Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Official Vegan Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Official Vegan Thread

Post  Hotspur on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:04 pm

john3333 wrote:Hotspur, I absolutely agree with you.

Thanks John. I noted he's not responding to your rebuttals. It's difficult to know if Organism's trolling or if he's truly unaware of his bait and switch strategy. Organism, you wrote:

Yes, I stand by the [DGAC] conclusion that there is no evidence to prove dietary cholesterol causes heart disease.

The study also recommends reducing intake of saturated fat and red meat. In stating 'Cholesterol is not a nutrient of concern for over-consumption' the DGAC report cited the following two studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24222015

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23676423

These studies are observational and do not track cholesterol levels at baseline. A better study design is an RCT. Further, the second study noted a 42% increased risk of type 2 diabetes and a 69% increased risk of CAD.

I know at this point you want to pivot away and cite other studies. And we can do that. But first show some respect to me and this board and acknowledge the DGAC study is bullshit or stand here and defend it.

Hotspur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:45 am

I was vegan for 3 years and raw vegan for 1 of those years. Made sure I ate more vegetables than fruits and still had no success. Veganism will not regrow your hair I guarantee it.

Growdamnit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Growdamnit wrote:I was vegan for 3 years and raw vegan for 1 of those years. Made sure I ate more vegetables than fruits and still had no success. Veganism will not regrow your hair I guarantee it.

Cool story (Go to 1:00).

Hotspur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:38 am

You understand that video literally tells me nothing.

Growdamnit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:59 am

Growdamnit wrote:I was vegan for 3 years and raw vegan for 1 of those years. Made sure I ate more vegetables than fruits and still had no success. Veganism will not regrow your hair I guarantee it.

So you are generalizing for everybody, and tried every possible growing plant for a long period.
You must been busy trying everything people suggests, since you have been there, don that.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Sage 1 wrote:

So you are generalizing for everybody, and tried every possible growing plant for a long period.
You must been busy trying everything people suggests, since you have been there, don that.

My thoughts exactly. A healthy diet may not be a bulletproof solution but its clearly beneficial for some people.

Hotspur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hotspur on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:54 pm

By the way Sage, are you vegan?

What diet do you follow?

Hotspur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Hotspur wrote:By the way Sage, are you vegan?

What diet do you follow?

Iīm on a vegan diet, and we donīt follow any specific routine but i think the rainbow diet as John mentioned is a good start base.
Itīs not for beneficial hair reasons we changed our diet, itīs rather for our and environment health reasons.

We strive for a seasonal diet as possible.

Sage 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  brittany14 on Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:52 pm

According to my opinion, if you don't want to worry about your hair health, you can use measures to nourish your hair from outside(shampoo, hair mask...) or simply add diet food suggested for good hair.
There are many vegan foods containing ingredients to heal your hair. They conclude papaya, yogurt, pecan, avocado, corn, raisin, spirulina, chia seed and specially wheat germ. Wheat germ is high in energy, fiber and protein and considered as a power house of carbohydrates. Therefore, it is usually one part of many diets. Moreover, with essential nutrients and vitamins such as vitamin E, folate, zinc, calcium, selenium, wheat germ can release anti-aging effects causing hair loss and bad hair. You can see details at https://wikihomenutrition.com/wheat-germ-health-benefits/
Besides, there are some home remedies to support your hair caring process. You can use honey, aloe vera, coconut oil, avocado, olive oil... to make mask for your hair. Regard!

brittany14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Organism on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Hotspur wrote:
john3333 wrote:Hotspur, I absolutely agree with you.

Thanks John. I noted he's not responding to your rebuttals. It's difficult to know if Organism's trolling or if he's truly unaware of his bait and switch strategy. Organism, you wrote:

Yes, I stand by the [DGAC] conclusion that there is no evidence to prove dietary cholesterol causes heart disease.

The study also recommends reducing intake of saturated fat and red meat. In stating 'Cholesterol is not a nutrient of concern for over-consumption' the DGAC report cited the following two studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24222015

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23676423

These studies are observational and do not track cholesterol levels at baseline. A better study design is an RCT. Further, the second study noted a 42% increased risk of type 2 diabetes and a 69% increased risk of CAD.

I know at this point you want to pivot away and cite other studies. And we can do that. But first show some respect to me and this board and acknowledge the DGAC study is bullshit or stand here and defend it.

No matter how much you agree with each other doesn't make it true.

From your replies to my post you continue to expose yourself as someone who can't even read studies, or even understand what I write.

There are no RCT's that prove egg consumption is harmful. There's more evidence that doesn't show link between CVD.

There is no evidence that egg consumption increased CVD mortality.

If there's links between egg consumption and type 2 diabetes incidence. That's associative, the study can't determine what the hundreds of other factors are there.

What you wrote clearly exposes you don't even understand what the value is in these type of studies, and how to discern the data of results from no association to association.

For example  people who ate more eggs could also have ate more fat. That's the limitation of this type of study, but the real value what you can take from the study more importantly shows there is NO ASSOCIATED LINK between eggs and CVD mortality. That's what you can take from the study.

If you think the study can't be trusted because the data is manipulated even though that hasn't been proven. Which is a separate issue from sponsorship. Funding doesn't automatically mean the study results should be ignored but more assessed.

So where's your evidence? I'm still amazed you continue to ignore the other research. By the way a lot of the "science" you rely on from PCRM are funded by vegetarians vegans, which I don't have a problem with, because it's easy to asses the mistakes they make, which is summed up by assumptions of biological markers.

Because what's in your head automatically assumes eggs are bad for you. Which means it's a BELIEF. Completely irrational reasoning.

I even sourced some of the history of why people even started to think that eggs and dietary cholesterol are bad for you. American Diet Association was run by grain agriculture ties (still is) and vegetarian authoritative roles. But there was no evidence to begin with that cholesterol was bad for you. That's the real issue which you ignore.

That's the issue in the china study which you ignore as well, by Campbell is wrong because his extrapolation of the data rely on the BELIEF, instilled by nothing but authoritative recommendations without evidence.

You still haven't posted any evidence to the contrary. If it was true then post evidence to suggest other wise.

Honestly, your so instilled with rote of vegetarian propaganda on health I don't expect you to even understand what I'm saying, but maybe someone passing by can take value from this.

And to make things clear, I'm not saying you can't be healthy and vegetarian I'm pointing out the major flaws that vegans and vegetarians use as evidence on health issues.

I was mostly vegetarian, until I was young adult, I've also experimented with being vegan. My father and his side of the family are vegetarians. I completely agree with it ethically and for other reasons on health but I'm again'st what simply isn't true. Many health claims from vegans against eating animal products are simply false. Going vegan doesn't automatically make you healthy nor does being an omnivore. It's not that simply, if you think otherwise then good luck to you, you're going to need it.

NEWS FLASH.

An egg a day can cut chances of suffering a fatal stroke

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/an-egg-a-day-can-cut-chances-of-suffering-fatal-stroke-kr3lf0m3t

Eating an egg a day can cut the chance of a stroke, according to a study of 300,000 people over more than 30 years.

Organism

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top