FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Have had dandruff for as long as I remember .....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have had dandruff for as long as I remember .....

Post  Maverick70 on Fri May 06, 2016 8:29 am

Hi everyone,

I have had dandruff for as long as i remember (probably like 15-16 or even younger), I don't know what the cause of this is. I have searched on the forums and there isn't a definitive answer to that problem

Could anyone please give me some suggestions as to what to try?

Could it be a mineral deficiency ? Should I do some tests for a particular thing?

At the moment all I am doing is this:
-I eat two bananas in the morning.
- I eat wholewheat pasta with tuna and parmesan cheese or potato wedges with grilled chicken breast or sweet potato fries with grilled chicken breast or white rice with grilled chicken breast all these meals with a cup of spinach drizzled in lemon, himalayan salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- For dinner I eat 3 whole eggs scrambled with grass fed butter and two wholewheat toasts with honey with a cup of spinach drizzled in lemon, himalayan salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.

I drink 3 lts of water a day

Supplements:
Vitamin Code for men (4 capsules a day)
Ashwaghandha
Krill Oil
Probiotic (25 billion CFUs with 10 strains).

I dont use shampoo to wash my hair and most of the time I take cold showers, I use Jasons natural citrus body wash and also Jasons natural powersmile toothpaste.

Is there something I should be adding or removing from this current regimen based on you knowledge and your experience ?

Thank you very much in advance!

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have had dandruff for as long as I remember .....

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri May 06, 2016 9:15 am

Try removing grains and gluten (no more of that pasta or toast).

I'd also remove those sweet potato fries and simply boil the sweet potatoes after cutting them up.

And maybe dairy just for good measure, then slowly add it back in and see if it matters.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Fri May 06, 2016 9:54 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Try removing grains and gluten (no more of that pasta or toast).

I'd also remove those sweet potato fries and simply boil the sweet potatoes after cutting them up.

And maybe dairy just for good measure, then slowly add it back in and see if it matters.

Thank you ! Any advice on topicals, supplements, etc?

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri May 06, 2016 10:23 am

jazzel_y wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:Try removing grains and gluten (no more of that pasta or toast).

Weeeeeeeeeeeell....

You could try topical rosemary tea I guess, brew some super strong rosemary tea, put it in a spray bottle, then just soak your scalp with it a LOT (even when not in the shower). It's anti-inflammatory and should at least do something.

Or try a 50-50 mixture of apple cider vinegar-distilled water and wash your scalp with that in the shower, spraying it with the same intensity.

Also coconut oil, totally soak your scalp with that, leave it on for a few hours, then shower.

Also maybe an MSM spray, used the same way as the rosemary. Buy MSM powder, mix a few tablespoons into a cup of distilled water.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Fri May 06, 2016 10:26 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
jazzel_y wrote:

Weeeeeeeeeeeell....

You could try topical rosemary tea I guess, brew some super strong rosemary tea, put it in a spray bottle, then just soak your scalp with it a LOT (even when not in the shower).  It's anti-inflammatory and should at least do something.

Or try a 50-50 mixture of apple cider vinegar-distilled water and wash your scalp with that in the shower, spraying it with the same intensity.

Also coconut oil, totally soak your scalp with that, leave it on for a few hours, then shower.

Also maybe an MSM spray, used the same way as the rosemary.  Buy MSM powder, mix a few tablespoons into a cup of distilled water.

I like the apple cider vinegar thing. i heard it somewhere else as well to be honest but never tried it. Do I just put the mix in the a spray bottle and spray it while I shower? Do i need to leave it on for sometime or something ?

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri May 06, 2016 10:36 am

jazzel_y wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
jazzel_y wrote:

Weeeeeeeeeeeell....

You could try topical rosemary tea I guess, brew some super strong rosemary tea, put it in a spray bottle, then just soak your scalp with it a LOT (even when not in the shower).  It's anti-inflammatory and should at least do something.

Also maybe an MSM spray, used the same way as the rosemary.  Buy MSM powder, mix a few tablespoons into a cup of distilled water.

I like the apple cider vinegar thing. i heard it somewhere else as well to be honest but never tried it. Do I just put the mix in the a spray bottle and spray it while I shower? Do i need to leave it on for sometime or something ?

Yep it's that simple, just mix like 1 cup of distilled water, 1 cup of ACV, then spray the living crap out of your scalp.  

You can do this right when you get in the shower so by the time you wash your hair at the end it will have been in there for some time.

EDIT: Also with the MSM you will probably have a lot of powder residue leftover after it dries so do this before/during your shower.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Fri May 06, 2016 5:49 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:
jazzel_y wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
jazzel_y wrote:

Weeeeeeeeeeeell....

Yep it's that simple, just mix like 1 cup of distilled water, 1 cup of ACV, then spray the living crap out of your scalp.  

You can do this right when you get in the shower so by the time you wash your hair at the end it will have been in there for some time.

EDIT:  Also with the MSM you will probably have a lot of powder residue leftover after it dries so do this before/during your shower.

Thank you ! I will probably only use the ACV mix for now, how many times a week should I be doing this for? Can i still do the no poo thing while i use this? or can I just wash everything everything with just water? How long should i leave the ACV mix before washing it away ?

Sorry for all these questions but this has been a problem for most of my life and I really appreciate your help

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Fri May 06, 2016 11:07 pm

Well I'd use it every day as long as the problem persists, yeah you can just rinse it out you don't need shampoo Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billa on Sat May 07, 2016 9:38 am

hi Guys,

not only i experienced really bad dandruff on scalp, dandruff can also be found eyebrow area?
what could actually caused the dandruff so bad on me?

Billa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Sat May 07, 2016 9:42 am

Billa wrote:hi Guys,

not only i experienced really bad dandruff on scalp, dandruff can also be found eyebrow area?

Surprisingly this happens to me as well. Face is flaky as well, etc. I hope some people that have got the same thing can come to this thread and help us out

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat May 07, 2016 11:16 am

jazzel_y wrote:

Surprisingly this happens to me as well. Face is flaky as well, etc. I hope some people that have got the same thing can come to this thread and help us out

Yep I've heard of that, same advice as above (obviously be more careful with the vinegar near your eyes lol).  Even if it gets in your eyes it will only burn really bad for a few seconds then that's it.

I slather coconut oil all over my face anytime I take a shower right before.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Sat May 07, 2016 11:23 pm

wouldn't gluten only matter if i was intolerant to it? I did a food intolerance test (using hair samples instead of blood) a couple of months ago and the results came back saying that i wasn't intolerant to it. Should I still avoid gluten ? Thanks !

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun May 08, 2016 12:12 am

I read that as much as 100% of the population can be sensitive (not intolerant) to gluten. You might just not have symptoms.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billa on Sun May 08, 2016 11:33 pm

jazzel_y wrote:

hi jazzel, same with me too flaky face too, i assume you're suffering from hairloss too?
i've tried all soft of dandruff shampoo products none of them helps.

someone out there who managed to treat your dandruff issue please help out.

Billa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Turgius on Mon May 09, 2016 12:19 am

Iv had dandruff from hell for years, only solution Iv found is to soak my head in apple cider viniger (must be raw with the mother) overnight then wash out in the morning.
Turgius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Mon May 09, 2016 8:11 am

Turgius wrote:Iv had dandruff from hell for years, only solution Iv found is to soak my head in apple cider viniger (must be raw with the mother) overnight then wash out in the morning.

Thank you. This is what I am going to try. I already bought a bottle of that ACV with the mother

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Sat May 14, 2016 7:10 am

johndoe1225 wrote:
jazzel_y wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:
jazzel_y wrote:

Weeeeeeeeeeeell....

EDIT:  Also with the MSM you will probably have a lot of powder residue leftover after it dries so do this before/during your shower.

What happens if its undiluted ? will that be a bad thing to do ? I just finished watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeSNxoRBmu8

thats why I ask.

Thanks

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat May 14, 2016 7:13 am

Probably just gets wasted I guess Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Sat May 14, 2016 7:37 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Probably just gets wasted I guess Very Happy

ok lol. I just bought the one with "the mother" and I am gonna start to try this. I am gonna do it diluted, apply it for like 15 minutes and go to the shower and rinse it out (3x a week). lets see how this goes, if that doesn't help I will increase the frequency

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat May 14, 2016 7:37 am

OOOOH you meant ACV?  I thought you meant MSM, no you can apply ACV undiluted lol don't worry

That sounds good

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick70 on Sat May 14, 2016 8:16 am

johndoe1225 wrote:OOOOH you meant ACV?  I thought you meant MSM, no you can apply ACV undiluted lol don't worry

That sounds good

oh lool. Ok I get it now. Thanks

Maverick70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sat May 14, 2016 8:18 am

^ I bet you could dissolve MSM in ACV, it's water soluble, so Very Happy

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top