FAQ
 Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I really need help getting this gut thing sorted...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I really need help getting this gut thing sorted...

Post  SonofOdin on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:26 pm

For a long time now I've been suspicious that a part of the reason I had hair loss as bad as I did was tied to my gut health. I have two food intolerances that I'd do anything to rid myself of. I can't digest even trace amounts of lactose, and now I've developed an intolerance to eggs which is even worse because I consider eggs to be extremely healthy, even essential.

I want to hear some stories of those who have tried this approach in dealing with their hair loss, or if they did this just for quality of life. Have any of you reversed an intolerance? CS I'd especially be interested in your thoughts on this matter because I know you take a multifaceted approach to all of this so I'm sure gut health has been something you've considered. Thanks
SonofOdin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I really need help getting this gut thing sorted...

Post  cdto2012 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:17 pm

hi, for many years I was also extremely lactose intolerant. To heal this allergy to the point that I could eat 5 pounds of cheese a month I did the flowing.

First reduce salt intake. I had thought that salt was a way to balance sweet foods - wrong. I might sometime make the effort to write about why this macrobiotic premise is ignorant. For now just consider that things like calcium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate do neutralize acids - but salt does not.

Secondly I increased my water drinking to at least 2 liters a day. Third started with senna tea cleanses one a week to flush out my system. I would even eat the tea bag as I got experienced. This can also be done with high doses of vitamin C.

It is usually the liver that needs the assistance. Of course try probiotics and eat plenty of fresh fruit.

cdto2012

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical on Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:07 pm

SonofOdin wrote:For a long time now I've been suspicious that a part of the reason I had hair loss as bad as I did was tied to my gut health. I have two food intolerances that I'd do anything to rid myself of. I can't digest even trace amounts of lactose, and now I've developed an intolerance to eggs which is even worse because I consider eggs to be extremely healthy, even essential.

I want to hear some stories of those who have tried this approach in dealing with their hair loss, or if they did this just for quality of life. Have any of you reversed an intolerance? CS I'd especially be interested in your thoughts on this matter because I know you take a multifaceted approach to all of this so I'm sure gut health has been something you've considered. Thanks

I was super lactose intolerant for a while. Just have small amounts frequently along with yogurt.

imprisoned-radical

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:03 am

It's interesting regarding gut health and hairloss because I read about the mucous membranes of the intestines, and how a specific strain of bacteria resides there. Apparently the immune cells attack this bacteria which then release a substance called muramyl peptide. These MP's, when released into the bloodstream, lead to an increase in IL-1 cytokine and PGD2. PGD2 induces sleep, therefore these bacterially derived peptides are classed as sleep factors.

IL-1 and PGD2, as we know, are both involved in hair loss, so it could well be that the gut may well be involved in MPB to a degree.
Xenon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:34 am

Probably everyone should be taking probiotics regularly. That's the first step.

I don't know what the intermediate steps are, but the magic bullet is xifaxan. (Some doctors might require formal testing for small intestine bacterial overgrowth first.) I had regular stomach pain for a few years. After 2 rounds of xifaxan, eventually I reached the point where my stomach almost never hurts. If it's covered by insurance, it should be affordable.

By the way, seborrheic dermatitis is linked to SIBO. I think fixing the latter is one reason I've almost defeated the former.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:07 am

I was exactly like you.
Look at the research by Michael Greger on the microbiome and make your own decision. Veganism will help most people. If you go vegan, it will repopulate the good bacteria and eliminate dandruff. Fiber is essential for decreasing inflammation of the scalp too. Don't fall for the ketogenic, paleolithic, or peatarian diets. It's common on low fiber diets to only go twice a week!
https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/1dxsy5/where_is_all_my_poop/
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/need-help-desperate-need-to-force-bowel-movement-serious-constipation.10449/
There's thousands many more cases like this with simple google searches. These low carb diets cause colon cancer, which is correlated with AGA.
Stick to a  aluminum-free whole wheat pancakes, quinoa, lentils, corn, sweet potatoes, and anything else you'd want! There's tons of grains out there for you to try. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend potatoes to you. They're way too high in solanine and pesticides. No point in poisoning yourself when there's lots of healthier alternatives.  Maybe you can find some good ones though. Don't believe the gluten tall tales either. Whole wheat is beneficial for 98% of the population. Eat spaghetti, pancakes, and bread.
Veganism is a no bs diet. I love science so I always make sure to check out the latest research on hair and its relation to diet.
Stop trying to force a meat diet onto yourself which obviously isn't working. Stop hurting your own hair because you're too scared of others judging you for being a vegan. Geez lol. Keep your head held high because I see beautiful women in the future. We will be showing off our long thick beautiful hair in the air soon.

Once your vegan diet is perfect, you should start to regrow your hair. If you still aren't regrowing, you need to sleep more. It's the reason Michael Greger isn't growing back his hair. He has said he gets poor sleep. Everything is perfect for him except his sleep.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vd7KAJYxQQ Honestly, diet can only do so much for the hair. Sleep is just as important for the hair, when we see as Michael Greger as an example. This is why Peatarians and Peat himself are unable to grow back their all of their hair too, especially since they have  diet high in a CNS stimulant of the methylxanthine class and sometimes. Caffeine destroys the sleep, among many other things, and so it destroys the hair. Another stimulant some people use is theobromine, a  bitter alkaloid of the cacao plant that is toxic to a wide range of animals, including humans in high enough doses.
These alkaloids-solanine,caffeine, and theobromine should not be eaten in high doses. Peat often talks about vegetables, which are proven to extend life in humans(and thus the hair follicle too), being toxic in defensive chemicals. The only dangerous defensive chemicals are the ones that he promotes, caffeine. There are so many holes in his diet and logic, it's a joke.
Edit: The science on low carbohydrate diets is so weak. Research your diet and it's effect on humans and human hair. Avoid studies that use rats. Watch youtube videos by Michael Greger and Andrew Perlot for unbiased SCIENCE. So many people here are guessing what works and what won't, but there's real studies to look at. Read the whole study too. Many meat eaters read the title and the last sentence of the abstract instead of the whole study. Read the abstract at least.
Andrew Perlot has many videos showing the effects of a high carbohydrate like the one below
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRbj3n-1CUM
Andrew Perlot, a raw fruitarian, has experimented with salt rich diets and other diets. He has posted his results. Follow his advice and you will regrow thicker hair and than before. His experiences also match the science of Michael Greger. Salt is more common in high oil eaters because of its low amount of electrolytes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3thWA_jCG8Q
People on ketogenic diets wish their diet was as health and hairgrowth promoting as this.
Many ketogenic and paleolithic dieters need to take potassium and other electrolyte supplements since meat and oil is so low in potassium.
Before anybody posts about Andrew Perlot's hair, please note that he has had poor sleep in the past as he has said in a video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yl1w2hylXo
This video is not important, but he says that he has suffered from insomnia. Insomnia caused his hairloss, NOT his diet. His diet, if anything, helped keep some of his hair.
I see a strong correlation between hair and sleep.
Don't waste your time doing scalp exercises. CS has said this does not address the core cause of AGA. Spend your time getting at least 12 hours of sleep.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top