forum like this is doing you more harm than good.
NDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:17 am

shaftless wrote:Yes, but if you don't have too many existing hair shafts to fatten up then you're gonna be a bit disappointed.

still, it's a great tool, i'm not a female but just think about all the women that could benifit from LLLT, as you know much women are diffuse thinners and not candidates for hair transplants.
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:21 am

NDW wrote:LLLT can provide mild to moderate regrowth. If you are a diffuse thinner and not using LLLT, a non LLLT forum like this is doing you more harm than good.

That's the problem, Over Macho Grande has been away for a while, working on his new products, his forum world hair loss has been down for a long time, since this time, very little people talk about LLLT, all you find is people talking about laser combs and lasercaps that are underpowered and not giving LLLT any justice
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:10 am

foofighters wrote:]underpowered and not giving LLLT any justice

FWIW, I agree that more lasers are better.  Can even build a 1200 laser hat/helmet for the same weight as a 400 laser OMG design for under $300.  A 400 watt OMG style helmet is about the max weight you'd want, IME but with the new mini lasers, can use 3x more lasers and for a fraction of the cost of Aixiz lasers 

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11593-laserhat-howtolou

Just need to make sure the lasers are 1.5 - 2 cm from tip of laser to scalp is the key used 10 - 20 minutes 3 x per week.  Although 10 minutes IME is better.  

LLLT and a powerful PEMF device such as a Doug Coil are the only methods I've found to give movie star quality hair.  There are better methods to stop the progression of hair loss nowadays but nothing else gives movie star quality hair like LLLt or a powerful PEMF device.

hope this helps

Last edited by ubraj on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total

ubraj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:13 am

ubraj wrote:

FWIW, I agree that more lasers are better.  Can even build a 1200 laser hat/helmet for the same weight as a 400 laser OMG design for under $300.  A 400 watt OMG style helmet is about the max weight you'd want, IME but with the new mini lasers, can use 3x more lasers and for a fraction of the cost of Aixiz lasers 

Just need to make sure the lasers are 1.5 - 2 cm from tip of laser to scalp is the key used 10 - 20 minutes 3 x per week.  Although 10 minutes IME is better.  

LLLT and a powerful PEMF device such as a Doug Coil are the only methods I've found to give movie star quality hair.  There are better methods to stop the progression of hair loss nowadays but nothing else gives movie star quality hair like LLLt or a powerful PEMF device.

hope this helps

Is a PEMF device something you use to control the pulse of the lasers?
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:43 pm

No.  Nothing to do with LLLT but the benefits are similar.

A PEMF device refers to the ability to create a magnetic field that pulsates at a specific frequency.  This gives a similar benefit but a much greater and faster benefit than LLLT.  http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t6958-pemf-and-prp-to-regrow-hair?highlight=pemf

So just as LLLT essentially makes the area healthy, a PEMF device will also make the area healthy as well.  

Especially useful for healing injuries to give faster recovery times.  MPB is essentially an area that is injured as well.  And that's a main reason why LLLT and PEMF works so well.  

A PEMF device such as a Doug Coil also gives the added benefit that you can put in a specific frequency.  Useful for certain pathogenic conditions that you want to treat as well as cancer tumor removal as it will literally shake and heat up a cancer tumor and slowly dissolve it over several weeks.

I hope this makes sense.

ubraj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:04 pm

ubraj - where are you focusing the doug coil? Right on your head?
NDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NDW on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:11 pm

ubraj wrote:

hope this helps

Can you post a link to the "new mini lasers?"
NDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:29 pm

[quote="ubraj"]

The lasers used in that guide are of infierior quality, i've purchased hundreds of them from china, they burn out so fast, the output looks fine in terms of the red beam intensity but i've never measured them, in the long run you save money and time with quality aixiz laser diodes.
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:32 pm

NDW wrote:
ubraj wrote:

hope this helps

Can you post a link to the "new mini lasers?"

i think he's reffering to these type of laser diodes, used in the lasercaps http://www.2mlasers.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/product_images/Laser_diode-11.jpg
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:07 am

methylene blue and LLLT comparison

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fncel.2015.00179/full

iuyyighghghgkh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmyw on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:04 am

I used LLLT for about 6 months (Only 4 lasers the one recommended by JDP, but no longer available), and it was good on the direct area used for inflammation, but think the helmet would be needed for hair growth, as CCSVI is a contributing factor so full scalp treatment would be best. Recently I have been using a Biomat, and it is the best device (And my favourite) I have used for treating the CCSVI I get in my chest area, not sure yet if it has an benefits for hair loss, as only been using it for 2 months.

JDP hope everything is going well? I am still fighting the fight, the one thing you learn with a health issues is to be patience.

jimmyw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:37 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:methylene blue and LLLT comparison

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fncel.2015.00179/full

maybe it can create the same effect in terms of hairloss prevention but how is it taken? orally? the thing i love about LLLT is the way it makes my hair feel after i take off the helmet, be it from the heat of the diodes.
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  foofighters on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:38 am

jimmyw wrote:I used LLLT for about 6 months (Only 4 lasers the one recommended by JDP, but no longer available), and it was good on the direct area used for inflammation, but think the helmet would be needed for hair growth, as CCSVI is a contributing factor so full scalp treatment would be best. Recently I have been using a Biomat, and it is the best device (And my favourite) I have used for treating the CCSVI I get in my chest area, not sure yet if it has an benefits for hair loss, as only been using it for 2 months.

JDP hope everything is going well? I am still fighting the fight, the one thing you learn with a health issues is to be patience.

have you ever thought about investing in an lllt hemet? what suppliments have you noticed improvements from in terms of hair thickness and hair loss prevention?
foofighters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top