Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

S-Equol is back (Brotzu's Formula)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

S-Equol is back (Brotzu's Formula)

Post  LawOfThelema on Tue May 03, 2016 3:53 pm

Dr. Brotzu in italy has developed a lotion consisting of liposome encapsulated s-equol along with precursors to PGE1 (DGLA) and has reported it stopped his patients hair loss over the course of his 120 day trial.  This is the first person really to try and create a commercial and viable delivery system for equol to target androgenetic alopecia.

He's giving a presentation about it in Italy in a couple of days

This is beneficial from several angles of attack.  For one GLA itself is a 5aR inhibitor.  DGLA likely retains some of this property.  Second DGLA is a precursor to PGE1 which prolongs anagen phase.  Thirdly S-Equol is a estrogen receptor beta AGONIST.  These are the estrogen receptors you want to be activating in your scalp, they cross talk with androgen receptors and potentially downregulate them.  Fourthly, S-equol is a selectively binds to DHT.  Finally, equol itself has numerous benefits on the skin environment itself via it's action as an ER agonist, and antioxidant.

I usually don't post this kind of stuff here, but this is actually technically all natural... so I figured you guys might want to know about it.

Bear in mind, Brotzu attributes the success of his method not only to the active ingredients but also using making the lipsomes cationic so that they will be more readily taken up by the phospholipid bilayer of the cell.

https://www.google.com/patents/WO2015170247A1?cl=en

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: S-Equol is back (Brotzu's Formula)

Post  shaftless on Wed May 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Interesting. I'd be happy to get some of this fuzz back...even if it doesn't grow into terminal hairs. Anything that helps cover some of the bare areas would be an improvement.

shaftless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Thu May 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Natures made sells an equol product. All you need is a couple bottles, and a bottle of everclear and propelyene glycol to start experimenting.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SoloDomo on Fri May 06, 2016 3:57 am

You can find plenty of GLA in EPO

SoloDomo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema on Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 am

As proven in the old study, esterfied fatty acids don't inhibit 5aR, though they may exert effects through their effects on prostaglandin levels or through some other pathways.

Also, I made a mistake.  The equol product being sold in the US is not Nature's Made but Nature's Sunshine.  Nature's Sunshine's product does not explicitly specify s-equol.  As to it's DHT binding abilities, it doesn't matter whether it's S or R, but it's estrogen receptor beta agonism is a property specific to S.

Nature's made has something in Japan, and should eventually have something in the US.

LawOfThelema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jadegreg on Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:13 am

I was wondering whether it had to be S-Equol, in the mix. Could it not be any of the other isoflavones with respect to DHT and estrogen? The patent, I believe, also talks about the importance of the liposomal delivery system. How would one get around that?

jadegreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jadegreg on Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:40 am

Would you really require a fermented daidzein as a topical? Though obviously I can see the benefit if one was to use isoflavones as a supplement. In the latter case just ingesting the isoflavones with miso (provided it was not too hot presumably) natto or even kimchi would enhance the absorption surely?

jadegreg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Diffusing on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Do you think this will have minoxidil or finasteride type side effects?

A lot of people online seem very excited about this product, from what i'm hearing it should be available at some point in 2017.

Diffusing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top