Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Chronic Sore Throat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chronic Sore Throat

Post  tom_123 on Thu May 05, 2016 4:09 am

Hi All,

Been suffering from sore throat for a couple of months now. Been to the doc twice, he looked into the throat and said he can see that tonsils and
the throat had lot of inflammation. Presribed two rounds of antibotics. Nothing worked. All they have done is give me diarrhea. Lately it been so
painful at nights that i cannot even sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

tom_123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chronic Sore Throat

Post  tom_123 on Thu May 05, 2016 4:29 am

doc said he has to look into removing the tonsils if this doesn't resolve. somehow i do not think that is the right approach Sad

tom_123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Thu May 05, 2016 5:09 am

Try drinking a bit of honey, it should coat the throat and at least ease the pain.

Otherwise maybe try taking MSM powder, on the way down it might do some good, not to mention body-wide anti-inflammatory.

EDIT: Also vitamin C works well together with MSM, not to mention it's an antioxidant which sounds like it should help your situation even by itself.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Using a lot of Vitamin C is the best thing I have ever found to recover and prevent any and all kinds of sickness. My friends have really taken to the treatment also.

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t9718-ascorbic-acid-vitamin-c-what-s-the-real-story?highlight=vitamin+c

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  . on Fri May 06, 2016 12:34 am

How did the doctor diagnose it as a bacterial infection?

I'm only vaguely familiar with alternative antiviral protocols, and not at all with antibacterial stuff. You could try stacking a bunch of nutrients and herbs, but my knowledge is too limited to suggest much.

Vitamin A and zinc both help the immune system. Echinacea, astragalus and boost it also. Goldenseal may be another.

If it was viral you could try stuff like extracts of black elderberry and olive leaf. Also other stuff like St John's Wort, licorice, beta glucan, Cat's Claw...

For bacterial infections, apparently olive leaf extract and oil of oregano are good. I remember hearing about xylitol nasal being beneficial. Some oral probiotics claim to help also.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top