Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search

Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  Columbo on Fri May 06, 2016 5:23 am

Fascinating piece...

http://www.dannyroddy.com/weblog/antihistaminebaldnessstress

Interestingly Quercetin, which a few folk have talked about on here, is a natural anti-histamine. Time to order some more apples, capers and onions

I like that he also ties together lots of things that, intuitively, I think I've suffered with that may have exacerbate my hair loss...

"A nontechnical way of viewing the problem might be that the balding person is perpetually experiencing the effects of a “winter metabolism,” or: a chronic light deficiency, lower vitamin D level, higher local levels of estrogen, histamine, cortisol, and prolactin, some degree of insulin resistance, hypertension, higher circulating free fatty acids, higher levels of the inflammatory prostaglandins, deranged calcium metabolism, and a reduced resting pulse rate and body temperature."

For example, I found myself estrogen sensitive (anything slightly estrogenic would make my nips itch lol). Or I started suffering from hayfever, which I never did before. My fasting blood sugar wasn't as sharp as it used to be. etc.


avatar
Columbo

Posts : 444
Join date : 2011-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  iuyyighghghgkh on Sat May 07, 2016 10:33 am

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/67606-Idomethacin-as-a-Hair-Loss-Treatment

Idomethacin regrew this man's hair.


iuyyighghghgkh

Posts : 1595
Join date : 2014-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  magic_gro on Thu May 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Columbo wrote:Fascinating piece...

http://www.dannyroddy.com/weblog/antihistaminebaldnessstress

Cimetidine is a competitive antagonist at the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) receptor, leading to exaggerated effects of estrogens. It is an antihistamine, but that is not the reason why it causes regrowth.
avatar
magic_gro

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  imprisoned-radical on Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 am

Columbo wrote:Fascinating piece...

http://www.dannyroddy.com/weblog/antihistaminebaldnessstress

Interestingly Quercetin, which a few folk have talked about on here, is a natural anti-histamine. Time to order some more apples, capers and onions

I like that he also ties together lots of things that, intuitively, I think I've suffered with that may have exacerbate my hair loss...

"A nontechnical way of viewing the problem might be that the balding person is perpetually experiencing the effects of a “winter metabolism,” or: a chronic light deficiency, lower vitamin D level, higher local levels of estrogen, histamine, cortisol, and prolactin, some degree of insulin resistance, hypertension, higher circulating free fatty acids, higher levels of the inflammatory prostaglandins, deranged calcium metabolism, and a reduced resting pulse rate and body temperature."

For example, I found myself estrogen sensitive (anything slightly estrogenic would make my nips itch lol). Or I started suffering from hayfever, which I never did before. My fasting blood sugar wasn't as sharp as it used to be. etc.



Eating one red onion everyday is probably as effective as any supplement that I've tried.

Even at doses available in food, quercetin is as effective an anti-depressant as commonly used pharmaceuticals:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20447436

imprisoned-radical

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat May 28, 2016 9:09 am

^ Does it matter if you cook it?

I LOVE the taste and smell of cooked red onions.

johndoe1225

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  imprisoned-radical on Sat May 28, 2016 9:33 am

johndoe1225 wrote:^ Does it matter if you cook it?

I LOVE the taste and smell of cooked red onions.

I usually cut the onion in half, and bake it in the oven for about half an hour. It tastes good.

imprisoned-radical

Posts : 365
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat May 28, 2016 9:39 am

Oh, I just put some olive oil in a pot, chop it into like 2 inch pieces and fry it.

johndoe1225

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  Columbo on Sat May 28, 2016 8:48 pm

Love red onion. Capers are super high in quercetin too ... roughly 10g of capers contains the same amount as in 100g of red onion

These are delicious https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Opies-Organic-Capers-in-Spirit-Vinegar/13943011
avatar
Columbo

Posts : 444
Join date : 2011-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  sdguy on Sun May 29, 2016 4:52 am

https://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-11-76

sdguy

Posts : 400
Join date : 2008-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun May 29, 2016 5:00 am

That's what I was afraid of.........Let's see if I can tolerate eating raw onions.

johndoe1225

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  long hair on Sun May 29, 2016 6:53 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:That's what I was afraid of.........Let's see if I can tolerate eating raw onions.

i eat it every day as a salad.. just cut it and mix it with some green vegetable and lemon and ...wow it is delicious ...for hair regrowth may be topical garlic/onion can help.
avatar
long hair

Posts : 173
Join date : 2015-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  johndoe1225 on Mon May 30, 2016 12:40 am

Oh yeah I can eat it like that, but I was talking about eating it like you'd eat an apple Very Happy

johndoe1225

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Topical onion...

Post  CampOfDavid on Mon May 30, 2016 9:47 am

long hair wrote:may be topical garlic/onion can help.

This man in the video below brought back his hair with topical garlic, onion and ACV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBYusnB22Pc
avatar
CampOfDavid

Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Danny Roddy on Histamine and Hair Loss

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum