Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Shedding after drinking [Please Help]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shedding after drinking [Please Help]

Post  dokuldudokulecek on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:56 pm

Hey guys, it seems like there's a correlation between these two and it really bothers me because I can't get it. I have diffuse thinning on top and have mpb story on mother's side even my father's side is perfect about hair. I have body, back, shoulder hair too which makes me think I may be suffering from mpb. All my hair loss story began during a really high stress period 2 years ago and slowed down but didn't stop until then. By the way I'm 20.

What really bothers me is normally I shed 2-3 hairs on my pillow in the morning and about 10-20 in the shower, that's all. But whenever I drink, even 2 glasses of beer, the next morning I shed like crazy. 10 hairs on pillow and I go to toilet and play with my hair like brushing and there are 20-30 hairs shed. Not understanding the connection between two really freaks me out. I suspect from B6 deficiency as I don't dream too for another symptom. But I eat a lot of meat and can't suffer from vit B deficiency.

Please help

dokuldudokulecek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shedding after drinking [Please Help]

Post  john3333 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:38 am

Drinking to dive into a temporary amnesia of your insecurities is an ineffective treatment for eliminating stress, which is known to cause androgenic alopecia. There are only two steps in hairloss: 1. natural hairloss which would fix itself in time 2. emotional stress is created from worrying you will be less attractive to the opposite sex, friends, and so on. Even after removing the original cause of hairloss, the hairloss disease has already progressed into the final step, the psychosomatic stage, at which point it is pointless to use any vitamins or diets unless you truly have a deficiency. To decrease stress by finally accepting yourself with your receding hairline is the best way to battle and cure hairloss disease. The Immortalhair forum is the exact definition of body dysmorphic disorder and that's why I believe nobody has yet to grow back their hair- because they have not eliminated stress.

Last edited by john3333 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dokuldudokulecek on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:35 am

john3333 wrote:Drinking to dive into a temporary amnesia of your insecurities is an ineffective treatment for eliminating stress, which is known to cause androgenic alopecia. There are only two steps in hairloss: 1. natural hairloss which would fix itself in time 2. emotional stress is created from worrying you will be less attractive to the opposite sex, friends, and so on. Even after removing the original cause of hairloss, the hairloss disease has already progressed into the final step, the psychosomatic stage, at which point it is pointless to use any vitamins or diets unless you truly have a deficiency. To decrease stress by finally accepting yourself with your receding hairloss is the best way to battle and cure hairloss disease. The Immortalhair forum is the exact definition of body dysmorphic disorder and that's why I believe nobody has yet to grow back their hair- because they have not eliminated stress.

Thank you for your idea. I'm really trying to eliminate stress. A month ago, I've tried to think like it's not the worst thing that happens to someone, there are really bigger troubles in world. And I had been doing some relaxation exercises and having a long hot bath. My shedding suddenly stopped at this time. One week later I've started weight lifting and shedding started again. What do you think can be relations between this alcohol and weight lifting things? These aren't absouletly putting psycohological stress to me, can it be because of phsyiological stress on my body? Or are these depleting something on my body, like vitamins or minerals?

dokuldudokulecek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:02 am

john3333 wrote:Drinking to dive into a temporary amnesia of your insecurities is an ineffective treatment for eliminating stress, which is known to cause androgenic alopecia. There are only two steps in hairloss: 1. natural hairloss which would fix itself in time 2. emotional stress is created from worrying you will be less attractive to the opposite sex, friends, and so on. Even after removing the original cause of hairloss, the hairloss disease has already progressed into the final step, the psychosomatic stage, at which point it is pointless to use any vitamins or diets unless you truly have a deficiency. To decrease stress by finally accepting yourself with your receding hairloss is the best way to battle and cure hairloss disease. The Immortalhair forum is the exact definition of body dysmorphic disorder and that's why I believe nobody has yet to grow back their hair- because they have not eliminated stress.

Have to chime in here.
1. androgenic alopecia = hair loss
2. psychosomatic stage= mind and body disorder
3. dysmorphic = Abnormal

Keep it simple instead for everyone, since your post and profile picture makes people more confused.
Itīs still just hair loss, and your post just make people more insecure.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:17 am

dokuldudokulecek wrote:

Thank you for your idea. I'm really trying to eliminate stress. A month ago, I've tried to think like it's not the worst thing that happens to someone, there are really bigger troubles in world. And I had been doing some relaxation exercises and having a long hot bath. My shedding suddenly stopped at this time. One week later I've started weight lifting and shedding started again. What do you think can be relations between this alcohol and weight lifting things? These aren't absouletly putting psycohological stress to me, can it be because of phsyiological stress on my body? Or are these depleting something on my body, like vitamins or minerals?
Why are you drinking? Are you weight lifting because you're stressing and being insecure? It's possible there's a psychological connection between your hairloss. If not, your body is trying to tell you that alcohol and weightlifting are detrimental for your hair. Weightlifting is often considered a salubrious practice in scientific studies, which only reinforces my belief that your hairloss has psychological origins, but it is possible that it's increasing 5-alpha reductase enzymes, and thus DHT. 3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase will deactivate the DHT hormone.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dokuldudokulecek on Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:21 pm

john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:

Why are you drinking? Are you weight lifting because you're stressing and being insecure? It's possible there's a psychological connection between your hairloss. If not, your body is trying to tell you that alcohol and weightlifting are detrimental for your hair. Weightlifting is often considered a salubrious practice in scientific studies, which only reinforces my belief that your hairloss has psychological origins, but it is possible that it's increasing 5-alpha reductase enzymes, and thus DHT. 3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase will deactivate the DHT hormone.

Firstly I'm a social drinker, I just go out with my friends and drink two beers, do not drink heavily. Although it costs me a lot more shedding. Secondly, I can't know the subconcious reason behind my weight training but I always liked to train my muscles. I ve been going to gym on and off for years. I just like to have bigger muscles and better body. We know that both drinking and weight lifting causes body to release more cortisol, can high cortisol levels be the reason behind my increased shedding?

I've always thought it was psychological and might be chronic telogen effluvium caused by stress, as I can easily be a stressful person and it doesn't really follow a mpb pattern. And even my mothers side didn't bald at such an early age. But now I can't understand, there should be something else especially connected to this increased shedding whenever I drink. And do you think that it can affect this fast, I mean when I drink I shed, can it be really possible?

dokuldudokulecek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kazbar on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:29 pm

Maybe get your uric acid levels checked?

Kazbar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:34 am

dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:

Firstly I'm a social drinker, I just go out with my friends and drink two beers, do not drink heavily. Although it costs me a lot more shedding. Secondly, I can't know the subconcious reason behind my weight training but I always liked to train my muscles. I ve been going to gym on and off for years. I just like to have bigger muscles and better body. We know that both drinking and weight lifting causes body to release more cortisol, can high cortisol levels be the reason behind my increased shedding?

I've always thought it was psychological and might be chronic telogen effluvium caused by stress, as I can easily be a stressful person and it doesn't really follow a mpb pattern. And even my mothers side didn't bald at such an early age. But now I can't understand, there should be something else especially connected to this increased shedding whenever I drink. And do you think that it can affect this fast, I mean when I drink I shed, can it be really possible?
Drinking and weightlifting are very stressful for you. I know you don't have depression but this article will help you a lot with stress reduction. Finasteride works  a lot like an antidepressant, but don't confuse it as one.( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21806672 )
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/07/reversing-depression-without-antidepressants.aspx
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) will help you a lot. Meditation and yoga is therapeutic for hairloss. I would recommend supplements to reduce DHT, like saw palmetto, but it mostly works by reducing stress as a placebo.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dokuldudokulecek on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:57 pm

john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:

Drinking and weightlifting are very stressful for you. I know you don't have depression but this article will help you a lot with stress reduction. Finasteride works  a lot like an antidepressant, but don't confuse it as one.
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) will help you a lot. Meditation and yoga is therapeutic for hairloss. I would recommend supplements to reduce DHT, like saw palmetto, but it mostly works by reducing stress as a placebo.

Do you think that high histamine may be related to hair loss? For all my life I've had chronic nose stuffiness even I've had operations. I always have turbinate hypertrophy. Recently I've read something on thelowhistaminechef there are some silly symptom that I've had and couldn't explain such as electricity in fingers, falling asleep so fast, sore throat, blocked nose.. Also I generally get up with a severly blocked nose when I'm hangover. So I thought all these shedding and blocked nose things could be related to high histamine. (btw I've learnt that cortisol causes histamine release too, when I'm stressed I lose more hair)

Ps: I've noticed that my scalp is really oily when I look under light. (İnflammation?)

What do you think?

dokuldudokulecek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:54 am

dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:

Drinking and weightlifting are very stressful for you. I know you don't have depression but this article will help you a lot with stress reduction. Finasteride works  a lot like an antidepressant, but don't confuse it as one.

Do you think that high histamine may be related to hair loss? For all my life I've had chronic nose stuffiness even I've had operations. I always have turbinate hypertrophy. Recently I've read something on thelowhistaminechef there are some silly symptom that I've had and couldn't explain such as electricity in fingers, falling asleep so fast, sore throat, blocked nose.. Also I generally get up with a severly blocked nose when I'm hangover. So I thought all these shedding and blocked nose things could be related to high histamine. (btw I've learnt that cortisol causes histamine release too, when I'm stressed I lose more hair)

Ps: I've noticed that my scalp is really oily when I look under light. (İnflammation?)

What do you think?
http://www.biolreprod.org/content/21/5/1225.full.pdf
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20501468
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8638359
These are important studies for anybody researching androgenic alopecia, histamines and reproductive health. The more I research the more I learn that the  loss of semen is dangerous for health. The connection between prostatic hyperplasia and androgenic alopecia is getting clearer

If you MUST masturbate, I advise to eat 1 cup of papaya seeds daily a week prior as a contraceptive to prevent the formation of semen. This will only be able to negate the effects of the loss of semen, but not the effects of orgasm
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bov51 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:19 am

john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:

What do you think?
These are important studies for anybody researching androgenic alopecia, histamines and reproductive health. The more I research the more I learn that the  loss of semen is dangerous for health. The connection between prostatic hyperplasia and androgenic alopecia is getting clearer

If you MUST masturbate, I advise to eat 1 cup of papaya seeds daily a week prior as a contraceptive to prevent the formation of semen. This will only be able to negate the effects of the loss of semen, but not the effects of orgasm

This is very true, I shedd most hairs is when I binge fap. I'm starting nofap today, its very hard, the longest I lasted was a month.

bov51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 am

bov51 wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:
john3333 wrote:
dokuldudokulecek wrote:

What do you think?

This is very true, I shedd most hairs is when I binge fap.  I'm starting nofap today, its very hard, the longest I lasted was a month.
Not trying to derail the thread any further, but if you're fapping to substitute real love, you should stop.
I was crying when I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_siyRFjTcU&feature=youtu.be&t=21m30s
It's an important message for anybody on the hairloss forums. He's so right. There's so many options for us.
His diet of bananas, fruit, sugar, and white rice is really good for hairloss. I was skeptical of sugar and white rice too, until I saw the research. The longest living people ate over 95% of their calories as carbohydrates. That's not surprising since oil is the EXACT definition of empty calories(Look at the vitamins and minerals in coconut oil). Meat is also shown to cause diabetes, according to many researchers, including Michael Greger. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If you still aren't eating a diet like this, watch all of Michael Greger's research.
To go back to dokuldudokulecek, he should stop drinking and eat more like Durianrider.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:19 am

Sounds like the nose is getting blocked due to dehydration. Lack of water in the system increases inflammation. The scalp condition sounds like seborrheic dermatitis. MPB might also be present. I suggest seeing a dermatologist and also being checked for vitamin D deficiency.

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:21 am

takingaction wrote:Sounds like the nose is getting blocked due to dehydration. Lack of water in the system increases inflammation. The scalp condition sounds like seborrheic dermatitis. MPB might also be present. I suggest seeing a dermatologist and also being checked for vitamin D deficiency.
If water is the problem, he should also increase the amount of electrolytes he consumes.
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-electrolytes/
Many people are deficient in electrolytes, especially people who eat low carb diets since carbs are the best source of them.
Vitamin D might not be the only nutrient he's deficient in.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/guide-to-essential-nutrients/common-nutrient-deficiencies/
It's important to go on a vegan diet,take a b12 supplement, and get in the sunlight to fix these deficiencies. Once you do this you'll be happier and healthier regrowing your hair back.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dokuldudokulecek on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:49 pm

takingaction wrote:Sounds like the nose is getting blocked due to dehydration. Lack of water in the system increases inflammation. The scalp condition sounds like seborrheic dermatitis. MPB might also be present. I suggest seeing a dermatologist and also being checked for vitamin D deficiency.

john3333 wrote:
If water is the problem, he should also increase the amount of electrolytes he consumes.
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-electrolytes/
Many people are deficient in electrolytes, especially people who eat low carb diets since carbs are the best source of them.
Vitamin D might not be the only nutrient he's deficient in.
http://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/guide-to-essential-nutrients/common-nutrient-deficiencies/
It's important to go on a vegan diet,take a b12 supplement, and get in the sunlight to fix these deficiencies. Once you do this you'll be happier and healthier regrowing your hair back.

Thank you guys for trying to help me understand my situation. I really appreciate it, because I generally feel helpless.

Takingaction, I really drink a lot of water every day, I know that a hydrated body is obviously needed for a healthy organism, I don't really think it has something to do with hydration, by the way my body sweats a lot so it has a slight chance to contribute to my hair loss but not likely. Secondly, I don't have nearly any sign of seborrheic dermatitis. Basically I don't have redness on my scalp, it seems healthy from outside. Finally, I have checked my vit D levels and they are not low. Again, I take vitamin D supplements to preserve deficiency.

You can say that I'm in denial but I never believed it is mpb. Because none of my uncles from mother side had this problem this early, my dad's side has perfect hair. And I'm like an exact copy of my father, we look like a lot. Besides, I lose hair from all parts, generally top but everywhere. And these days, I'm shedding a lot of tiny little hairs that have white bulbs in the root, with white flakes falling from my scalp, I don't get what it means.

If we go back to my story, 2 years ago I had OCD, depression and was extremely stressed of college exams, I had perfect hair these days. One day I went to a cheap barber and he brushed with my hair a lot and irritated a bit. Then after a few days, I was looking to the mirror and have seen a thin part on the middle top. I asked my friend and he said maybe you had a very short haircut. But I believed I was losing hair. I stressed a lot and started to see my hair falling in clumps. At these days I was really depressed as much as I had nearly no libido. Then I got rid of my OCD, stressed year and hair become to get better but always shedding. Nowadays, it's in bad shape again and I don't get the real reason. By the way I started to dig in Demodex Mites theroy.

If I had classic MPB I believe I wouldn't freak out that much, but I don't have an obvious receding hairline nor vertex in bad shape, it's just thinning hair on all of the top. Today in the shower, I shed a lot from the back side of my scalp. Not understanding the reason drives me crazy.

Thank you guys again, I really appreciate your help.

dokuldudokulecek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:25 am

I didn't say "denial." By this point, I should have a reputation for being skeptical of "MPB" in cases of diffuse hair loss.

I wouldn't rule out seborrheic dermatitis, though. Oiliness can be part of the condition, flakes are typical, and it doesn't always make the skin red. It could be a different skin condition, of course.

Also, are you taking medication for OCD?

takingaction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dokuldudokulecek on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:40 am

takingaction wrote:I didn't say "denial." By this point, I should have a reputation for being skeptical of "MPB" in cases of diffuse hair loss.

I wouldn't rule out seborrheic dermatitis, though. Oiliness can be part of the condition, flakes are typical, and it doesn't always make the skin red. It could be a different skin condition, of course.

Also, are you taking medication for OCD?

No, you got me wrong, I was talking general when I said "you can say that I'm in denial" not blaming you Smile

I'm not sure of seborrheic dermatitis, I'll dig on it but now it doesn't itch craziliy as it was before. So I don't know.

Finally, I don't have OCD currently so I'm not using any drugs. I've only used 5-htp for a very short time.

dokuldudokulecek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top