Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Need Some Advice On Quitting Caffeine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Some Advice On Quitting Caffeine

Post  johndoe1225 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 am

Hey all, I posted this on the BB forums and seem to have my plan to quit down, but would also like as many opinions as possible especially from a hair perspective:

So I have what I consider to be a pretty serious coffee addiction. What's worse is that I'm a naturally anxious/nervous person, and caffeine can make that worse. I use a drip coffee maker, which I heard somehow produces the highest level of caffeine in coffee. Also, I use Italian coffee which is pretty strong. I'd estimate my average daily intake of coffee at maybe eight cups a day.

So I was thinking, I'd love to give up caffeine completely, but I also want to drink green tea for its taste and health benefits. Either way, I'm going to try to quit coffee.

The way I drink green tea is to boil a cup of water and drop three tea bags in it to make it taste a bit stronger, I find it tastes too diluted with only one, then sweeten with a little bit of honey. I just leave the bags in the cup until I finish drinking it, so they probably stay in there for 20 minutes or so, I think this may cause a higher level of caffeine than the recommended "steep then remove" method.

Also, I time my vitamin C intake (at least 1,000 mg) to coincide with my tea drinking, since vitamin C is supposed to increase absorption of polyphenols in green tea. Probably irrelevant though since I really don't think this affect the caffeine.

I'm wondering, if I drink this type of tea twice a day, what sort of caffeine intake am I looking at? One cup with three tea bags, generally each bag of green tea is said to have the caffeine in 1/3 a cup of coffee, depending on how you prepare it.

I know (green) tea has compounds that supposedly promote relaxation, but there's still caffeine in it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

johndoe1225

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need Some Advice On Quitting Caffeine

Post  john3333 on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:02 am

johndoe1225 wrote:Hey all, I posted this on the BB forums and seem to have my plan to quit down, but would also like as many opinions as possible especially from a hair perspective:

So I have what I consider to be a pretty serious coffee addiction. What's worse is that I'm a naturally anxious/nervous person, and caffeine can make that worse. I use a drip coffee maker, which I heard somehow produces the highest level of caffeine in coffee. Also, I use Italian coffee which is pretty strong. I'd estimate my average daily intake of coffee at maybe eight cups a day.

So I was thinking, I'd love to give up caffeine completely, but I also want to drink green tea for its taste and health benefits. Either way, I'm going to try to quit coffee.

The way I drink green tea is to boil a cup of water and drop three tea bags in it to make it taste a bit stronger, I find it tastes too diluted with only one, then sweeten with a little bit of honey. I just leave the bags in the cup until I finish drinking it, so they probably stay in there for 20 minutes or so, I think this may cause a higher level of caffeine than the recommended "steep then remove" method.

Also, I time my vitamin C intake (at least 1,000 mg) to coincide with my tea drinking, since vitamin C is supposed to increase absorption of polyphenols in green tea. Probably irrelevant though since I really don't think this affect the caffeine.

I'm wondering, if I drink this type of tea twice a day, what sort of caffeine intake am I looking at? One cup with three tea bags, generally each bag of green tea is said to have the caffeine in 1/3 a cup of coffee, depending on how you prepare it.

I know (green) tea has compounds that supposedly promote relaxation, but there's still caffeine in it.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Caffeine is a pesticide. Stop drinking coffee and green tea completely and drink datorade instead. If you don't want to quit it completely, go vegan anyways!
The most important thing for your hair is to adopt a PEACEFUL CUISINE.

Watch these videos to learn about the beauty of veganism.
john3333

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top