» T-cells & Stem cells
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:21 pm by Benjamin Button

» Progress photos - Nicehair.org technique
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:26 am by daybyday42

» Disgusting bald shaming on Youtube
Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:44 am by Hairbeback

» Hair Loss Revolution.
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:27 pm by nhtindia

» ALTERNATIVE to DT- READ using acetic acid-lympth IS key!!
Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:22 am by iuyyighghghgkh

» Fascinating study
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 am by Benjamin Button

» My green tea,coconut topical and green juicing progress
Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:15 am by newuser

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hair GAIN Through Detumescence Therapy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hair GAIN Through Detumescence Therapy

Post  HairMeOut on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:32 am

Think we can all agree there are few things more unsettling than losing your hair. The feeling of helplessness and being out of control are unpleasant to say the least.

I've been losing small patches of hair since about 2009. Only became aware of it when the hair stylist said I had a thinning patch. Ever since then, I've been somewhat OCD and self-conscious about it.

Have tried:

- Minoxidil
- Regentresse
- Home remedies
- Hair club for men! Kind of a waste of time and money, in my opinion. All they did was massage, shampoo and condition my hair, put it under a heat lamp, and give me minoxidil, shampoos and saw palmetto pills. Could have simply purchased all of that at 1/15th the cost they charged me.

So now, being fed up with the glowing patch at the back of my head and the thinning areas on top, I found this forum. I've been perusing the Detumescence thread here:

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t10798p45-detumescence-really-works

Fascinating. Can you really grow your hair back simply by massaging it? It looks like people really are getting results, and aren't just selling something.

So I've started my journey to reclaiming my hair. Started 4 days ago. I intend this to be a progress thread with pictures to show for it. Thinking I will upload a new set of pictures every couple of weeks. Seems about right.

My question for anyone else who has done DT - did you stop using other products and techniques whilst doing it? I'm thinking I'll just stop using Rogaine while doing this. It hasn't grown back any of my hair. It may have halted loss, but it definitely has not filled in the patch of glory in my vertex region.

Will post some pics in my next post.

HairMeOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hair GAIN Through Detumescence Therapy

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:20 am

Check out cdto's DT CPR method, that's even better IMO, not to mention easier on your hands.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HairMeOut on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:57 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Check out cdto's DT CPR method, that's even better IMO, not to mention easier on your hands.

Thanks for that. I actually did read through most of it. He uses a bottle to press into the head, I believe. I may try it.

HairMeOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:35 am

Welcome to the forums. DT is a very high compliance regimen meaning, you're going to have to work for it, and be very self disciplined. The time investment is 40 min a day, split into two sections, 20 min morning, 20 min evening. Make sure you're willing to do this for at least 8 months without fail, to be able to assess if this regimen is for you.
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HairMeOut on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:52 pm

SonofOdin wrote:Welcome to the forums. DT is a very high compliance regimen meaning, you're going to have to work for it, and be very self disciplined. The time investment is 40 min a day, split into two sections, 20 min morning, 20 min evening. Make sure you're willing to do this for at least 8 months without fail, to be able to assess if this regimen is for you.

Yes, I'm definitely on board with the commitment. Tired of seeing the hair thin, and nothing else I've tried seems to have stopped it. So - let's see what happens!

HairMeOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HairMeOut on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Here are some starting pics with explanations:

Top view with front part of hair slightly parted in one section (bottom-right) to show thinning. This thinning occurs in most parts on the top of my head. Thinning has become more drastic over the past 8 months. It is especially prominent in the back of my head (see pics below)

Pic below is pretty much the same picture but shows more of the thinning happening at the back side of my head:

Pic below: there is actually more of a thinning spot here than shown. It only seems smaller because some of the hair is combed towards the right. See other pictures below for comparison.

Pic below shows more thinning in the vertex region:

To give more of an idea of general thinning, I combed my hair forward in the pic below. You can see "lines" of thinning:

Pic of the thinning patch from another angle. This is where it's most obvious to others:

Here is another picture of the top of my head, but this time with my hair "mussed up" (just messy, essentially). really brings out the thinning (ugly Sad ):

Thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of my hair wet, to emphasize thinning areas:

I also took video tonight, but will post that later.

Last edited by HairMeOut on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added in last sentence.)

HairMeOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:47 am

Don't wish to be negative, HMO, but I've yet to be convinced by DT. The study was most likely a fraud or flawed. The lead proponents of the technique have disappeared and multiple users have testified this technique has accelerated hair-loss.

I write this as someone who applied the technique -- Or my rendition of it -- for several months and spoke to the report author Henry Choy. In my view you'd be best advised to try other interventions.

Headstands have strong anecdotal support and general health benefits. Visit YouTube and watch a scalp massage technique called the 'Inversion Method'. Dramatically increase your intake of whole plant foods, fruits and vegetables (Check Sage's Thread...)

... All would likely yield a better results than DT.

I don't wish to be negative and good luck to all the guys trying this. I believe scalp massage, correctly applied, can be beneficial to hair-growth. However it's a developing science that will likely progressed by Rei Ogawa ... Not this approach.

Hotspur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HairMeOut on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:23 am

Hotspur wrote:Don't wish to be negative, HMO, but I've yet to be convinced by DT. The study was most likely a fraud or flawed. The lead proponents of the technique have disappeared and multiple users have testified this technique has accelerated hair-loss.

I write this as someone who applied the technique -- Or my rendition of it -- for several months and spoke to the report author Henry Choy. In my view you'd be best advised to try other interventions.

Headstands have strong anecdotal support and general health benefits. Visit YouTube and watch a scalp massage technique called the 'Inversion Method'. Dramatically increase your intake of whole plant foods, fruits and vegetables (Check Sage's Thread...)

... All would likely yield a better results than DT.

I don't wish to be negative and good luck to all the guys trying this. I believe scalp massage, correctly applied, can be beneficial to hair-growth. However it's a developing science that will likely progressed by Rei Ogawa ... Not this approach.

I'm not taking as negative - it's healthy skepticism. I also have yet to convince myself it works. But in my view, the best way (and the only way) for me to see if it works for me is to do it. If I wait for others to convince me it works before I try it, I'll just be waiting around doing nothing, when I could be doing the exercises and possibly gaining. If I gain nothing, no harm.

I've seen enough evidence from others to convince me this isn't just some snake oil salesman old wive's tale. The people showing the before and after pictures have nothing to gain from me monetarily. They aren't selling something - which tells me I should at least pay attention to their results.

But I appreciate the skepticism. I, too, am skeptical. But I'm giving it a go, nonetheless. There is no other way to experience it other than trying it!

I read up on Inversion Method. Seems pretty similar to DT in they both get blood to the scalp. I may or may not include this in my regimen for the next few months.

One thing I've noticed right away - my hair looks a lot more stylish and full after doing the scalp massages! I looked in the mirror and thought "Damn... never knew I could do that with my hair. Looks fine!" Almost look like a 50s character who needs a leather jacket and pocket comb. :-)

HairMeOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HairMeOut on Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:37 am

Think I'm going to take a break for a day. My scalp feels very raw, and in need of rest from the daily massages. Have been sticking with it religiously. Will pick up again tomorrow.

HairMeOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 am

Glad you are being sensitive to your body and proceeding at a healthy pace. I will say something for the younger guys that I have learned recently. As I lost most of my hair I tried to hold on to what I had left. I think that most guys in their 40's are pretty ugly to start with, never mind if they have a shaved bald head.
My hair also felt better after a few weeks. Perhaps the firming of the skin made the hairs stand up better. I started shaving my head at different times. Now that I have done it and have gotten really positive feedback from ladies and friends about how good it looks, I could live with it mostly shaved.
In reality my regrow plus the few grafts looks a bit like I might have somewhat normal hair on top. When I shave away the gray side hairs and horseshoe in the back, it just looks cleaner and the ladies like it. I live in Thailand anyway, so it is all kind of irrelevant to worry about ladies ever.
The point is that even if you end up with very little hair in the end naturally - or by experimenting - address your fears early on. The process of regrow is slow and takes work, and your attitude and emotional state will make the difference regarding hanging in there until something works for you.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:44 pm

HairMeOut wrote:Think I'm going to take a break for a day. My scalp feels very raw, and in need of rest from the daily massages. Have been sticking with it religiously. Will pick up again tomorrow.

Hey HairMeOut,

I would say you are on the right track. Two things I would add are the following: 1.5mm dermaroller once every 2 weeks and onion, garlic, and apple cider vinegar everyday for 1 hour with a shower cap or leave overnight.

I have had some decent regrowth on my temples and crown. Please check out the before and videos below:

1. Temples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_-qGI1b15Y
2. Crown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbKTsDfuj8

If you are curious to know how to properly and vigorously massage your head like DT, I have put a compilation here:
1. Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL-KzAvkK_s
2. Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olOwbnNDHbk
3. Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUmvE9cSRrQ

Let me know pal, if you have any questions! Keep up the steady work!

Reborn Hair PPP (Prayer, Patience, Perseverance)
Reborn Hair PPP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Ramone on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:04 pm

Hey man, appreciate the videos. Congrats on the progress.

Does your scalp get overworked with the dermaroller? Seems like something better to take up after a couple of months of dt when the scalp adjusts.

Also every day with acv, vinegar, garlic? I tried it once for an hour and spent the next three days smelling like salad dressing. No way I could do that and have a girl over. Are you planning to keep it up til full regrowth?

Joey Ramone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 on Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:05 am

Hey Reborn could you please link me to the video on how to make the ACV garlic and onion topical? I thought I favorited it but I can't find it so I guess not.

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Joey Ramone wrote:Hey man, appreciate the videos. Congrats on the progress.

Does your scalp get overworked with the dermaroller? Seems like something better to take up after a couple of months of dt when the scalp adjusts.

Also every day with acv, vinegar, garlic? I tried it once for an hour and spent the next three days smelling like salad dressing. No way I could do that and have a girl over. Are you planning to keep it up til full regrowth?

Hey Joey,

Sorry for the late response.

I don't think my scalp gets overworked with the dermaroller. It may seem like I am applying many strokes on each region, but I never perform DR concurrently with DT. Thanks to you, I am actually even remaining DR idle for about 6 weeks because I think performing it more frequently can disrupt the collagen regrowth cycle. However, I seemed to still be getting decent results even waiting about 2-3 weeks until my next session.

About the onion and garlic treatment, I understand your concern. I am at a point where I feel like I am going to vomit because even my sweat smells disgusting. What I do to conceal the smell is add about 2-3 drops of lavender oil in a 4oz glass bottle diluted with water. I then spray it on my scalp and leave it on for 5 mins before washing it out. It actually really helps and even though I can sometimes smell the garlic, my friends or family cannot smell it for some odd reason. Very Happy

I have been performing the onion and garlic topical for about a month and I think my existing vellus hairs are actually growing longer, darker, and thicker. I don't want to get my hopes too high and wishfully think this is happening, so I am going to be a little more patient and stick it through for the next 5 months to see where this takes me.

In the end, I am just trying all natural remedies so I can easily rule out the ones which are not profitable.

Reborn Hair PPP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP on Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:20 pm

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey Reborn could you please link me to the video on how to make the ACV garlic and onion topical?  I thought I favorited it but I can't find it so I guess not.

Hey Johndoe,

Sorry again for the late response.

Preparation is easy. I would advise for maximum effectiveness, use a new batch everyday since garlic and onion can lose its potency and effectiveness when left stagnant for a couple of days. Please follow the steps to prepare one batch of this topical which is plenty to marinate on your scalp:
1. Cut a small red onion in half. Cut the half onion in four quarters and place in a blender
2. Cut three cloves of garlic and place in a blender
3. 3 tbls of water and 1 tbls of apple cider vinegar in a blender
4. Once the concoction is blender, it should look thick and pasty
5. Get a bottle with an eye dropper since it's easier to apply on scalp and place a funnel on top of the bottle opener
6. Place a paper towel on top of the funnel and pour the paste onto the paper towel. Make sure the paper towel is thick enough to prevent breakage.
7. Crumble or fold the paper towel and use it as a means to squeeze the juice out of the paste and into the funnel. This way, the concentrated juice will flow into the glass bottle easily without spillage.

If you need the video as a visual, check out stephan's video on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUIFiCY4gIs

Reborn Hair PPP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top