Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Masturbation.

Post  jksl on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:15 am

sky-walker wrote:

jksl wrote:

sky-walker wrote:the lost of zinc doesn't matter

explain why it doesn't matter

It's about hormones that's all , if you want more zinc it's better to take just a supplement no?

For everyone , i 've got answer : SEXUAL ABSTINENCE IS BAD FOR HAIR!

What do you mean that's all? What, you don't think loss of zinc affects hormones? You don't think zinc plays a large role in protecting hair? No doubt that releasing sperm once in a while can be good for you, but doing it every single day or even multiple times a day can be detrimental, especially if one doesn't supplement with zinc. The OP was asking if masturbating everyday was okay. It is not, especially if one has low zinc levels which is pretty common these days.

Most people are at best borderline zinc deficient these days from stress, high intensity exercise, sweat, alcohol and drug abuse, smoking, excess copper (which is far more common than copper deficiency), phosphates in soda, sugar and refined grains, phytic acid foods, excessive coffee drinking, high fiber diets, and masturbation. The RDA for zinc is only 11mg. Losing 3mg through ejaculation is huge. A sudden loss of 3mg of zinc WILL affect your hormones. The half-life of zinc isn't very long either, so it needs constant replenishing. And the fact that copper has a longer half-life in the body makes zinc deficiency an even greater risk.

The fact that Waseda's zinc oxide and Joe's zix helped a lot of people obviously shows the importance of zinc for the hair. Research even shows zinc improving testosterone levels while decreasing to conversion to DHT, which is pretty much something that everyone wants to do at this site. This is pretty much fact. So, i don't get how some of you can just dismiss zinc when talking about hairloss. It absolutely makes no sense whatsoever.
jksl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker on Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:46 am

We don't speak about the same thing. If you really want to know if abstinence is good for hair ,try it for two weeks or more like me , and you will see big shedding and thinning and greasy skin. I know what i say , i make the experience and i think now semen retention is not good at all for hair , we must have at least one ejaculation per week.

sky-walker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio on Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:29 am

After reading this I decided to go out and buy some zinc, because I think this may be the reason my thyroid became underactive. When I first started living alone I started masturbating like 3 times a day and my hair was itching and falling out all day at work for a year. My thyroid is underactive but I am still very thin, but I'm reading that those with a zinc deficiency have difficulty gaining weight, so maybe people like myself who are hypothyroid due to a zinc deficiency end up being thin and hypo?

Espio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harie on Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:29 am

Wow. I can't believe that I'm going to post this, but I 100% believe that excessive masturbation led to me starting the MPB process in my early 20's. When I say excessive, I mean EXCESSIVE! 10+ times a day was quite normal and many days I got to the point where I had depleted my body of semen.

Once I got a girlfriend(s), it was quite routine for us to bang 6, 7+ times a day and then I'd still masturbate a few times on top of that. This went on for years and years and I am almost positive that's why my hairloss started at such an early age.

Thankfully I quit all that crap years ago and almost like clock-work, my hair stopped faling out so fast. Took almost 10 years to go from a NW2.5 to a NW3 where while I was masturbating/sexxing so frequently in my early 20's, I went from no hairloss to a NW2.5 in 2 years.

Harie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman on Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:27 am

Espio wrote:After reading this I decided to go out and buy some zinc, because I think this may be the reason my thyroid became underactive. When I first started living alone I started masturbating like 3 times a day and my hair was itching and falling out all day at work for a year. My thyroid is underactive but I am still very thin, but I'm reading that those with a zinc deficiency have difficulty gaining weight, so maybe people like myself who are hypothyroid due to a zinc deficiency end up being thin and hypo?

That is pretty interesting espio. Either way I have started taking some zinc and a few brazil nuts (selenium) with my Iodine.
hapyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:29 am

I've gone about a month now without masturbation, well more specifically no ejaculation. I've noticed reduced shedding(stronger hair), and more energy. On top of that im more focused and calm. I've noticed though that if i do masturbate with out ejaculating the effect on my hair is no where as great as it is when i ejaculate.

Now Im not advocating total abstinence just a reduction of the frequency of ejaculation and masturbation. For me im gona give myself a goal of a month minimum from now on.

"This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760788

This guy is raising the question about how effective semen would be as a protein shake Shocked LOL http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Misc/misc.fitness.weights/2007-06/msg01609.html

Supposedly some of the nutrient content of semen:
* Fructose sugar
* Water
* Ascorbic acid (a.k.a., vitamin C)
* Citric acid
* Enzymes
* Protein
* Phosphate and bicarbonate buffers (bases)
* Zinc

Skywalker - I have no idea why you are shedding, but start masturbating again and see if you stop shedding. I could be wrong, but i doubt your shedding will stop when you start masturbating again. I think the shedding has to do more with other factors, but i could be wrong! If abstinence raises testoserone levels then i suppose if something else is off then that could be converting too much to DHT? I don't know. But if you have any fat around your mid area then abstinance should be a good thing for hairloss.
Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl on Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:49 am

Espio wrote:After reading this I decided to go out and buy some zinc, because I think this may be the reason my thyroid became underactive. When I first started living alone I started masturbating like 3 times a day and my hair was itching and falling out all day at work for a year. My thyroid is underactive but I am still very thin, but I'm reading that those with a zinc deficiency have difficulty gaining weight, so maybe people like myself who are hypothyroid due to a zinc deficiency end up being thin and hypo?

Being thin and hypo is a sign of zinc deficiency. You need zinc to maintain musculoskeletal mass. The 3 most talked about minerals for a healthy thyroid are iodine, zinc, and selenium. For a healthy thyroid, keeping a healthy zinc and selenium balance is key. You need plenty of both without causing a deficiency of either one which is tricky since they are antagonists to one another.

I'm already eating LOTS of seaweed everyday for my iodine. As for selenium, when i supplemented them, it caused ridges in my thumbnails that hasn't gone away yet. I found out that high selenium levels in the body will require more zinc intake. These ridges in my nails are a sign of zinc deficiency which was probably caused by my selenium supplementation. I believe the reason why dosing selenium without zinc causes hairloss is because it creates a zinc deficiency. Also consider that selenium stays longer in the body than zinc.
jksl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:05 am

jksl wrote:

Being thin and hypo is a sign of zinc deficiency. You need zinc to maintain musculoskeletal mass. The 3 most talked about minerals for a healthy thyroid are iodine, zinc, and selenium. For a healthy thyroid, keeping a healthy zinc and selenium balance is key. You need plenty of both without causing a deficiency of either one which is tricky since they are antagonists to one another.

I'm already eating LOTS of seaweed everyday for my iodine. As for selenium, when i supplemented them, it caused ridges in my thumbnails that hasn't gone away yet. I found out that high selenium levels in the body will require more zinc intake. These ridges in my nails are a sign of zinc deficiency which was probably caused by my selenium supplementation. I believe the reason why dosing selenium without zinc causes hairloss is because it creates a zinc deficiency. Also consider that selenium stays longer in the body than zinc.

jksl - Like you im consuming seaweed (though in the form of packaged kelp) and I also consume a lot of nuts which contain a balanced ratio of zinc/selenium/magnesium, so on. Thats why i use brazil nuts(about 5 per day now) instead of using synthetic supplementation. Pumkin seeds are a high source of zinc aswell.

All this just adds even more reason to reduced the frequency of masturbation aswell as choose whole foods as your primary source of nutrition.
Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:06 am

Silverlin wrote:
Supposedly some of the nutrient content of semen:
* Fructose sugar
* Water
* Ascorbic acid (a.k.a., vitamin C)
* Citric acid
* Enzymes
* Protein
* Phosphate and bicarbonate buffers (bases)
* Zinc

lmfao that looks like a decent topical
jksl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:22 am

jksl wrote:lmfao that looks like a decent topical

LMFAOROTFL!!!!

It should also encourage chics to want facials, thats if they care about there skin that is Cool
Silverlin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Jesus, I'd have like a 10 year supply by now if I had known this last year...
Decro435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jksl on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 am

According to this: http://books.google.ca/books?id=u3hJ7E-jNrYC&pg=PA128&lpg=PA128&dq=DHA+sperm&source=bl&ots=KPS-vkhkbG&sig=-6tBap7ev0ExKLS0RpRBL_MuY9E&hl=en&ei=CraZSsXwI5yx8Qb2i727BQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10#v=onepage&q=DHA%20sperm&f=false

there's a high content of DHA in semen. I think i read somewhere that DHA is important for protecting hair during chemotherapy. It's gotta be good for protecting hair in general though.
jksl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:12 am

Sooo... who's going to be the first to try out this topical?

One of you guys should patent it Very Happy
Decro435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:56 pm

I guess balance is the key. Wink
Abhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity on Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:06 pm

how much do you reckon is excessive? ive read before that excessive masturbation may caused fatigue, hairloss and lower back pain. Other things aside, ive been plagued by the lower back pain for a long period of time and i really wondered if its the result of over masturbation.

NoGravity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 pm

I guess abstaining for about 2 weeks and then going at it 2-3 times a week should be the best way.
Decro435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:41 am

mmm is there a reason for you to suggest an interval in between? why not like 1-2 per week instead?

NoGravity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:18 am

What I meant was that for someone now who is excessively masturbating to quit for 2-4 weeks intially and then to only masturbate 2-3 times per week at most. The 2-4 weeks might help get things back in order, though I'd expect it would take a lot longer. It really varies from every person.
Decro435

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NoGravity on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:23 pm

oh i see, yea maybe i'll take a go at it. The back issue really bothers me and i really wish to find out if its due to masturbation or some other things. Had an x-ray but it turns out normal. Will have to go through a MRI but i feel its more of a muscle thing

NoGravity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuada on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:24 pm

I normally masturbate 2 3 times a week, but I've masturbated like 3 or 4 times during this 1.5 month period(once in 2 weeks or something like that) and I haven't seen any difference in the condition of my hair.

Nuada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tommmash on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:19 pm

I donīt Masturbate since ferbruary this year. Itīs about 7 months.
Thatīs great! But I canīt rid of wet dreams.
Theyīre quite often - 1* 2 weeks.
Newly i can keep the "seeds" in my body - orgasm without ejaculation.
I wonder if OwE is better than ejaculation.
Think about prolactin and....
Could anyone help to get rid of it? Some advices would be gooood!
tommmash

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hoppipolla on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 am

I stopped just yesterday and I already think my shedding has cut drastically lol

Usually I'm losing a fair bit but today.. hardly anything xD
hoppipolla

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:57 am

I don't see the benefit of masturbating without ejaculating? I also don't see how you could do it.

I have a slight sweating problem, I sweat more than the average person and I swear it stopped after a week off abstaining. I've got back into it again now but from today I'm going to abstain, this way ill see if I was right about the sweating thing, it won't do any harm for my hair either.

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:59 am

NoGravity -

I also experience lower back pain a lot, let me know if yours goes from abstaining and I'll tell you if mine does. How do you sleep? I sleep "freefalling". Out on my front with my chest on my pillows, so my backs bent and I often wondered if that was causing the pain, weird way to sleep but I can't sleep any other way.

tooyoung

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hoppipolla on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 am

tooyoung bear in mind this thread is a little old, I kinda revived it, I have no idea how I stumbled upon it, I was searching for something and then was like "wow the evidence for this is fairly strong!"

Like I say, yesterday I didn't, or today, and my shedding is LOW. Barely existent.

I feel like crap but low shedding lol xD

I mean, I've also gone back on the beta-sitosterol and coenzyme A so it could potentially be that, but this just felt so sudden, my shedding hasn't dropped this obviously since I started treating my hair loss I don't think lol

So yeah, either abstaining or the b-s.. I don't know yet Smile
hoppipolla

View user profile http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum