Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Should I stop dermastamping?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Growdamnit on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:01 pm

My hair loss definitely is not getting better, but my scalp is. I have been dermastamping with a 1.5mm every week since January. My scalp is much healthier, but my hairline is still as shitty as ever. I added more sweet potatoes, sourdough, ghee, and numerous other things to my diet and my supplements have been pretty consistent (except for MSM as I always forget to take it). The hairline is the most infuriating obstacle I have ever tackled with my body.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SHOULD I STOP DERMASTAMPING?

Post  Reseeding on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 pm

Hey Growdamnit,
What brand name dermastamp are you using and where did you buy it? How many times can you use it before you need to change the needles? Are the needles much thinner than a normal sewing needle?
Thinking of trying this....I guess I'll have a healthier scalp and forehead at least...if it doesn't work on my hair.
Thanks.
avatar
Reseeding

Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:30 am

use taurine, not msm.

Taurine is sulfur and at least it has studies behind it.

iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  SonofOdin on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:42 pm

I'd quit. Manuals don't seem to be what is causing your loss. DT made your scalp healthier too, but it didn't regrow your hair.
avatar
SonofOdin

Posts : 439
Join date : 2013-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Growdamnit on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:41 pm

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:use taurine, not msm.

Taurine is sulfur and at least it has studies behind it.
I use taurine, man. Have been for at least 4 months.

EDIT: I have come to the realization that it might just be stress/anxiety and I need to somehow curb it. I need to start meditating again. I have never really dove into visualization, but I've hit many dead ends.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  cdto2012 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi,
I guess only a few people remember the detail that I started back in 2004 as one of the first deep puncture ( not bleeding deep) freehand needlers , that later lead to the development of the dermastamp. I got and posted online my early regrow photos, but I was using minoxidil, so unsure of the cause of the regrow I quit after about 3 months because I hate minox.
I did see the first 10 + immediate full length hairs shoot out. It seemed that the base of thin hairs was thickening. I just did not want a treatment that I would have to use minox for the rest of my life.
When I recently started the hard pressing DT if felt like the same after treatment soreness as needling. This is why I started documenting online as early as 3 weeks. The pressing goes deeper than needling, moves more blood around, and removes more scalp pain translating to a deeper scalp health.
I would not overpost pointing to a very obvious option, but I had gave up on treatment since 2004, and wasted a lot of my life not having the regrow pregress that I have now.

cdto2012

Posts : 599
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Growdamnit on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:41 am

cdto2012 wrote:Hi,
  I guess only a few people remember the detail that I started  back in 2004 as one of the first deep puncture ( not bleeding deep) freehand needlers ,  that later lead to the development of the dermastamp. I got and posted online my early regrow photos, but I was using minoxidil, so unsure of the cause of the regrow I quit after about 3 months because I hate minox.
  I did  see the first 10 + immediate full length hairs shoot out.  It seemed that the base of thin hairs was thickening. I just did not want a treatment that I would have to use minox for the rest of my life.
  When I recently started the hard pressing DT if felt like the same after treatment soreness as needling. This is why I started documenting online as early as 3 weeks.  The pressing goes deeper than needling, moves more blood around, and removes more scalp pain translating to a deeper scalp health.
  I would not overpost pointing to a very obvious option,  but I had gave up on treatment since 2004, and wasted a lot of my life not having the regrow pregress that I have now.
I did DT for at least 2 years. Give me a break.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:52 am

cd's method is totally different, it's much more intense.

johndoe1225

Posts : 962
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Growdamnit on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:19 am

johndoe1225 wrote:cd's method is totally different, it's much more intense.
How is it any different? I have not seen any regrowth pictures. It all just seems like the next fad.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:21 am

He has a ton of pictures

johndoe1225

Posts : 962
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Growdamnit on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:04 am

johndoe1225 wrote:He has a ton of pictures
GTFO. I checked. All vellus, hardly any terminal. Maybe 3 on his head. No offense, but that's the truth.

Growdamnit

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:17 am

Growdamnit wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:He has a ton of pictures
GTFO. I checked. All vellus, hardly any terminal. Maybe 3 on his head. No offense, but that's the truth.

Alright then have fun.

johndoe1225

Posts : 962
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  rofl on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:34 pm

'Hi,
I guess only a few people remember the detail that I started back in 2004'


cdto2012 what was your user name back in 2004?
avatar
rofl

Posts : 857
Join date : 2009-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  cdto2012 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:41 pm

Below is the link when I posted as free indeed  , it looks like it was 2006,  not 2004 . It has been a while since I checked on that thread.  Basically I told the guys to keep up with the demarollers in the end and went offline for many years since. It did get a lot of attention across the hair forums.


https://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=60025

I wonder as I look back if the fuzz under my grafts that remained through the years was assisted by the needling at that time. I was more resilient than the other areas that went slick bald. No real way to know.

The terminal hairs I have now are on the sides (and there are less recent posted photos of them), yes most on the top are vellus hairs lengthening.  Even if it was the claimed three real hairs,  at 6 months that is not bad to have any go terminal at that time in treatment.

Here are the photos in case this thread gets resurrected in the future

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t11945-selected-dt-cpr-photographs

cdto2012

Posts : 599
Join date : 2015-10-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Columbo on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

I did it for a bit but was worried about overdoing it; there's gotta be a spectrum i.e. there'll be a point where creating fresh damage is counter productive e.g. fucking up scalp collagen. What that frequency that is, who knows?!

My guess is once a week is too much. For example this study indicates it takes up to 180 for collagen to properly reheal from wounding http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3833451

Gut feel, needling every 4-8 weeks is more than enough though...

I'd also guess different length needles create different types of wounds and different effects that a much shorter needle, so you're just doing surface damage, you could prob get away with every week.

All conjecture though.
avatar
Columbo

Posts : 444
Join date : 2011-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  LawOfThelema on Tue May 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Columbo wrote:I did it for a bit but was worried about overdoing it; there's gotta be a spectrum i.e. there'll be a point where creating fresh damage is counter productive e.g. fucking up scalp collagen. What that frequency that is, who knows?!

My guess is once a week is too much. For example this study indicates it takes up to 180 for collagen to properly reheal from wounding http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3833451

Gut feel, needling every 4-8 weeks is more than enough though...

I'd also guess different length needles create different types of wounds and different effects that a much shorter needle, so you're just doing surface damage, you could prob get away with every week.

All conjecture though.

why dont you just follow the frequencies used in clinical settings?

LawOfThelema

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  LawOfThelema on Thu May 05, 2016 12:04 pm

dermarolling *HAS TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A TOPICAL CAPABLE OF IMPACTING THE PATHWAY INVOLVED IN BALDING PROCESS*

wasting your time otherwise.

Garza and Cotsarelis proved that PGD2 PREVENTS wounding induced hair growth.

LawOfThelema

Posts : 949
Join date : 2012-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Growdamnit on Sat May 14, 2016 7:33 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:dermarolling *HAS TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A TOPICAL CAPABLE OF IMPACTING THE PATHWAY INVOLVED IN BALDING PROCESS*

wasting your time otherwise.

Garza and Cotsarelis proved that PGD2 PREVENTS wounding induced hair growth.
Like what? If I use a 1.5, how long should I wait between sessions?

Growdamnit

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2012-10-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should I stop dermastamping?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum